haslem....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:24 am
reasonable trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:42 am
Reasonable... for us. Not for Miami.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 am
The guy is nearly averaging a double-double. They wont trade him for three bench-warming pieces of trash that we have.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:05 pm
Riley wants to get under the cap by 2010 so its not too farfetched but we would probably have to throw in a draft pick or two along with the expirings. If I were miami tho I would keep him.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:11 pm
If Shaq retires at the end of this season, I expect him to, I can see the Heat trading Wade, as he will likely kick up quite a stink, as the team would have gone from championship to worst in the nba

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:45 am
migya wrote:If Shaq retires at the end of this season, I expect him to, I can see the Heat trading Wade, as he will likely kick up quite a stink, as the team would have gone from championship to worst in the nba

No way. They'll keep him to build a new team around him. You just don't trade a star like him unless he asks to be traded.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:58 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:If Shaq retires at the end of this season, I expect him to, I can see the Heat trading Wade, as he will likely kick up quite a stink, as the team would have gone from championship to worst in the nba

No way. They'll keep him to build a new team around him. You just don't trade a star like him unless he asks to be traded.

And he might just do that. Wade would want to go to a contender and best bet for Riley would be to get rid of RDavis now, as he has been awful after a good start, and try to get a nice young player or future 1st rounder for him and then, if Wade wants out ofcourse, look to move him west to a team like the Blazers, who would want him for sure. Riley could smuggle Roy, Outlaw and a future 1st rounder for Wade, not a bad receival and about as good as he would get

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:42 am
migya wrote:And he might just do that. Wade would want to go to a contender and best bet for Riley would be to get rid of RDavis now, as he has been awful after a good start, and try to get a nice young player or future 1st rounder for him and then, if Wade wants out ofcourse, look to move him west to a team like the Blazers, who would want him for sure. Riley could smuggle Roy, Outlaw and a future 1st rounder for Wade, not a bad receival and about as good as he would get

I really doubt the Blazers would trade Brandon Roy for Wade right now....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:And he might just do that. Wade would want to go to a contender and best bet for Riley would be to get rid of RDavis now, as he has been awful after a good start, and try to get a nice young player or future 1st rounder for him and then, if Wade wants out ofcourse, look to move him west to a team like the Blazers, who would want him for sure. Riley could smuggle Roy, Outlaw and a future 1st rounder for Wade, not a bad receival and about as good as he would get

I really doubt the Blazers would trade Brandon Roy for Wade right now....

They would do it in a heart beat

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:24 pm
Wade isn't going anywhere. Pat Riley will get under the cap and sign some good free agents by 2009 or 2010. Imagine Bosh signing with the heat.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:23 am
Hey, Pat, how you doing?

(muffled phone response)

It's Chris Mullin.

(muffled phone response)

Good to hear from you, too, pal! Sorry to hear Shaq is missing his first all-star game in 14 years.

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, had to happen sometimes. Look, I don't like to beat around the bush but... my God, Pat, is that your wife?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, I got your file pulled up on my computer and, may I say, that she is one very sweet looking lady, Pat. Nice kids, too. Heck, Pat, even the dog in this picture looks happy!

(muffled phone response)

And that smile. You know, Pat, overall, I just think I like you, as a person. I dunno what it is, coach, but you, sir, are a charismatic, honest, amazing, overall wonderful person. Has anyone ever told you that?

(muffled phone response)

And, Pat, can I tell you a secret?

(muffled phone response)

Well... gosh, this is hard to say... Even though Donnie Walsh mentored me in the ways of the NBA GM, it was you, Pat Riley, that I looked up to the most. You, sir, are my absolute idol.

(muffled phone response)

So, listen, Pat... I was thinking, y'know, since it was rumored that you wanted Mickael Pietrus, that the least I could do for my idol, would be to give you what you wanted. Pietrus is yours if you say the word, Mr. Riley.

(muffled phone response)

That's what I thought! I'll send the papers right away; you're gonna love this deal, Pat. I'm also throwing in Patrick O'Bryant and Austin Crosshere as a token of my goodwill!

(muffled phone response)

Well, nobody TOO important, Pat. I mean, in fact, I'd probably say he's the weakest link outta your whole starting lineup.

(muffled phone response)

Did I say starter?

(muffled phone response)

Oh, well, don't worry about that. Just because you're not getting any of my starters doesn't mean its not a fair trade, y'know?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah. All I want is Haslem.

(click)

Pat?

Pat?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm
:mrgreen: That made me smile. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:14 pm
Haha, I bet you could do a conversation like that for every single one of these trade ideas.

EDIT: LOL i looked in the other thread and you are!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:04 pm
32 wrote:Hey, Pat, how you doing?

(muffled phone response)

It's Chris Mullin.

(muffled phone response)

Good to hear from you, too, pal! Sorry to hear Shaq is missing his first all-star game in 14 years.

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, had to happen sometimes. Look, I don't like to beat around the bush but... my God, Pat, is that your wife?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah, I got your file pulled up on my computer and, may I say, that she is one very sweet looking lady, Pat. Nice kids, too. Heck, Pat, even the dog in this picture looks happy!

(muffled phone response)

And that smile. You know, Pat, overall, I just think I like you, as a person. I dunno what it is, coach, but you, sir, are a charismatic, honest, amazing, overall wonderful person. Has anyone ever told you that?

(muffled phone response)

And, Pat, can I tell you a secret?

(muffled phone response)

Well... gosh, this is hard to say... Even though Donnie Walsh mentored me in the ways of the NBA GM, it was you, Pat Riley, that I looked up to the most. You, sir, are my absolute idol.

(muffled phone response)

So, listen, Pat... I was thinking, y'know, since it was rumored that you wanted Mickael Pietrus, that the least I could do for my idol, would be to give you what you wanted. Pietrus is yours if you say the word, Mr. Riley.

(muffled phone response)

That's what I thought! I'll send the papers right away; you're gonna love this deal, Pat. I'm also throwing in Patrick O'Bryant and Austin Crosshere as a token of my goodwill!

(muffled phone response)

Well, nobody TOO important, Pat. I mean, in fact, I'd probably say he's the weakest link outta your whole starting lineup.

(muffled phone response)

Did I say starter?

(muffled phone response)

Oh, well, don't worry about that. Just because you're not getting any of my starters doesn't mean its not a fair trade, y'know?

(muffled phone response)

Yeah. All I want is Haslem.

(click)

Pat?

Pat?

:-)

Noone puts the same effort into dismantling trade ideas as you do. I have to applaud you for that

Return to Trades