RON ARTEST

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:53 pm
I think, after the loss to the Kings tonight against Memphis and from what is being said on other websites from reliable sources, Ron Artest coming to the Warriors is something that might happen. Being discussed is

POB
Pietrus
1st Rnd Pick
Trade Exception

For
Artest
Kenny Thomas

Rumor - Webber and Thomas are work out partners and many inside Oracle say this deal is already in the works

Notice how much Artest was into the game the other night and made it a point every time he got a shot at it, to act a fool in front of the warriors bench, and nobody got upset, they all smiled. Not a normal reaction from a rival bench.

I think it is happening everyone

I called the Warriors deal before it was posted, my inside I hope is real this time around too
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 pm
SleepFloyd wrote:I think, after the loss to the Kings tonight against Memphis and from what is being said on other websites from reliable sources, Ron Artest coming to the Warriors is something that might happen. Being discussed is

POB
Pietrus
1st Rnd Pick
Trade Exception

For
Artest
Kenny Thomas

Rumor - Webber and Thomas are work out partners and many inside Oracle say this deal is already in the works

Notice how much Artest was into the game the other night and made it a point every time he got a shot at it, to act a fool in front of the warriors bench, and nobody got upset, they all smiled. Not a normal reaction from a rival bench.

I think it is happening everyone

I called the Warriors deal before it was posted, my inside I hope is real this time around too

diddnt you just say that the warriors were going to send pietrus to dallas for some cash to sign payton? and another trade to get wilcox? whos your sources? give me some links.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm
I have to agree with mista240sx here... Where are your sources? You post one huge trade rumor that you believe to be legitimate, then counteract it with this one. So, which one are you going with? It seems to me like you are just getting excited about the possibilities and making the posts before you actually get any real info.
This is my incredibly intelligent signature line. Clever eh?

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:37 pm
Please do yourselves a favor and don't believe anything you hear, from me or anyone else for that matter. I am just merely posting information here from other news reports from around the state.

Nothing is ever concrete until it is done, just trying to give folks something to talk about based on rumors
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Yeah, but there is nothing to talk about unless you have an actual source to cite. Who are these so called "news reports from around the state"? No one will pay attention to your rumors unless you have something to back it up. Believe me, it just won't work if you say you heard the rumor from your "father's uncle's cousin's nephew's former roommate" (Spceballs FTW).
This is my incredibly intelligent signature line. Clever eh?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:42 pm
hey Sleepy, if you are getting these stories from news reports, please post some links if you wouldn't mind. I am always interested in this kind of stuff, even if the trades never happen, the rumors are always fun.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:46 pm
I saw it over at the Golden State of Mind board, never new the board was around. I actually googled the ron artest name with the words trade rumors and thats what popped up.

Sorry if these posts are offending the rooks, but just given out the info I find

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 am
thats probably just other fans talking about possible trade situations just like us. goldenstateofmind is a blog/message board. i know a couple of fans post on here and there...its probably nothing.

ive seen this proposal on this board before...i wouldnt doubt it was the same person posting it on here as the one who did on goldenstateofmind.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:09 am
What's real is that Denver is after Artest, and have offered a deal with Najera (expirer) and a first round pick for him.

Sacramento is asking for Kleiza to complete the deal, but Denver won't include him, considering the big risk of Artest leaving after the year.

What I'm trying to say is that Artest won't cost that much, and, as long as a first rounder is included in the deal, he can be pretty attainable. It will probably cost a bit more for us (as we're division rivals), but Sacramento can't ask for much...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:17 am
TMC wrote:What's real is that Denver is after Artest, and have offered a deal with Najera (expirer) and a first round pick for him.

Sacramento is asking for Kleiza to complete the deal, but Denver won't include him, considering the big risk of Artest leaving after the year.

What I'm trying to say is that Artest won't cost that much, and, as long as a first rounder is included in the deal, he can be pretty attainable. It will probably cost a bit more for us (as we're division rivals), but Sacramento can't ask for much...

in terms of what theyd get from us (pietrus, pob, and a first rounder), they would get a lot more from us than fro denver. i hope denver stays firm on not giving kleiza. honestly, our deal would be good for sac and for us. we get better for the simple facts that 1)pob aint playing so its nothing lost. 2)artest is so much better than pietrus. 3)with the youth on our team we can afford to miss 1 first round if it means itll make our team that much better. like TMC said, it wont cost much to get artest. i realize that artest having the option to opt out is kind of a risk, but its one of those low risk-high reward type situations IMO
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:21 am
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:What's real is that Denver is after Artest, and have offered a deal with Najera (expirer) and a first round pick for him.

in terms of what theyd get from us (pietrus, pob, and a first rounder), they would get a lot more from us than fro denver. i hope denver stays firm on not giving kleiza. honestly, our deal would be good for sac and for us. we get better for the simple facts that 1)pob aint playing so its nothing lost. 2)artest is so much better than pietrus. 3)with the youth on our team we can afford to miss 1 first round if it means itll make our team that much better. like TMC said, it wont cost much to get artest. i realize that artest having the option to opt out is kind of a risk, but its one of those low risk-high reward type situations IMO

Great post...not to mention we wuldn't see that 1st rounder play for a good 3 years anyways :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm
sleandres wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

Great post...not to mention we wuldn't see that 1st rounder play for a good 3 years anyways :mrgreen:

Agreed...

Go for Artest
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:59 pm
Earlier today, I would have said no to it because of the loss of a draft pick. Now with Dallas getting Kidd, if it goes through, I changed my mind. We do need to get a guy like Artest. We might not make the playoffs the way this is going. :|

One more good big body will help.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:11 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Earlier today, I would have said no to it because of the loss of a draft pick. Now with Dallas getting Kidd, if it goes through, I changed my mind. We do need to get a guy like Artest. We might not make the playoffs the way this is going. :|

One more good big body will help.

with that said its a must now.... denver gets artest oh there go's the season but if we get artest wow lets make a run for the championship.

or the warriors can still take advantage of memphis and throw them some bench players and some draft pics for miller lowry and warrick,hey with memphis anything is possible right? :mrgreen:
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:15 pm
mista240sx wrote:...hey with memphis anything is possible right? :mrgreen:
Nope only if your the lakers and shovel some money under the table.
Next

Return to Trades