Pietrus for Powe and change.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm
In the past week this guy is finally getting the praise he deserves. When the Celtics need boards they go to Powe, not Perkins or Garnett or Big Baby. This guy is an absolute beast and he's from Oakland for christs sake. Whats not to like? Ship Pietrus to the C's for Powe and change.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:45 pm
Quiz wrote:In the past week this guy is finally getting the praise he deserves. When the Celtics need boards they go to Powe, not Perkins or Garnett or Big Baby. This guy is an absolute beast and he's from Oakland for christs sake. Whats not to like? Ship Pietrus to the C's for Powe and change.

which begs the question: why would boston trade good for bad?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:55 pm
Not sure why Boston would make this trade...even if they wanted to trade Powe, I'm pretty sure they could get someone better than Pietrus

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:57 pm
I was suggesting this trade in the summer and everyone laughed at me and said Powe was a talentless tweener. I hope all you suckers feel stupid now. If he's good enough for KG he sure as hell is good enough for me. Your right though. He's proven his worth to their team. Considering how well he rebounds, and the role he has recently found in Boston, to them he probably has more value than Pietrus.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:00 pm
I actually don't remeber it that way. A lot of people wanted to bring Powe in because he's a local guy and would have been another big. Also, its nosecret that a good 95% of this board is and has been fed up with Pietrus
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:17 pm
sleandres wrote:I actually don't remeber it that way. A lot of people wanted to bring Powe in because he's a local guy and would have been another big. Also, its nosecret that a good 95% of this board is and has been fed up with Pietrus

Exactly. People would LOVE to do that trade. The problem is that Boston needs an inside guy a lot more than they need Pietrus. They already have Ray Allen, Pierce, Tony Allen and even James Posey. There's no room for Pietrus in Boston.

Maybe they'd be willing to deal him for POB, tho. And that's another trade I'd do.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:41 pm
I doubt Boston would do this trade

Go Bears

Return to Trades