Ryan Gomes

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:54 pm
I really think he would make a good role player for the team! Not starter minutes but enough minutes to spell at the PF!

Can the trade plaers exception be used on a player who is drafted by another team? If the team were to sign him to a contract rt away.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:00 pm
ryan gomes isnt a rookie. we could use the TE to give to minnesota for him tho, and i think he would be a great addition to our team. i just really dont think minnesota would make the deal. i think theyre looking at gomes as one of the building blocks in minnesota now.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:01 pm
I like Gomes a lot, but I'm not sure the Warriors need him. With the signing of Webber, the growth of Wright, and the versatility of Harrington, Barnes, Pietrus, and Jackson, I think we have that covered. I think our best bet would be to get a center.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:52 pm
I know that Gomes isn't a rookie...I was hoping that the W's with a player they like in this year's draft could use it on a player like DeAndre Jordan, Donte Greene or maybe Hibbert or Thabeet. Using it to trade for that players rights when that team signs him...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:38 am
J-Rich wrote:I know that Gomes isn't a rookie...I was hoping that the W's with a player they like in this year's draft could use it on a player like DeAndre Jordan, Donte Greene or maybe Hibbert or Thabeet. Using it to trade for that players rights when that team signs him...

oh. i didnt realize you were talkin about for the off-season. in that case i think i would wait for the offseason to see what happens
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:13 am
EMan32 wrote:ryan gomes isnt a rookie. we could use the TE to give to minnesota for him tho, and i think he would be a great addition to our team. i just really dont think minnesota would make the deal. i think theyre looking at gomes as one of the building blocks in minnesota now.

Yeah. I also like Gomes a lot. Actually, I think he's pretty much the same player Barnes is, with a worse outside shot and a better rebounder. I think he'd be a great addition to our team.

Still, can't see Minny getting rid of him unless it's for a clear improvement. I mean, he doesn't hurt their salary cap, he's their second best player and a good and cheap guy to keep on their rebuilding core...

I think they'd be open to trade him, but, as I said before, would take a clear chance to improve. Pietrus and a first might do the trick, or POB and a first... but are you willing to trade a first round pick for Ryan Gomes?. Because I can't see Minny trading him if that pick it's not involved.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:43 am
Deandre Jordan on the warriors makes me orgasm :)
But he would take too long to develop so it wouldn't work.
I really dont kno much about gomes game, i kno hes a decent offensive player but how is his defense?
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I really dont kno much about gomes game, i kno hes a decent offensive player but how is his defense?

Decent. I mean, he's not great, but tries hard, so it's not like that's a big liability.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:08 am
jimbob631 wrote:Deandre Jordan on the warriors makes me orgasm :)
But he would take too long to develop so it wouldn't work.
I really dont kno much about gomes game, i kno hes a decent offensive player but how is his defense?

Gomes is a great role player that steps up to be close to the main player sometimes. TWolves will be stupid to let him go and don't think they will

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 am
gomes just killed the warriors last time they played.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 pm
Let's steal Gomes he's a Jazz killer tonight! And I don't know who he is guarding but AK and Okur aren't getting it done...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:42 pm
I really like Gomes as well. But I don't think they'd give him away just like that. I'm pretty sure they want him to stay with Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:17 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I really like Gomes as well. But I don't think they'd give him away just like that. I'm pretty sure they want him to stay with Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer.

He's a free agent after the season and, even tho I think Minny will try to re-sign him, he's gonna be a hot player in free agency. I think somebody will make him an offer close to the MLE, and I don't know if the TWolves will be willing to match that.

Return to Trades