nuggets

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:56 am
interesting trade i think will help both sides

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

no more 5-18 shooting by jack we also get rid of pietrus and pob

we get martin the athletic no fear pf/c we need playing along side
beans and webber can be a really exiting thing.

davis/watson
ellis/azubuiki/belinelli
harrintgton/barnes
kmart/wright/croshere
biedrins/webeber/perovic
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:29 am
Absolutely terrible trade, dude. You know K-Mart has a max contract, right?. Adding him would probably mean that we wouldn't be able to keep Monta or Beans.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:53 am
TMC wrote:Absolutely terrible trade, dude. You know K-Mart has a max contract, right?. Adding him would probably mean that we wouldn't be able to keep Monta or Beans.

my bad then i thought it would made sense.... it does player wise but i guess your right on the money side of things we do need to sign beans and monta thanks for your input tmc.

so what do we do now tmc? i want a trade scenario from you what would work financially and make sense obviously it doesnt work when i try to put together a trade.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:18 pm
mista240sx wrote:
TMC wrote:Absolutely terrible trade, dude. You know K-Mart has a max contract, right?. Adding him would probably mean that we wouldn't be able to keep Monta or Beans.

my bad then i thought it would made sense.... it does player wise but i guess your right on the money side of things we do need to sign beans and monta thanks for your input tmc.

so what do we do now tmc? i want a trade scenario from you what would work financially and make sense obviously it doesnt work when i try to put together a trade.

Your obsesessed with trades arnt you mista!!! :mrgreen:

I think we need to all pull together and buy you a copy of NBA Live 08 or 2K8 or something, just so you can do trades all day............although I suppose you have ESPN and realgm for that huh. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:32 pm
mista240sx wrote:my bad then i thought it would made sense.... it does player wise but i guess your right on the money side of things we do need to sign beans and monta thanks for your input tmc.

Yeah, K-Mart would be a perfect fit, but his salary is way too high to consider such a trade. He's making 13 million this year and still has 3 more years and 46 million left in his contract... No way he gets traded until he becomes a expirer (unless he's traded to a team that doesn't care about the luxury tax).

mista240sx wrote:so what do we do now tmc? i want a trade scenario from you what would work financially and make sense obviously it doesnt work when i try to put together a trade.

I don't like to propose trades because it's really hard to find one that suits both teams.

But let's give a chance. What about this one?:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1765~353~3019~2173~846&teams=25~25~25~25~9&te=&cash=

Add also a second rounder going in Seattle's way and it should be a pretty good deal for both teams, I think. Seattle gets a pick and a bunch of expirers, which should help clearing their cap situation. If they want to, they'll be able to re-sign Pietrus or Barnes in the offseason. If not, they would have gotten a second rounder for Kurt Thomas, who was an expirer they had no plans to re-sign.

As for us, Thomas would help A LOT our inside defense and rebounding, two of the biggest needs of our team.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:38 pm
Not only do I not like KMart's contract...I just don't like him on this team, period.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:51 pm
sleandres wrote:Not only do I not like KMart's contract...I just don't like him on this team, period.

Im with you sleandres..........Ive never really liked K-Mart, even when he was th talk of the league, for all his physical attributes and supposed toughness, the guy has averaged like 7.3 boards for his career, no particularly impressive.

The only reason people would want him here is because he can/used to get up and down the floor nicely, catch a load of oops...............for me, he hasnt produced a single thing since he signed his max deal and has been constantly injured the last few years.............that says alot.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:29 pm
TMC, I am with you bro. I have stated it for weeks... Kurt Thomas is exactly who we need if we have any chance at making a run. He would most likely be a half year rental.

If we dont get a defensive, rebounding post player, we just can not match up with several teams in the West.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:06 pm
badabing8888 wrote:TMC, I am with you bro. I have stated it for weeks... Kurt Thomas is exactly who we need if we have any chance at making a run. He would most likely be a half year rental.

If we dont get a defensive, rebounding post player, we just can not match up with several teams in the West.

Yeah, it's not a sexy trade, but would help a lot. And, being a expirer, Seattle can't ask for much. Worth a try, I guess...
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 pm
TMC wrote:
mista240sx wrote:my bad then i thought it would made sense.... it does player wise but i guess your right on the money side of things we do need to sign beans and monta thanks for your input tmc.

Yeah, K-Mart would be a perfect fit, but his salary is way too high to consider such a trade. He's making 13 million this year and still has 3 more years and 46 million left in his contract... No way he gets traded until he becomes a expirer (unless he's traded to a team that doesn't care about the luxury tax).

mista240sx wrote:so what do we do now tmc? i want a trade scenario from you what would work financially and make sense obviously it doesnt work when i try to put together a trade.

I don't like to propose trades because it's really hard to find one that suits both teams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1765~353~3019~2173~846&teams=25~25~25~25~9&te=&cash=

Add also a second rounder going in Seattle's way and it should be a pretty good deal for both teams, I think. Seattle gets a pick and a bunch of expirers, which should help clearing their cap situation. If they want to, they'll be able to re-sign Pietrus or Barnes in the offseason. If not, they would have gotten a second rounder for Kurt Thomas, who was an expirer they had no plans to re-sign.

As for us, Thomas would help A LOT our inside defense and rebounding, two of the biggest needs of our team.

that makes sense good one tmc.... and if that doesnt happen since we are pulling players back from the grave lets bring back clifford rozier and carlos rogers for a half year rental lol!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:18 pm
mista240sx wrote:
TMC wrote:

that makes sense good one tmc.... and if that doesnt happen since we are pulling players back from the grave lets bring back clifford rozier and carlos rogers for a half year rental lol!!!

This post x3.........???

Easy on that submit button bro................let your internet do its thing before you start clicking again.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:48 pm
sorry guys i will try to be more patient next time.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:58 pm
I cleaned up the duplicate posts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:21 am
badabing8888 wrote:I cleaned up the duplicate posts

thanks broseph
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:49 am
badabing8888 wrote:TMC, I am with you bro. I have stated it for weeks... Kurt Thomas is exactly who we need if we have any chance at making a run. He would most likely be a half year rental.

Not now with Webber. Mullin wouldn't do this and take even more time away from the likes of Harrington, while reducing Webber's minutes even more

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades