possible trade from the chicago tribune....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:06 pm
sam smith from the chicago tribune writes

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... 788.column

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

personally this would be a steal for us but if this trade go's threw it would be good for the warriors well exept azu he wont be playing anymore minutes this year.... on the other hand this trade would take us to the
playoffs and who knoes where.

after this trade we still have o'bryant,azu and other pieces to trade for a decent center like rasho nesterovic.

chris duhon-solid backup for baron (killed us last time we played the bulls)
tyrus thomas-imagine our future front court with wright and thomas=)(killed us last time we played the bulls)
ben gordon-would make the dubs backcourt the most feard in the nba

the question is how would minutes pan out?

davis/duhon/watson
ellis/gordon/azu/belinelli
jackson/barnes/thomas
webber/wright/croshere
biedrins/perovic/o'bryant
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:56 pm
thats actually not too bad of a trade. id take either tyrus thomas or joe smith. tyrus thomas is young and provides defense and is tremevdously athletic but joe smith knows how to score and is a veteran (and isnt too bad a defender himself). ben gordon would have to take the same bench role he was getting in chicago tho. this trade would give us unbelieveable depth. honestly, id pull the trigger on this whether it was thomas or smith with gordon and duhon. nice find mista240 :thumbright:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 pm
Sam Smith is a moron that makes up trades when he doesn't have anything else to talk about. Which is... always.

[/thread over]

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:01 pm
TMC wrote:Sam Smith is a moron that makes up trades when he doesn't have anything else to talk about. Which is... always.

[/thread over]

haha...well this trade was thought up better than a lot of people on this board
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:02 pm
Wow, I can't believe a writer for the Bulls would put this out, as it seems that we would be ripping them off. I must say Ben Gordon doesn't make sense, as we have no need for another undersized 2 guard. Someone like Luol Deng would be nice as he could offer us someone to play in Al's place. Either way I don't see why the Bulls would do this...am I alone?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 pm
sleandres wrote:Wow, I can't believe a writer for the Bulls would put this out, as it seems that we would be ripping them off. I must say Ben Gordon doesn't make sense, as we have no need for another undersized 2 guard. Someone like Luol Deng would be nice as he could offer us someone to play in Al's place. Either way I don't see why the Bulls would do this...am I alone?

naw you're not alone. i dont think they would. if anything i think they're gonna try to trade ben wallace off. i heard there was some talks with the bulls and knicks...not sure how far that got

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:07 pm
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:Wow, I can't believe a writer for the Bulls would put this out, as it seems that we would be ripping them off. I must say Ben Gordon doesn't make sense, as we have no need for another undersized 2 guard. Someone like Luol Deng would be nice as he could offer us someone to play in Al's place. Either way I don't see why the Bulls would do this...am I alone?

naw you're not alone. i dont think they would. if anything i think they're gonna try to trade ben wallace off. i heard there was some talks with the bulls and knicks...not sure how far that got

If Mullie swung this trade, I think I would have to throw a party :drinking: !!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:14 pm
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:Sam Smith is a moron that makes up trades when he doesn't have anything else to talk about. Which is... always.

[/thread over]

I wasn't kidding when I posted that. This guy creates rumors in his mind, to publish them later. I don't have enough fingers to count how many times he has talked about the Bulls ready to trade for J-Rich (when he was with us) or that the Bulls and Warriors had a deal in place to trade Tyson Chandler to us...

Of course, nothing like that ever happened, and even people from the teams involved admitted that those deal were never discussed.

Why this moron still keeps his job is beyond me...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:17 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

[/thread over]

I wasn't kidding when I posted that. This guy creates rumors in his mind, to publish them later. I don't have enough fingers to count how many times he has talked about the Bulls ready to trade for J-Rich (when he was with us) or that the Bulls and Warriors had a deal in place to trade Tyson Chandler to us...

Of course, nothing like that ever happened, and even people from the teams involved admitted that those deal were never discussed.

Why this moron still keeps his job is beyond me...

i didnt think you were kidding. i took your post for what it was. i just found it funny that he gets paid for that. maybe its just me seeing a whole bunch of bogus trades in the forum that this one actually makes some sort of sense

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:25 pm
EMan32 wrote:maybe its just me seeing a whole bunch of bogus trades in the forum that this one actually makes some sort of sense

Well, he's a pro, remember? :mrgreen:

I don't think that trade makes much sense for Chicago. It clearly looks like a steal for us.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:25 pm
EMan32 wrote:thats actually not too bad of a trade. id take either tyrus thomas or joe smith. tyrus thomas is young and provides defense and is tremevdously athletic but joe smith knows how to score and is a veteran (and isnt too bad a defender himself). ben gordon would have to take the same bench role he was getting in chicago tho. this trade would give us unbelieveable depth. honestly, id pull the trigger on this whether it was thomas or smith with gordon and duhon. nice find mista240 :thumbright:

I would jump all over this trade...
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 pm
this will make more sense for the bulls

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
harrington
azubuki
pietrus
croshere
1st rnd pick to the bulls

gordon
thomas
duhon
2nd rd pick to the warriors

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:51 pm
yeah i dont get it from the bulls perspective. gordon and duhon is about right to get for harrington i think, throwing in tyrus thomas for pietrus? yea rite, wasnt he like the 2nd or 3rd overall pick like 2 years ago? why would they give up on him this early, like they did on tyson chandler?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:yeah i dont get it from the bulls perspective. gordon and duhon is about right to get for harrington i think, throwing in tyrus thomas for pietrus? yea rite, wasnt he like the 2nd or 3rd overall pick like 2 years ago? why would they give up on him this early, like they did on tyson chandler?

i think my trade scenario is better
buki
harrington
pietrus
croshere
1st rd pick

duhon
gordon
thomas

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 am
[quote="ChronicallyInclined"]yeah i dont get it from the bulls perspective. gordon and duhon is about right to get for harrington i think, throwing in tyrus thomas for pietrus? yea rite, wasnt he like the 2nd or 3rd overall pick like 2 years ago? why would they give up on him this early, like they did on tyson chandler?[/quote]

because they have the same thing in joakim noah. only difference is tyrus is a lot more athletic. they could lose either one and still get the same production out of the other.

Next

Return to Trades