heres a trade for you bigstrads....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:47 pm
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

this will fill the warriors hole then ready to compete in the playoffs
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:55 pm
Em... after the Gasol trade, I'm not gonna say anything bad about any trade proposal you post, buddy. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 pm
That is more realistic, I guess. I dont think we would go for that now, as a couple of years ago, we could have gotten Muhammed for Pietrus straight up. Interesting thought, though.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:49 pm
Ahh dbw145, on a mission to prove me wrong about you and make my comments about your trades seem un-justified..........I also feel honoured to have a trade made just for me! :mrgreen:

AND.....................youve done it! that is the most realistic trade youve ever posted............and thats saying something! :mrgreen:

Although, wouldnt happen as they just got him and hes producing.............but still, nice one. :D
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:02 pm
I wouldn't do that, POB is young and can be just as good as Mohammed once he tones down his fouls, and Mohammed's contract is big and long ( :mrgreen: I'm so mature).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:19 pm
JayPat wrote:I wouldn't do that, POB is young and can be just as good as Mohammed once he tones down his fouls, and Mohammed's contract is big and long ( :mrgreen: I'm so mature).

I feel you Jay...............opps. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:03 am
Hello, Higgy?

(muffled greeting)

... Yeah, It's Mully! How you been, bro?

(muffled phone response)

... Ah, I feel you. Well, don't trip man, next year you'll get Adam Morrison and Sean May back and things will be on the up and up. At least JRich is hitting more 3-pointers than ever, right?

(muffled phone response)

Huh?

(muffled phone clarification)

Oh, the rook'! Yeah, we're trying not to give him a ton of minutes. Nellie doesn't really like playing young bigs that need seasoning, so we'll probably save him for Keith Smart. Nobody will really remember the trade, when he makes it big, so don't worry. You'll still have a job.

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, I know, he threw it all over you guys! That was pretty bad ass, son. But Webber's on the way, so that will all come to an end soon.

(muffled phone response)

But, yeah, I been meaning to talk to you about something! Listen, I know Nazr Mohammad has been a productive player for you and all. I mean, 10 points, 7 boards, 1 block a night off the bench. That's pretty ideal and you have, virtually, no real reason to trade him, especially with Sean May's injury all of this year and your thinness up front, as is. You also just traded a legit 7-footer and a Fabio-wannabe for him, so its obvious you wanted him, but listen...

(muffled phone response)

... nah, just hear me out.

(muffled phone response)

What would you say... if I told you that you could get Patrick O'Bryant, Austin Crosshere, AND... wait for it, Rod... wait for it... Mickael Pietrus!!! ... All in exchange... For said productive player??

Is that not an awesome deal for you, Rod???

Rod?

Higgy?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:59 pm
32 wrote:Hello, Higgy?

(muffled greeting)

(muffled phone response)

... Ah, I feel you. Well, don't trip man, next year you'll get Adam Morrison and Sean May back and things will be on the up and up. At least JRich is hitting more 3-pointers than ever, right?

(muffled phone response)

Huh?

Oh, the rook'! Yeah, we're trying not to give him a ton of minutes. Nellie doesn't really like playing young bigs that need seasoning, so we'll probably save him for Keith Smart. Nobody will really remember the trade, when he makes it big, so don't worry. You'll still have a job.

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, I know, he threw it all over you guys! That was pretty bad ass, son. But Webber's on the way, so that will all come to an end soon.

(muffled phone response)

But, yeah, I been meaning to talk to you about something! Listen, I know Nazr Mohammad has been a productive player for you and all. I mean, 10 points, 7 boards, 1 block a night off the bench. That's pretty ideal and you have, virtually, no real reason to trade him, especially with Sean May's injury all of this year and your thinness up front, as is. You also just traded a legit 7-footer and a Fabio-wannabe for him, so its obvious you wanted him, but listen...

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

What would you say... if I told you that you could get Patrick O'Bryant, Austin Crosshere, AND... wait for it, Rod... wait for it... Mickael Pietrus!!! ... All in exchange... For said productive player??

Rod?

Higgy?

i was kidding bro that was a trade for bigstrads to make him and the rest of the board laugh=) i like the way you find time to write these long funny phone conversations you must have alot of time on your hands.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:07 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ahh dbw145, on a mission to prove me wrong about you and make my comments about your trades seem un-justified..........I also feel honoured to have a trade made just for me! :mrgreen:

AND.....................youve done it! that is the most realistic trade youve ever posted............and thats saying something! :mrgreen:

That's the thing. It's not really saying much at all.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 pm
mista240sx wrote:

(muffled greeting)

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

Huh?

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

Rod?

Higgy?

i was kidding bro that was a trade for bigstrads to make him and the rest of the board laugh=) i like the way you find time to write these long funny phone conversations you must have alot of time on your hands.

I figured we get a new BS trade idea every day here. Might as well try and understand how, exactly, they'd happen. I mean, seriously, some of these ideas are absolutely unbelievable. The Grizzlies drop Gasol in a salary dump and suddenly EVERYBODY has ammo for their lame trade ideas, because "after the Gasol trade, WHO KNOWS what's possible." Gimmie a break.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:13 am
32 wrote:
mista240sx wrote:

(muffled greeting)

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

Huh?

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

(muffled phone response)

Rod?

Higgy?

I figured we get a new BS trade idea every day here. Might as well try and understand how, exactly, they'd happen. I mean, seriously, some of these ideas are absolutely unbelievable. The Grizzlies drop Gasol in a salary dump and suddenly EVERYBODY has ammo for their lame trade ideas, because "after the Gasol trade, WHO KNOWS what's possible." Gimmie a break.

lighten up man diddnt we get a steal last year gettin jack and al? diddnt we get a steal getting baron? it can happen man so just chill like chicken on a grill.

haha i know that was lame =) but yeah those trades can happen just open your mind.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 am
Yeah, but dude, there's gotta be a reason for the other team to make the trade. Pietrus has basically no value, POB isn't looking promising, and as 32 said, the Bobcats are thin up front. For the Indiana trade, they really wanted to get rid of Jackson and were willing to take our garbage for "their garbage." And the Baron trade, there were major problems in NO so they had to get rid of him. Getting productive players means we're gonna have to give up something in return. You know, the other team has to agree to the deal, right?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 am
JayPat wrote:Yeah, but dude, there's gotta be a reason for the other team to make the trade. Pietrus has basically no value, POB isn't looking promising

Both are expirers. There's their value.

Of course, it would be better with bigger contracts, but they have SOME value...

Return to Trades