an idea....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:28 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
warriors get hard working guys that fill each backup position we need pg/c/pf-sf not big name starters but good solid backups with championship experience with high basket ball iQz and toughness.

spurs get a solid wing man in pietrus a young center in o'bryant that duncun can groom and a young exiting shooting guard in azubuikie that can backup finley and our 1st rnd pick.

azu
pietrus
o'bryant
1std rnd pick

for

vaughn (no playing time do to stoudamire)
oduka
elson

i know your thinking we need to get a shooting guard in return to replace azu right? well thats why belli will be getting more minutes.

davis/vaughn/watson
jackson/ellis/belinelli
harrington/oduka/barnes
webber/wright/croshere
biedrins/elson/perovic

just another idea
Last edited by mista240sx on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:43 am
i like the trade...but i dont see why the spurs would do it. vaughn is a capable back up even tho he's old. and the spurs really value udoka...they call him the next bruce bowen and i agree. he has excellent defensive skills but i think he'll eventually lapse bowen as far as talent, being more than just a 3 point shooter on offense.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:54 am
EMan32 wrote:i like the trade...but i dont see why the spurs would do it. vaughn is a capable back up even tho he's old. and the spurs really value udoka...they call him the next bruce bowen and i agree. he has excellent defensive skills but i think he'll eventually lapse bowen as far as talent, being more than just a 3 point shooter on offense.

well as far as vaughn go's i think we can get him for buki you agree?
vaughn is getting way less minutes when parker comes back and stoudamire gets second string it would make sense to get a backup for finley as far as elson go's i think o'byant would be better for the future
and pietrus gives them a wing man,solid defender and a 1st rnd pick on top of pietrus thats why the spurs would do it if it ever happend.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:52 am
Well, I've got mixed feelings about this trade. First, I'd rather play CJ Watson than Vaughn. Never been a big fan of Jacque Vaughn.

Second, Elson is a good rebounder... but not much more. So not a lot of value there.

So wer're basically trading Azubuike for Udoka. And that's where I'm not sure of the trade. I like Udoka. I think he's a good defender, with a very limited offensive game, but he's aware of that and doesn't try to do too much. On the other side, we're giving up Azu, who's a much more accomplished offensive players...

As long as Nellie is our coach and with Belinelli still unproven (I think I've only seen a good game of him in all the season), I think I'd pass on this one.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:25 am
mista240sx wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~3019~2173~234~866~874&teams=24~24~24~9~9~9&te=&cash=
warriors get hard working guys that fill each backup position we need pg/c/pf-sf not big name starters but good solid backups with championship experience with high basket ball iQz and toughness.

spurs get a solid wing man in pietrus a young center in o'bryant that duncun can groom and a young exiting shooting guard in azubuikie that can backup finley and our 1st rnd pick.

azu
pietrus
o'bryant
1std rnd pick

for

vaughn (no playing time do to stoudamire)
oduka
elson

i know your thinking we need to get a shooting guard in return to replace azu right? well thats why belli will be getting more minutes.

davis/vaughn/watson
jackson/ellis/belinelli
harrington/oduka/barnes
webber/wright/croshere
biedrins/elson/perovic

just another idea

Good Trade... but i wouldn't pull the trigger
I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick
Azu has a Great Attitude, has good chemistry with the rest of the Warrior players and has Potential...

Oduka would help the W's tremendously on the defensive side of the ball... but, Oduka has been a good fit for S.A and has displayed great defensive skills...i don't see S.A trading him

At this point, ill take any P.G in the league to Backup Baron...(Watson),Lowry,G.P,Vaughn... Whoever

and I agree with TMC about Elson... He's a good rebounder....but not much more.

"trade for Artest and Lowry!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:46 am
Marco is complete garbage. Azu is 100x better than marco will ever be. I like Udoka a lot but hes older than azu and I think we need to keep a lot of our youth so in the years to come we can stay competetive and become an elite team.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:50 pm
jimbo, seen several posts from you where you state that Marco is TERRIBLE and GARBAGE. Just wondering what you base that on? Not slamming you, just wondering why you have such a strong negative opinion of him.

Did you live is Europe to see him play over there or something?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:11 pm
lmao, Im not sure wat puts me off about him exactly but I usually dont like players that dont do anything else but score. I like guys that can score, rebound, play great d, etc. I think a lot of it comes from me also being a knick fan and having a team of players that can all be dominant scorers, but can do nothing else which is frustrating. Thats y I love the warriors because baron, jackson, monta, and almost everyone else in the rotation do more than just score, they contribute in many ways that the stat sheet doesn't show. One thing that gets annoying is when people talk about his summer league games as proof that he is really good when summer league never usually means anything.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

Return to Trades