justin williams....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:43 am
sleandres wrote:
CjR wrote:
TMC wrote:
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.

Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...

Well, that would have been good. I wish they would just cut Perovic now and make room for Williams (with Dre out).

Why would they cut a guy that they just signed to a 3 year contact over the summer?

Because he sucks? You know, just brainstorming some reasons... :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:13 am
TMC wrote:
sleandres wrote:
CjR wrote:
TMC wrote:
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.

Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...

Well, that would have been good. I wish they would just cut Perovic now and make room for Williams (with Dre out).

Why would they cut a guy that they just signed to a 3 year contact over the summer?

Because he sucks? You know, just brainstorming some reasons... :wink:

Ok...ok, but that would be horrible money managment :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 am
sleandres wrote:Ok...ok, but that would be horrible money managment :mrgreen:

Yeah, true. Just one thing to point: it's not a 3 year deal, actually. The last one is a team option, which makes it a two year deal, in fact.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 pm
TMC wrote: Yeah, true. Just one thing to point: it's not a 3 year deal, actually. The last one is a team option, which makes it a two year deal, in fact.

Right, TMC. He was originally signed to two years, with a team option on the 3rd. But strange because my main source lists him only signed this year now at 1.8 mil (and this site is usually up to date).

sleandres wrote:Ok...ok, but that would be horrible money managment :mrgreen:

It's chump change to make a team better. Productive/proven players with contracts get cut all the time (to make room for better players), so how difficult would it be for someone who is clearly a project?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:06 pm
yeah, but it makes no sense to sign this guy if they didn't think he could get better.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:19 pm
sleandres wrote:yeah, but it makes no sense to sign this guy if they didn't think he could get better.

:dontknow: I'm not fully about Kosta's, but second round contracts are usually not guaranteed, so he can be cut at any time without the team losing any money or his contract counting against the cap.
Previous

Return to Trades