if we dont get artest/kurt thomas we can still try this....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 pm
if the warriors dont get artest or kurt thomas they can still try this one.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

with this trade the warriors get a better shooter/rebounder in miller and a solid sf/pf in warrick and a solid back up point guard in lowry.

harrington
pietrus
o'bryant
2nd rd pick(if they ask for a 1st rd pick hell ya give it)

mike miller
warrick
lowry

davis/lowry/watson
jackson/ellis/azu
miller/barnes/belinelli
webber/wright/warrick
biedrins/perovic/croshere

results
stronger starting lineup
stronger bench

i think we can make a run with this lineup remember the dubs have the best record in the west ever since jack came back with this lineup the warriors improve and can make a serious run in the playoffs.

Al Harrington

PTS: 14.6 REB: 5.3 AST: 1.5 PER: 16.08

Mike Miller

PTS: 17.0 REB: 6.6 AST: 3.7 PER: 15.93
Last edited by mista240sx on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:51 pm
Considering how poorly Webber has played so far, I'd rather wait before trading Al Harrington... (because Nellie doesn't have any kind of confidence on Wright)

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:54 pm
i guess this would mean that you have mike miller playing PF ala Dirk. i dont think id do it...harrington isnt a rebounding beast, but miller isnt much a rebounder period.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:01 pm
in my opinion miller is more consistent than harrington and lowry would run the point better when bd is resting seems like when watson is on the floor it gets pretty sloppy and well we all we would rather have warrick over pietrus.
Last edited by mista240sx on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:17 pm
mista240sx wrote:in my opinion miller is more consistant than harrington and lowry would run the point better when bd is resting seems like when watson is on the floor it gets pretty sloppy and well we all we would rather have warrick over pietrus.


miller IS more consistent than harrington. im not gonna argue that. the thing is, you'd be taking miller out of his natural position. i dont know that he's ever played PF, expecially against the other PFs in the league. he would be a huge liability on defense against bigger teams. more so than harrington
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm
EMan32 wrote:
mista240sx wrote:in my opinion miller is more consistant than harrington and lowry would run the point better when bd is resting seems like when watson is on the floor it gets pretty sloppy and well we all we would rather have warrick over pietrus.


miller IS more consistent than harrington. im not gonna argue that. the thing is, you'd be taking miller out of his natural position. i dont know that he's ever played PF, expecially against the other PFs in the league. he would be a huge liability on defense against bigger teams. more so than harrington


thats the reason why hakim warrick is in this trade and brandon wright is on the roster if this trade did happen if brandon wright and hakim warrick gotten fair share minutes the dubs will have less problems defensive and offensive as far as the front line goes.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:31 pm
mista240sx wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
mista240sx wrote:in my opinion miller is more consistant than harrington and lowry would run the point better when bd is resting seems like when watson is on the floor it gets pretty sloppy and well we all we would rather have warrick over pietrus.


miller IS more consistent than harrington. im not gonna argue that. the thing is, you'd be taking miller out of his natural position. i dont know that he's ever played PF, expecially against the other PFs in the league. he would be a huge liability on defense against bigger teams. more so than harrington


thats the reason why hakim warrick is in this trade and brandon wright is on the roster if this trade did happen if brandon wright and hakim warrick gotten fair share minutes the dubs will have less problems defensive and offensive as far as the front line goes.


then you would have either jackson or miller coming off the bench? neither is a bench player right now. theres no reason miller shouldnt be starting...he would start anywhere he goes. wright and warrick wouldnt do anything to solve that.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:45 pm
start miller at small forward
wright and warrick his backups
this is nelie ball those three can
play 3-4-5 spots but yeah miller
would start at the 3 spot for sure.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:48 pm
so who goes to the bench? jackson or monta? both of whom, again, shouldnt come off the bench
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:31 pm
EMan32 wrote:so who goes to the bench? jackson or monta? both of whom, again, shouldnt come off the bench


here you go


davis/lowry
jackson/ellis
miller/barnes
wright/warrick
biedrins/webber
watson
bellineli
croshere
perovic


webber can play 4-5
wright-4-5
warrick 3-4

but yeah the answer to your question ellis comming off the bench
thats the reason why i said with this trade a stronger starting lineup
stronger bench.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:30 pm
mista240sx wrote:
EMan32 wrote:so who goes to the bench? jackson or monta? both of whom, again, shouldnt come off the bench


here you go


davis/lowry
jackson/ellis
miller/barnes
wright/warrick
biedrins/webber
watson
bellineli
croshere
perovic


webber can play 4-5
wright-4-5
warrick 3-4

but yeah the answer to your question ellis comming off the bench
thats the reason why i said with this trade a stronger starting lineup
stronger bench.


i disagree. stronger bench, yeah, definitely. but stronger starting lineup? not so sure about that. id rather have monta and harrington in the starting lineup than miller and warrick. but of course thats my opinion. not like i would make the trade anyway
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:53 pm
To me this is a perception thing.... Mike Miller is known as a SHOOTER, but yet his FG and 3pt %'s are virtually identical over the past two years. Miller also can't defend C's or have NEARLY the versatility as Harrington.

Then you add it the fact that Miller is a turnover machine and there is no comparison betweent the two.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:12 pm
i respect you guys opinion you know i got mine remember also we need a pg that can run the team while bd is resting i think lowry can do better than watson at this point and without this trade we cant have that.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:21 pm
here is this better?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

pietrus
o'bryant
2nd rd pick

for

warrick
lowry
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 pm
Why would they do that? Why would teams want Pietrus?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests