pau gasol lakers

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

does this trade make the lakers better than us again?

yes
15
100%
no
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 15

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:55 pm
dbw415 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Hey, dbw415, why dont your quotes work? It seems like the format is right.... :|



?

:|


Try unchecking "Disable BBCode in this post" if it is already checked. That might work.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:59 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
dbw415 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Hey, dbw415, why dont your quotes work? It seems like the format is right.... :|



?

:|


Try unchecking "Disable BBCode in this post" if it is already checked. That might work.




Good Lookn Out
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Grizz are stupid, end of story. They could have got Grdon or Deng and a couple others for gasol and instead just get a big expirer. They better sign one or two major free agents in the offseason
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:50 am
migya wrote:Grizz are stupid, end of story. They could have got Grdon or Deng and a couple others for gasol and instead just get a big expirer. They better sign one or two major free agents in the offseason


And who's gonna want to sign there?. They'll have to overpay like the Magic did with Rashard Lewis... and Orlando had Dwight Howard to lure free agents there.

Chris Wallace has destroyed the Grizzlies for the next 5 years with one single trade, while at the same time allowing the Lakers to become a contender for the same amount of time. Absolutely amazing.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:06 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Grizz are stupid, end of story. They could have got Grdon or Deng and a couple others for gasol and instead just get a big expirer. They better sign one or two major free agents in the offseason


And who's gonna want to sign there?. They'll have to overpay like the Magic did with Rashard Lewis... and Orlando had Dwight Howard to lure free agents there.

Chris Wallace has destroyed the Grizzlies for the next 5 years with one single trade, while at the same time allowing the Lakers to become a contender for the same amount of time. Absolutely amazing.



Any player wanting the money will go there.

The Grizz will be alright, other teams have come back from bad trades. They have to get a top 4 pick in the draft and pick a great big or pick a guard and trade for a big. They need to sign two great free agents and they are set
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:55 am
migya wrote:Any player wanting the money will go there.


Yep, but they'll have to sign them to overpriced contracts. And when I say overpriced, I mean around double the market value of that player.

And, still, they won't be much improved by next season. If they draft Beasley or Mayo and they live up to their hype, they'll have something to build around, and adding free agents will be easier.

But, right now, the Grizzlies are the worst team of the NBA, and it's not easy to crawl out of that spot. As I said before, I think they'll need five years to, at least, be a respectable team again.



An interesting rumor is that the trade was forced by Michael Heisley, who's looking to sell the team and considered it was easier to do so with Pau's contract out of the books. It's still one of the worst trades in the history of the league, but helps understand the logic behind it.

Role Player
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Pinole
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:03 pm
This is such bull. Whoever is calling the shots or whatever in Memphis should be hung. I bet you the Grizz fans are out of their minds right now. I feel bad for them most of all. There definitely needs to be a balancing of the powers after this season. This crap is just outright wrong.

The Lakers get a star in Gasol and only give up Crittenton, Brown, and 2 1st round picks? If Kidd goes to the Mavs, people are gonna raise all hell.
DUBBBIN’ !
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:12 pm
Lol..............I just had a look at a Memphis Forum and they seem pretty pissed but also getting over it...........as you have to do really.

Ive picked a quote which I thought was quite funny/weird.............does this ring any bells =

"WOW....I thought hell would freeze over before Gasol got traded this season!!!!"
Previous

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest