Would You Do This Trade?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:23 pm
The Warriors are a good scoring team with multiple players able to contribute 20+ points a game. This team's biggest need is a rebounding front court player. Newly acquired Webber may be that person for now, but the Warriors need to look into the future and get a nice young player that can grow with this current team. So here's an idea:

I know how high everyone is on Monta Ellis and I am too. It was nice to hear announcers compare him to the likes of Dwayne Wade. He's a great player, but if you look at this team as a whole, he's a scorer on a team that has enough offensive options with just Davis, Jackson, and Harrington. The ideal player out there would be athletic, long, a good rebounder, and shot blocker. Someone who can run up and down the floor in Nellie's style of play with no problems and there is a guy out there that I feel would be a perfect fit.

This summer, Atlanta will be faced with some decisions on how to go about re-signing Josh Smith and Josh Childress. Both are unrestricted free agents and I can bet that Josh Smith will get some pretty hefty offers that are close to max dollars. Childress will probably get the MLE. The Hawks have much more invested in Marvin Williams, who was the #2 overall pick. All 3 players are small forwards. Horford is better suited as a 4 but is battling the league's centers right now. With all these positives with the Hawks roster, they're still a 18-22 team and have been bottom dwellers for the past few years so they may think about making a change.

Acie Law was suppose to be their answer at the point guard spot and even in decent minutes, he has struggled thus far. He's, afterall, a rookie and will get better, but the Hawks don't have that luxury of waiting. So here is a trade that would help both teams.

Golden State sends Monta Ellis and Patrick O'Bryant to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Acie Law. O'Bryant and Law are both lottery picks (#11 and 9) so those picks would be good even swaps. Ellis and Smith are both rising stars in the league and both have great value. Ellis offers the Hawks a point guard that could play alongside Joe Johnson and gives them a consistent 18 points a game guy. With Smith gone, M. Williams could be a 20+ scorer in the league (currently 16 per game). The Warriors get a front court player thats fits right into their game. He's a great shot blocker and rebounder for a small forward which helps the Warriors more than Ellis would since they both average around 18 a game. With Smith, you get more rebounds and defense. Its a trade of needs that definitely would make both teams better.

Atlanta's Line up:

PG Ellis - A. Johnson - Lue
SG J. Johnson - West
SF Williams - Childress
PF Horford - S. Williams
C O'Bryant - Pachulia

GS Line up:

PG Davis - Watson - Law
SG Jackson - Azuibuike - Belinelli
SF Smith - Barnes - Pietrus
PF Harrington - Wright - Crosher
C Biedrins - Webber
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:37 pm
Why would try trade two very good young players for Monta and trash? I know money is an issue, but, dang, no way this is even a possibility. I dont think the offer we sent would even get us Josh Smith alone.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 pm
Ohh god.............here we go again............doesnt the fact that pretty much the most unlikely and un-thinkable signing has just happend quell your and others need for ridiculous/un-realistic situations.

Can we also keep these to the trades forum............so I can ignore them easier by never going in there.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:16 pm
I'd love Josh Smith but no way they do this trade. Atlanta is extremely high on Acie Law. They're not going to give him away for POB who has done essentially nothing thus far. They already have enough big men anyway. This is a rape trade.

Moving to Trades Section.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:37 am
Oh... come on. Atlanta DOESN'T need a player like Monta. They already have Joe Johnson. Smith is a lot more valuable for them than Monta.

If they were willing to trade Smith, there's only one guy they'd covet. Biedrins. And that's not a trade we should go for.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:14 am
GSWGuru wrote:Golden State sends Monta Ellis and Patrick O'Bryant to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Acie Law. O'Bryant and Law are both lottery picks (#11 and 9) so those picks would be good even swaps.

:scratch: :dontknow:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:21 pm
JayPat wrote:
GSWGuru wrote:Golden State sends Monta Ellis and Patrick O'Bryant to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Acie Law. O'Bryant and Law are both lottery picks (#11 and 9) so those picks would be good even swaps.

:scratch: :dontknow:

Yeah, if that was how things worked Indiana should just trade Ike Diogu for Andrew Bynum.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:39 pm
no

Im becoming a Huge Monta Ellis Fan

If he keeps playing the way he has been playing and keeps on improving, Ill make a bold perdiction and say that Monta will be an All-Star by 2010

Monta is the future of the warriors

Return to Trades