justin williams....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 pm
i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass
he looked good in the games i seen him in heres some footage of him
his part is 1:24 and so on.

what can we do to get this guy he isnt getting that many minutes in sac so
we can use him behind beans.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HW53ptLoV1w[/youtube]
Last edited by mista240sx on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm
mista240sx wrote:i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

can some body help me out posting this vid? what am i doing wrong?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 pm
mista240sx wrote:
mista240sx wrote:i think justin williams from sac would fit into our team and system very well he can block shots,rebound and score most important he is an athletic center something that we need around the def and off glass

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW53ptLoV1w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

can some body help me out posting this vid? what am i doing wrong?

When your on youtube, click the "more" button under all the descriptions and stuff, and you will find the URL..........thats what you need bud............youve got the "EMBEDED" bit instead.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:31 pm
thanks bigs
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:20 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HW53ptLoV1w[/youtube]

With him being released, I’m absolutely down for getting him now. Yeah, Kings fans are not happy. We need to pick him up. He is a beast, and it’s like getting Chris Taft back. Yeah, trade MP or Obryan’t for a pick (or cut Perovic) whatever, and make room and sign this guy.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:54 pm
This kid would still play behind Harrington, Webber, and Wright.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:06 pm
He plays both PF/C, so I’d put him behind Dre & Webber as our bruiser & athletic Center who can defend and run the break or for certain match-ups. He’s also insurance policy / depth in PF in the event Harrington is traded or when Webber is gone.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:29 am
CjR wrote:He plays both PF/C, so I’d put him behind Dre & Webber as our bruiser & athletic Center who can defend and run the break or for certain match-ups. He’s also insurance policy / depth in PF in the event Harrington is traded or when Webber is gone.

I'd also like to add him, don't get me wrong... but I really, really doubt he'd beat any of our guys for playing time.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm
Sure, I understand.

But Nelly should consider him strictly as a situational player at Center for certain matchups requiring physicality, defense, and boards.

He’s 6-10, 260 who can pound it and still move like a cat. We simply don’t have anyone with those attributes who can match up with the leaque’s top bigs.

As little as he plays, his rebounding rate is something like 24.7 per 48 minutes in the NBA. That’s monster numbers. And going back to D-League, look at these numbers. And those offensive boards are insane!

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/j ... stats.html

Everyone knows we’re lacking interior D, rebounding, post presence, etc. We’ve been over this again and again. And if all it takes to get a player like him is just to open a roster spot, it should be done. Even if he doesn’t play at all, zero, I’d rather have a player like him in our back pocket (future) as opposed to Perovic or POB.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm
On NBDL site they list him at 230 lbs and he surely doesn't look like weighting 260 pounds in the pic :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:57 pm
Mistah240sx

i had know clue that your avatar was a picture of Baron

ha ha lol

that ish is hilarious
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 am
themind wrote:On NBDL site they list him at 230 lbs and he surely doesn't look like weighting 260 pounds in the pic :mrgreen:

Neither does Tim Duncan at just an inch taller, but at 260.

Check this one, instead: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/justin_williams/

He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 am
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.

Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:25 am
TMC wrote:
CjR wrote:He worked hard and put on 30 lbs. of muscle since his time in the D-League. Anyway, no sense in discussing this. It appears we're not interested--unless we can't swing anything by the deadline and he's still available. Then, just maybe.

Something like trading Pietrus away for a pick and give his roster spot to Williams would be alright with me...

Well, that would have been good. I wish they would just cut Perovic now and make room for Williams (with Dre out).
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 am
CjR wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well, that would have been good. I wish they would just cut Perovic now and make room for Williams (with Dre out).

Why would they cut a guy that they just signed to a 3 year contact over the summer?
Next

Return to Trades