STROMILE SWIFT

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 pm
Memphis's Stromile Swift

for

Pietrus, Obryant and future Picks

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:42 pm
I like it, it is reasonable, and we are giving talent for talent. I'm not sure how high Memphis is on Swift, or even if they would be willing to give up a player like him, but they might. One reason they might is because both Pietrus and O'Bryant are expirers this year.

Good trade, man. Nice to see a reasonable trade, for once. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:19 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I like it, it is reasonable, and we are giving talent for talent. I'm not sure how high Memphis is on Swift, or even if they would be willing to give up a player like him, but they might. One reason they might is because both Pietrus and O'Bryant are expirers this year.

Good trade, man. Nice to see a reasonable trade, for once. :wink:

Yahoo Sports actually posted a rumor that he was available again. Not sure if we would need to give up a pick though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/teams/Memphis+Grizzlies/nba.t.29
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:22 pm
I will post that on here:

The on-again, off-again flirtation with potential trades involving Memphis Grizzlies forward Stromile Swift were on again Wednesday as the team was considering at least two proposals, although no deal appeared imminent.

It is not known which teams are interested in Swift, but past interest indicates the New Jersey Nets might emerge as one suitor. Earlier this season, the Griz are said to have turned down a deal that would have sent Swift to the Nets for Jamaal Magloire, who is in the final year of a deal that pays $4 million.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm
i say that if we are gonna get a big man, stromile swift would own in a system like ours. he's like a lightweight amare; could beast the boards, he'd be a post presence, and is extremely athletic. everytime we play the grizzlies he does well. when the grizzlies play the suns, he does well. its obvious he would shine in a fast paced system. id say go for him, and we can have the fast paced twin towers.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:47 pm
certainly a more reasonable trade... well without the draft picks. no way do I add that to the trade.

The positives are that he is a good shot blocker, can run the floor and is a decent rebounder.

However everyone here including me talks about how stupid MP plays the game. NO basketball IQ. The same exact thing can be said about Swift. He is just as bad. He is also a HIGH turnover player and everyone knows he does not "bring it" every night. Maybe being around guys with heart like Baron and Jax would bring something out of him.

He certainly could help us in some areas but just keep in mind the inconsistent effort, low basketball IQ and high turnover rate when wishing to bring this guy in.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:57 pm
He definatly could be an inside presence. I would hope he wouldn't be handling the ball all to much. His defense, athleticism and blocking skills would definatly be an asset. Outside of Biedrins, we don't have a shot blocker (and even he's not great at it!)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 pm
sleandres wrote:He definatly could be an inside presence. I would hope he wouldn't be handling the ball all to much. His defense, athleticism and blocking skills would definatly be an asset. Outside of Biedrins, we don't have a shot blocker (and even he's not great at it!)

Yes, but dont confuse him with a TOUGH guy. He may block shots, but it is often on help defense. Unfortunately he is pretty soft. Despite the blocks, I would not label him as a great defender.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:05 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
sleandres wrote:He definatly could be an inside presence. I would hope he wouldn't be handling the ball all to much. His defense, athleticism and blocking skills would definatly be an asset. Outside of Biedrins, we don't have a shot blocker (and even he's not great at it!)

Yes, but dont confuse him with a TOUGH guy. He may block shots, but it is often on help defense. Unfortunately he is pretty soft. Despite the blocks, I would not label him as a great defender.

Really? I don't know a ton about him, I would have thought him to be agressive...I will trust that you know more about him than me. That's really too bad that he is a softie, because he seemed like an athletic freak in college. Oh well, I still want to move Pietrus!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:12 pm
sleandres wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:

Really? I don't know a ton about him, I would have thought him to be agressive...I will trust that you know more about him than me. That's really too bad that he is a softie, because he seemed like an athletic freak in college. Oh well, I still want to move Pietrus!

Well, that is my feelings on him. He has decent strength but uses his length more than strength. I think for me it is also the attitude. Guys like Baron and Jax are TOUGH to me because of their heart and intenstinal fortidude. Swift is lacking in both. GREAT athlete and he can look downright great at times. He has the potential to be so much more.

I admit the thought of getting MP off this team almost has me drooling over this trade despite Swift's shortcomings.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:35 am
Swift never learned to play bball. The trade is feasible (minus the picks, please), but if people expects anything other than a few highlights by Swift, they're gonna be sorely disappointed.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:36 am
dbw415 wrote:Memphis's Stromile Swift

for

Pietrus, Obryant and future Picks

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features ... s%2frumors

Oh well.... theres always charlie "the manilla" villanueva
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 am
just to clarify...

I said future picks... that could mean a 2nd round pick in 2012 etc...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 am
The Nets are set to acquire athletic 6-foot-10 forward Stromile Swift from the Memphis Grizzlies for Jason Collins, league sources said.
The deal was being worked on Thursday night and could be finalized today or sometime over the weekend. -- The Record

Jason Collins? That gives me a little more perspective on his value. Bada and TMC, seems you two were pretty much dead on about this guy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:15 pm
Pipe dream.

Stromile Swift is a freakishly strong, freakishly fast, freakishly high-jumping big man without a hint of actual skill. Even though he's not finely tuned, he's got the perfect body for basketball. He cannot be had for simply Pietrus, O'Bryant, and fillers.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Trades