justin williams....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 pm
i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass
he looked good in the games i seen him in heres some footage of him
his part is 1:24 and so on.


what can we do to get this guy he isnt getting that many minutes in sac so
we can use him behind beans.










[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HW53ptLoV1w[/youtube]
Last edited by mista240sx on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm
mista240sx wrote:i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass
he looked good in the games i seen him in heres some footage of him
his part is 1:24 and so on.


what can we do to get this guy he isnt getting that many minutes in sac so
we can use him behind beans.










[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]


can some body help me out posting this vid? what am i doing wrong?
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 pm
mista240sx wrote:
mista240sx wrote:i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass
he looked good in the games i seen him in heres some footage of him
his part is 1:24 and so on.


what can we do to get this guy he isnt getting that many minutes in sac so
we can use him behind beans.










[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]


can some body help me out posting this vid? what am i doing wrong?


When your on youtube, click the "more" button under all the descriptions and stuff, and you will find the URL..........thats what you need bud............youve got the "EMBEDED" bit instead.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:31 pm
thanks bigs
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:20 pm
mista240sx wrote:i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass
he looked good in the games i seen him in heres some footage of him
his part is 1:24 and so on.


what can we do to get this guy he isnt getting that many minutes in sac so
we can use him behind beans.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HW53ptLoV1w[/youtube]


With him being released, I’m absolutely down for getting him now. Yeah, Kings fans are not happy. We need to pick him up. He is a beast, and it’s like getting Chris Taft back. Yeah, trade MP or Obryan’t for a pick (or cut Perovic) whatever, and make room and sign this guy.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:54 pm
This kid would still play behind Harrington, Webber, and Wright.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:06 pm
He plays both PF/C, so I’d put him behind Dre & Webber as our bruiser & athletic Center who can defend and run the break or for certain match-ups. He’s also insurance policy / depth in PF in the event Harrington is traded or when Webber is gone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:29 am
CjR wrote:He plays both PF/C, so I’d put him behind Dre & Webber as our bruiser & athletic Center who can defend and run the break or for certain match-ups. He’s also insurance policy / depth in PF in the event Harrington is traded or when Webber is gone.


I'd also like to add him, don't get me wrong... but I really, really doubt he'd beat any of our guys for playing time.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm
Sure, I understand.

But Nelly should consider him strictly as a situational player at Center for certain matchups requiring physicality, defense, and boards.

He’s 6-10, 260 who can pound it and still move like a cat. We simply don’t have anyone with those attributes who can match up with the leaque’s top bigs.

As little as he plays, his rebounding rate is something like 24.7 per 48 minutes in the NBA. That’s monster numbers. And going back to D-League, look at these numbers. And those offensive boards are insane!

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/j ... stats.html

Everyone knows we’re lacking interior D, rebounding, post presence, etc. We’ve been over this again and again. And if all it takes to get a player like him is just to open a roster spot, it should be done. Even if he doesn’t play at all, zero, I’d rather have a player like him in our back pocket (future) as opposed to Perovic or POB.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 am
Location: Lithuania
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm
On NBDL site they list him at 230 lbs and he surely doesn't look like weighting 260 pounds in the pic :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:57 pm
Mistah240sx


i had know clue that your avatar was a picture of Baron

ha ha lol

that ish is hilarious
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 am
themind wrote:On NBDL site they list him at 230 lbs and he surely doesn't look like weighting 260 pounds in the pic :mrgreen:


Neither does Tim Duncan at just an inch taller, but at 260.

Check this one, instead: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/justin_williams/

He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 am
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.


Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:25 am
TMC wrote:
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.


Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...


Well, that would have been good. I wish they would just cut Perovic now and make room for Williams (with Dre out).
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 am
CjR wrote:
TMC wrote:
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.


Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...


Well, that would have been good. I wish they would just cut Perovic now and make room for Williams (with Dre out).


Why would they cut a guy that they just signed to a 3 year contact over the summer?
Image
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron