artest to keep up with the lakeshow....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:28 pm
jimbob631 wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3019~3021~2173~25&teams=23~23~23~9&te=849:9-1018&cash=

Thats the only trade I see happening.


No thanks, I dont want Kenny Thomas' contract for another 2 years...especially for our trade exemption!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 am
jimbob631 wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3019~3021~2173~25&teams=23~23~23~9&te=849:9-1018&cash=

Thats the only trade I see happening.


Yeah, there's a chance they'd do that trade. Kenny's contract is pretty bad, so getting rid of him would also benefit the Kings. I can see them going for this trade.

Of course, as I said before, it would require two commitments for it to happen:

1.- Cohan would have to commit to go over the luxury tax. Probably won't happen. Over the cap?. Yeah, sure... but not to the point of paying the luxury tax.

2.- Artest would have to commit to stay with the Warriors after this season. If he opts out, we would have traded only for Kenny Thomas' awful contract.

If those two things happen, it'd be a great trade for us (Kenny is not a bad player, actually. He's just vastly overpaid) and the Kings would benefit for a big salary cap relief. Win-win trade.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 am
Hi, Geoff?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, it's Chris Mullin.

(muffled phone response)

Good to hear from you! How'd that party with the Maloofs go?

(long, muffled phone story)

Yeah, seriously. She just can't hold her booze. But, anyways, Geoff, how about those damn Lakers, huh?

(muffled phone response)

Seriously! I mean, its pretty much them and the Suns versus he rest of our division now and we need to come up with some sort of a way to keep them down!

(muffled phone response)

So, uh, Geoff, with that in mind... with the logic that we should do absolutely anything in our power to keep Los Angeles out of the title picture... um... well... I dunno if you've talked to Higgy lately, but I'm feeling pretty generous, what with Cinco de Mayo only a few months away now, and I think I'd be willing to part with some of my young pieces at a reasonable cheap price...

(muffled phone response)

Huh?

(muffled phone response)

No, Geoff, not Monta.

(muffled phone response)

Or Andris.

(muffled phone response)

No, Geoff, not Brandan, either!

(muffled phone response)

Well... I was actually thinking Patrick O'Bryant?

(muffled phone response)

Well, no, Geoff, hear me out first! I'd also throw in Kosta Perovic, and those two looked pretty damn good against the Bucks the other week, did they not?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, thats what I thought. And, to make it REAL sweet for you, I'll also throw in Austin Crosshere AND Mickael Pietrus!

(muffled phone response)

What?? They're not useless!

(muffled phone response)

Okay, fine, Geoff, they're both useless. But, come on, you're getting two young 7-footers with them for TOTALLY cheap!

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, Geoff, come on. I wouldn't try and ask for anything too valuable when all I'm giving you is trash.

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, all we want is Justin Williams.

(muffled phone response)

And *cough* Artest *cough* *cough*...

(muffled phone response)

I said, and I want Justin Williams and *cough* *cough* *cough* Ron Artest *cough*!






Geoff?







Hello?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:24 am
pretty good 32...you ought to write screen plays :mrgreen:
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:44 am
32 wrote:Hi, Geoff?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, it's Chris Mullin.

(muffled phone response)

Good to hear from you! How'd that party with the Maloofs go?

(long, muffled phone story)

Yeah, seriously. She just can't hold her booze. But, anyways, Geoff, how about those damn Lakers, huh?

(muffled phone response)

Seriously! I mean, its pretty much them and the Suns versus he rest of our division now and we need to come up with some sort of a way to keep them down!

(muffled phone response)

So, uh, Geoff, with that in mind... with the logic that we should do absolutely anything in our power to keep Los Angeles out of the title picture... um... well... I dunno if you've talked to Higgy lately, but I'm feeling pretty generous, what with Cinco de Mayo only a few months away now, and I think I'd be willing to part with some of my young pieces at a reasonable cheap price...

(muffled phone response)

Huh?

(muffled phone response)

No, Geoff, not Monta.

(muffled phone response)

Or Andris.

(muffled phone response)

No, Geoff, not Brandan, either!

(muffled phone response)

Well... I was actually thinking Patrick O'Bryant?

(muffled phone response)

Well, no, Geoff, hear me out first! I'd also throw in Kosta Perovic, and those two looked pretty damn good against the Bucks the other week, did they not?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, thats what I thought. And, to make it REAL sweet for you, I'll also throw in Austin Crosshere AND Mickael Pietrus!

(muffled phone response)

What?? They're not useless!

(muffled phone response)

Okay, fine, Geoff, they're both useless. But, come on, you're getting two young 7-footers with them for TOTALLY cheap!

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, Geoff, come on. I wouldn't try and ask for anything too valuable when all I'm giving you is trash.

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, all we want is Justin Williams.

(muffled phone response)

And *cough* Artest *cough* *cough*...

(muffled phone response)

I said, and I want Justin Williams and *cough* *cough* *cough* Ron Artest *cough*!






Geoff?







Hello?


very funny but this trade can really happen
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:25 pm
Dog... exactly how do you see the conversation between Chris Mullin and Geoff Petrie going down?

"Hello, Geoff, it's Chris. I'm offering you a potluck platter of Golden State crap in exchange for your best all-around player."

Seriously. How do you see us walking out with Artest without giving them anybody out of our ROTATION. Nevermind the starting lineup; nobody you offered is even in THE ROTATION. That's a sorry trade for the Kings.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:08 pm
32 wrote:Dog... exactly how do you see the conversation between Chris Mullin and Geoff Petrie going down?

"Hello, Geoff, it's Chris. I'm offering you a potluck platter of Golden State crap in exchange for your best all-around player."

Seriously. How do you see us walking out with Artest without giving them anybody out of our ROTATION. Nevermind the starting lineup; nobody you offered is even in THE ROTATION. That's a sorry trade for the Kings.


After Gasol's trade, I'll never say never when it comes to dumb deals.

Also, the Kings are losing Artest after the season. And they'd unload Kenny Thomas' contract.

Jimbob631's trade it's not a bad proposal. Actually, we'd be the ones with the rough end of the deal if Artest leaves after the season, considering we'd take over Thomas' two remaining years.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:47 pm
[/i][/quote]

very funny but this trade can really happen[/quote]

I think ur forgetting that they almost got ben gordon for him.
Also Depending on the actual trade playing time would be an issue. Artest isn't gonna want to come off the bench so it would mean he would start at power forward unless monta starts coming off the bench which shouldn't happen.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 pm
mista240sx wrote:very funny but this trade can really happen


Maybe, but like jimbo said...I am sure there are better offers out there, much better!
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:51 pm
32 wrote:Dog... exactly how do you see the conversation between Chris Mullin and Geoff Petrie going down?

"Hello, Geoff, it's Chris. I'm offering you a potluck platter of Golden State crap in exchange for your best all-around player."

Seriously. How do you see us walking out with Artest without giving them anybody out of our ROTATION. Nevermind the starting lineup; nobody you offered is even in THE ROTATION. That's a sorry trade for the Kings.


dogg....just like tmc said for example would you take memphis package they got from the lakers or this package? i know know we aint giving up our players in th rotation but it doesnt mean that they cant end up being in the kings rotation plus they get the warriors 1st rnd pick next year that can actually be a future star in their rotation i still think this trade makes sense for both sides.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:55 pm
Artest wouldn't be a great help to this team the way it plays!!!
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 am
Location: Lithuania
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:30 am
I heard that Denver is offering my hommie Kleiza and Najera in a package. I know it seems like a loopsided trade on a first glance, but this season Kleiza is playing like a starter and he'll only get better ;)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:09 am
Kleiza is a good player. It wouldn't be a bad trade for Sacramento. It's not fair value, but who's gonna give them more than that with Artest opting out?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21200
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:11 am
themind wrote:I heard that Denver is offering my hommie Kleiza and Najera in a package. I know it seems like a loopsided trade on a first glance, but this season Kleiza is playing like a starter and he'll only get better ;)



Kleiza is pretty good but not sure how he'd fit here. I'd give Pietrus and O'bryant for those two though
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 am
Location: Lithuania
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:59 am
migya wrote:
themind wrote:I heard that Denver is offering my hommie Kleiza and Najera in a package. I know it seems like a loopsided trade on a first glance, but this season Kleiza is playing like a starter and he'll only get better ;)



Kleiza is pretty good but not sure how he'd fit here. I'd give Pietrus and O'bryant for those two though


I had in mind Denver trading with Sac, but you just gave me a good idea. Kleiza is made for run'n'gun and I think he would be great here. Just not sure we need another SF :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron