names that hasnt came up that....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:39 pm
ok we heard the same names over the past month on possible trades artest,miller,warrick,lowry and so on my question is are there any other
players out there that can make a difference on our team? another guy i think will do good if we were to acquire some how is Andray Blatche from the wizards he plays hard, good rebounder/shot blocker and can finish around the basket. andray did good againts the dubs last time they played
i really like his play he can be backup center or even the pf spot. what do you guys think or any other names out there that can help the dubs that
hasnt been mentioned yet?
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:41 pm
sorry....this should have been in the trade section moderators can move this post to trades please.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:56 pm
thread moved mista

in regards to Blatche. I think he is an intriguing prospect. Problem is Wizards are also very high on his potential which is the reason they gave him a 5 year deal in the offseason despite him having only played limited min the previous two seasons.

With guarenteed contracts, you dont give a guy with virtually no experience a 5 year deal unless you like him a lot.

What that means is that we would have to give up more talent than his production and because he does not make much money, we would probably have to take back a bad contract on top of it.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:57 pm
I could be wrong about this but I think hes a little too small to play backup center even for us. Im not sure exactly how big he is, I thought he was a small forward but so is Al Harrington so i guess he could play center. I think its more important to get some bigger guys as we have enough players that can play small ball. A few guys that come to mind r haslem, humphries, kurt, wilcox, collison, etc.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:03 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I could be wrong about this but I think hes a little too small to play backup center even for us. Im not sure exactly how big he is, I thought he was a small forward but so is Al Harrington so i guess he could play center. I think its more important to get some bigger guys as we have enough players that can play small ball. A few guys that come to mind r haslem, humphries, kurt, wilcox, collison, etc.

Blatche has pretty good size. I think he is around 6'11 250. came right out of HS so he will probably put on more weight. He is bigger than every guy in your list.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Oh my bad, if hes 6'11 than he would be very good player to aquire given his potential. Im sure it would take more than pietrus and a 1st round pick tho so im not sure wat we could trade for him. Another guy I just thought of that i think could be good here is Amir Johnson. I dont kno much about his game but he looks like he has a lot of potential but like blatche he was given a big contract (3 mil a year) without having played too much so the pistons must really like him. Actually I dont think he played at all until the end of last year but hes an amazing sahot blocker and I think a decent shooter. He was 6'9 but has grown to 6'11 now.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:24 am
Washington is so high on him that there's no way we can get him without trading Biedrins or Monta.

Nice idea, but not feasible. If we always talk about the same names it's because nobody else is really avaiable or they'd cost an awful lot more than they should.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:29 pm
hey i love andray blatche too but why would the wizards trade him? they are a big reason they are playing as well as they have since gilbert has been gone.

also i just dont see what we'd be willing to give up to get him, that would make the wizards pull the trigger?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:44 pm
I wouldn't want to move Monta, Andris or BWright for a 5 year contract...sure he has potential, but I don't think you should throw 5 years at a guy...especially not if they would ever consider trading him :scratch:

Return to Trades