Dallas, Golden State, New Jersey ?trade?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:33 pm
New Jersey Nets point guard Jason Kidd recently told friends that the Dallas Mavericks are his No. 1 choice for relocation. However, the Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets reportedly have some interest, while the Golden State Warriors have the kind of pieces that might compel the Nets to send Kidd back to his Bay Area roots. Yahoo.com

Heres a Possible Trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Copy Link
Last edited by KC on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:02 pm
new jersey doesn't want a single contract over 2 years.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 pm
A few things wrong here...jimbo is right, they won't want so many long contracts. And I'm pretty sure they'll be looking for a core of young players.

Devin Harris cannot be traded, as he is hurt...plus Kidd would only be a temporary situation. I doubt they would have signed him to 6 years if they weren't down with him.

From the Warriors end it seems like a pretty good trade, but I am not sure that Antione Wright is on the list of players to be traded.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:38 pm
1. we are absolutely pointless in this trade. theres no reason we would be involved.

2. what do we need devin harris for? he's the same thing as monta, only monta has more ways of scoring.

3. what those guys said earlier
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:41 pm
New Jersey is getting raped in this trade... I don't see a reason we should do it either.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 am
JayPat wrote:New Jersey is getting raped in this trade... I don't see a reason we should do it either.

And what's even more important, WE are getting raped in that trade.

Antoine Wright is a good backup, but he's a free agent at the end of the year, we already have a better player for that position (Monta) and even our backup (Azubuike) is better than Wright.

Devin Harris... would be just Baron's backup. That's a really long contract (6 years, making only 4 million right now, but increasing next year to almost 8 million... and that amount increases year after year) for a guy that's not gonna play much, as both out starters are more deserving of time than him.

And, finally, we'd be losing Al Harrington. Considering we're not a deep team inside, that's also a problem.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:02 am
speaking of new jersey, i've read a few times in various media outlets that golden state along with dallas, cleveland, SA, etc... are in the running for JKidd.

very strange...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:25 am
aletha33 wrote:speaking of new jersey, i've read a few times in various media outlets that golden state along with dallas, cleveland, SA, etc... are in the running for JKidd.

very strange...

Yeah, I've also read it, but I doubt it holds any weight. I'm sure it's because we have the assets to offer a good package for him, so the media, or, maybe better, a few journalists that are known for making up rumors (Sam Smith, for example) just threw our name out there. After that, the story becomes a snowball...

If I've learned something during the last few years is that the Warriors are never in any of the rumors in which the media includes them. All of our trades come out of nowhere.

Return to Trades