Should the Warriors Trade for Charlie Villanueva?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:46 pm
The Warriors just signed Chris Webber...

if the Warriors do get Charlie Hustle, The W's would be one of the Deepeset teams in the League.

Baron
Monta
Jackson
Harrington
Andris
Barnes
Kelenna
Watson
Webber
Villanueva
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 pm
Depends on the trade. If it's Pietrus, for sure. Even if Villa plays the same role he's playing in Milwaukee.

If it takes more than Pietrus, Kosta or POB, I'd pass...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:54 pm
No. There's a reason Toronto and Milwaukee BOTH both a young, talented 4 on the trading block within 1 year of playing for both teams. Something's wrong with him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:29 pm
32 wrote:No. There's a reason Toronto and Milwaukee BOTH both a young, talented 4 on the trading block within 1 year of playing for both teams. Something's wrong with him.

Nothing's wrong with him. It was due to other needs. Toronto needed a PG and got a steal in Ford (who I consider worse than Calderon, but worth a lot more than Villa).

As for his current role... he's a victim of the need to showcase Yi. You can't keep your rookies on the bench (much less lottery picks) if you're a bad team. You have to show some kind of hope to your fans.

Keep in mind that Villa is averaging just 0.4 points and 1 board less than Yi with 7 less minutes per game. Stats don't lie in this case.

With that, I'm not saying he will change a team's season... but he's more than capable of playing his role. Maybe even a starter for certain team (not for us, tho).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:38 pm
I don't think he's worth it. I wouldn't play him in front of Harrington, Webber, or Crosshere. We can trade Pietrus for him, but its purely shifting assets. I don't think he'd have a role here anymore than he has a role with the Bucks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 pm
32 wrote:I don't think he's worth it. I wouldn't play him in front of Harrington, Webber, or Crosshere. We can trade Pietrus for him, but its purely shifting assets. I don't think he'd have a role here anymore than he has a role with the Bucks.

Yeah, but we'd still be improving our talent pool. That's the point.

Of course, if it takes more than Pietrus, POB and/or Kosta, I'd pass...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:42 pm
Charlie's trade value, compared to Pietrus', seems interchangeable to me. A lot of teams seem to covet Mickael.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:37 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:No. There's a reason Toronto and Milwaukee BOTH both a young, talented 4 on the trading block within 1 year of playing for both teams. Something's wrong with him.

Nothing's wrong with him.

something is wrong with him IMO. he has no work ethic, no heart. he should be starting in milwaukee, should have been starting, should have made yi work hard for the starting PF spot. he did none of those. even if he could run with us, you wont see any hustle in him. i really dont like him just for the fact that he's a waste of talent.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:07 pm
EMan32 wrote:something is wrong with him IMO. he has no work ethic, no heart. he should be starting in milwaukee, should have been starting, should have made yi work hard for the starting PF spot. he did none of those. even if he could run with us, you wont see any hustle in him. i really dont like him just for the fact that he's a waste of talent.

I could see this in his rookie season and when the trade to Milwaukee happened, a few guys on here thought the Bucks got a steal but I knew it was the Raptors who got the steal. Villa just hasn't performed as well as expected and may never

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm
32 wrote:I don't think he's worth it. I wouldn't play him in front of Harrington, Webber, or Crosshere. We can trade Pietrus for him, but its purely shifting assets. I don't think he'd have a role here anymore than he has a role with the Bucks.

In a situation where depth was needed at forward...I'd rather cart Villa out there instead of Pietrus anyday

Return to Trades