pau gasol lakers

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

does this trade make the lakers better than us again?

100%
yes
15
No votes
no

Total votes: 15

User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:35 pm
The grizz is done for this year and the lakers are better than us now i knew we shoulda trade for gasol we could have gotten him i mean look
what the lakers given up for him strait garbage. now the lakers are a championship contender again with bynum comming back, man i am so pissed right now.

i posted this trade on here this does concern the warriors now in a playoff spot and if the warriors do make a trade before the deadline it better be a good one to keep up with the lake show heres the trade info link below.


http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... ed-lakers/
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 pm
Why two threads?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:47 pm
JayPat wrote:Why two threads?


I've fixed that.

But yeah, they're not only better than us. They're better than most teams in the NBA, and a title contender once again.


Man, I'm f*cking pissed at that moron that calls the shots in Memphis. I want his head in a plate... :banghead:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:56 pm
The West just got TOUGHER.

A basement team, like the Grizzlies, have mortgaged their team in exchange for salary relief. And, on top of it all, they've made a marginally good team (that was probably gonna be a 5-7 seed) a title contender. So now we have the Spurs, Suns, Nuggets, Lakers, AND Mavericks all gunning for a title in the West. And those lucky fucks in Boston only have to go through one of them...
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 428
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:56 pm
now the question is what does mully have up his sleeve now to pull off another lucky trade to make us contenders?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:57 pm
32 wrote:So now we have the Spurs, Suns, Nuggets, Lakers, AND Mavericks all gunning for a title in the West. And those lucky fucks in Boston only have to go through one of them...


I only count the Lakers, Spurs and Suns as true contenders. Other than that, agreed.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:06 pm
Well, the Nuggets whole reason for making the Iverson trade was because they wanted to win a title now. As far as Dallas, I personally agree, but most would consider them title contenders...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:31 pm
32 wrote:The West just got TOUGHER.

A basement team, like the Grizzlies, have mortgaged their team in exchange for salary relief. And, on top of it all, they've made a marginally good team (that was probably gonna be a 5-7 seed) a title contender. So now we have the Spurs, Suns, Nuggets, Lakers, AND Mavericks all gunning for a title in the West. And those lucky fucks in Boston only have to go through one of them...


This is exactly what I've been thinking. Like the West really needed to get any better. There seem to be a ton of GMs that should just be taken into a courtyard and shot! I absolutley cannot believ the Lakers pulled this off. They get Pau Gasol, and got to dump Kwame! What a bullsh*t couple of days!

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:32 pm
32 wrote:Well, the Nuggets whole reason for making the Iverson trade was because they wanted to win a title now. As far as Dallas, I personally agree, but most would consider them title contenders...


This Gasol deal would only make Dallas more intrigue to make the trade for Kidd just for the hell of it... Or not..
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 230
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm
Holy f'n crap!

That's a pretty major move. I was wondering if Gasol was ever going to get out of that town after the two years of making noise. But, damn, I actually liked the guy. A Laker? that's total crap, especially with what they gave up. If they thought they might blow up the team like this, why did the Grizz fight to overpay Darko?
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:20 pm
~W~ wrote:
32 wrote:Well, the Nuggets whole reason for making the Iverson trade was because they wanted to win a title now. As far as Dallas, I personally agree, but most would consider them title contenders...


This Gasol deal would only make Dallas more intrigue to make the trade for Kidd just for the hell of it... Or not..

Oh, don't even say that.

The last thing the Western Conference needs is Jason Kidd. Especially with the recent trend of trading superstars for nobody's (Garnett, Gasol, Iverson, Shaq, McGrady, Randolph). Ugh...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm
Warriors Get Webber

Lakers Get Gasol
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:45 pm
[quote="sleandres"][quote="32"]The West just got TOUGHER.

A basement team, like the Grizzlies, have mortgaged their team in exchange for salary relief. And, on top of it all, they've made a marginally good team (that was probably gonna be a 5-7 seed) a title contender. So now we have the Spurs, Suns, Nuggets, Lakers, AND Mavericks all gunning for a title in the West. And those lucky fucks in Boston only have to go through one of them...[/quote]

This is exactly what I've been thinking. Like the West really needed to get any better. There seem to be a ton of GMs that should just be taken into a courtyard and shot! I absolutley cannot believ the Lakers pulled this off. They get Pau Gasol, and got to dump Kwame! What a bullsh*t couple of days![/quote]



The Cold War...


Teams in The Western Conference are in the middle of An Arms Race!


What Will Mullin Do?????
Last edited by KC on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:47 pm
Hey, dbw415, why dont your quotes work? It seems like the format is right.... :|
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:49 pm
[quote="sfsfsfgiants"]Hey, dbw415, why dont your quotes work? It seems like the format is right.... :|[/quote]


?

:|

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests