artest to keep up with the lakeshow....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:33 pm
I would like this trade, as well. I would love to have major energy players like them out there. They would be fun to watch.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:22 pm
The more need I see to bring in a defensive stopper since you have Duhon and wannabee like Smith going for MVP type numbers!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 pm
The Warriors just arent a defensive team. Not too surprising to see them play well against us. They dont need to go after a stopper. They just need to play more fluidly on defense.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Hey Jackson is suppose to be the stopper where's the defense on Duhon and somebody like Smith who is just as tall and lanky as Jack!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:29 pm
Jackson cant guard three people at once. It was Biedrins and Harrington that was letting Smith score.

It was Baron that was letting Duhon score.

Dont blame it all on Jackson. Everybody is these days, but he doesnt deserve it.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:35 pm
It's the W's they you suck when it comes to playing great team defense! They should have came out inspired and not with a big goose egg! They always seem to let me down...

Even Nellie has said publicly that he doesn't know if his team is a great team or an average team...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:37 pm
BD tends to do too much when he's on nationally! He shot us out of the game tonight...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 am
yeah...why doesn't Jackson just defend all five people on the floor :mrgreen:

For the record, I think Nellie layed the egg tonight!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:26 pm
J-Rich wrote:They always seem to let me down...

well hey, here's an idea J-Rich: why don't you find another team to cheer, that won't let you down as much as the W's? how about the Celtics?

would that also mean you'd post less garbage here?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:31 pm
sleandres wrote:yeah...why doesn't Jackson just defend all five people on the floor :mrgreen:

For the record, I think Nellie layed the egg tonight!

how do you figure it was nellie?

let me succinctly list why I think we lost:

1) BD didn't come out with energy; HORRIBLE shooting night
2) Jax w/ a horrible shooting night; let his emotions get to him tonight, i'd say for the 1st time all season.
3) AB and AL were Joe Smith's and Tyrus' b*tches. Can we defend without fouling?
4) Why does Barnes CONTINUE to be careless with the ball. Thanks god he played limited minutes
5) BD & monta not defending "i average 5 points-a-game" duhon
6) AB fumbling and missing layups...still am confused why people say AB has "good" hands..

i'm sure there's more, but im getting annoyed thinking about the game. point is, it wasn't what nellie did or didn't do.

oh and since this is about artest, man, i'd LOVE to see him on this team...LOOOVE to. if we can't fricken stop joe smith and tyrus thomas...LORD we need some muscle on this team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:35 pm
http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_8216744

Warriors should trade for Artestt!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:05 pm
Mr.Kunlathep_Chucnjit wrote:http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_8216744

basically pietrus and POB along with 1 or 2 first rounders for ron artest. hell motha f*ckin yeah id do it! give em 2 first rounders! who cares?! like the guy said, we have buike, watson, wright, and perovic to develop still...why would we need to go younger? ive always liked artest and have always thought that he'd be great here. i honestly believe we'd be title contenders if we could pull off that trade. we'd have the most versatile team in the league and itd be VERY difficuilt to stop us.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 pm
EMan32 wrote:

basically pietrus and POB along with 1 or 2 first rounders for ron artest. hell motha f*ckin yeah id do it! give em 2 first rounders! who cares?! like the guy said, we have buike, watson, wright, and perovic to develop still...why would we need to go younger? ive always liked artest and have always thought that he'd be great here. i honestly believe we'd be title contenders if we could pull off that trade. we'd have the most versatile team in the league and itd be VERY difficuilt to stop us.

And if he walks at the end of the season? If we could somehow guarantee that this wouldn't happen I agree. Artest is the kind of player that could have gotten an MVP in his prime. Love his game.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm
cladden wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

And if he walks at the end of the season? If we could somehow guarantee that this wouldn't happen I agree. Artest is the kind of player that could have gotten an MVP in his prime. Love his game.

so what if he walks at the end of the season? then we have money for other players. im sure if he came to the warriors and found success he wouldnt opt out. even if he did what do we lose? pietrus and pob..oOoo...better not los them! :roll: if artest does opt out, then he opts out and our young guys have room to grow and we have money for our current players or for FAs
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:25 pm
EMan32 wrote:
cladden wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

so what if he walks at the end of the season? then we have money for other players. im sure if he came to the warriors and found success he wouldnt opt out. even if he did what do we lose? pietrus and pob..oOoo...better not los them! :roll: if artest does opt out, then he opts out and our young guys have room to grow and we have money for our current players or for FAs

I'd pay Pietrus and POB for half a year of Artest but there's no way I am giving two first rounders for it. Not even one.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades