All those rumours

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:29 am
Hey,

do you wanna know what I think is the main problem the Warriors have?
It's defense and rebounds. And that's what we need to add to the team. I'm looking the boxscores every f*** day and what I always recognize is the fact we're in about 90-95 % the team with less rebounds. So I think it's a must to go for a big man who nealry grab's about 7-10 boards a game.

And here are the players I think we should keep:

B. Davis
S. Jackson
A. Biedrins
M. Ellis
M. Barnes
B. Wright
K. Azuibuike

All the others I think they can fill some wholes, but we could also trade them. So we have enough salaries (Harrington, Pietrus, O'Bryant ...) left to go for such a big man.

Here in Germany I haven't enough possibilities to watch the NBA on TV (just over the internet or one time a week on pay-tv) to say exactly which player could fit, but around all the talks in this forum the only player I would add is Charlie Villanueva.

Now it's up to you to say me if I'm right and which player would be the best to get to make us better under the basket.

Marcel
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 am
I agree, and I'm sure that most people on here would agree, but you do need to keep in mind that getting a good power forward would not solve all our problems. Baron is forced to play 40-45 minutes a night and that is unacceptable. With Monta's improvement in play, he could be a backup point guard, and maybe CJ Watson is the answer, but somebody, anybody, needs to step up and take the position. That is our biggest need right now, in my opinion. We can survive for a time without rebounding, but if Baron gets killed by playing 90% of the game every game, we are done. So I agree with you to a point, but not completely.

By the way, I do agree that Charlie is their best bet for going after someone.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:09 pm
I dont like Charlie V, I would rather go after a Warrick type player.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:50 pm
ActionJackson wrote:Hey,

do you wanna know what I think is the main problem the Warriors have?
It's defense and rebounds. And that's what we need to add to the team. I'm looking the boxscores every f*** day and what I always recognize is the fact we're in about 90-95 % the team with less rebounds. So I think it's a must to go for a big man who nealry grab's about 7-10 boards a game.

And here are the players I think we should keep:

B. Davis
S. Jackson
A. Biedrins
M. Ellis
M. Barnes
B. Wright
K. Azuibuike

All the others I think they can fill some wholes, but we could also trade them. So we have enough salaries (Harrington, Pietrus, O'Bryant ...) left to go for such a big man.

Here in Germany I haven't enough possibilities to watch the NBA on TV (just over the internet or one time a week on pay-tv) to say exactly which player could fit, but around all the talks in this forum the only player I would add is Charlie Villanueva.

Now it's up to you to say me if I'm right and which player would be the best to get to make us better under the basket.

Marcel

The only problem is that, if we're not open to trade anybody else, the only guy with some value is Al Harrington. And I really doubt he'd be enticing enough to add a big men that can solve our issues. And I wouldn't trade him if it means a big drop in talent.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:30 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I dont like Charlie V, I would rather go after a Warrick type player.

completely agree with you there. if we get charlie V he's gonna come ine with an attitude thinking that nelson is gonna let him shoot and he's gonna end up being just like al harrington (but with a less consistent shot). he's not gonna concentrate on playing defense or rebounding like we'd bring him in to do. now bring in a warrick-type player and you got something totally different. someone who is more of a defender than villanueva, someone who is somewhat like jason maxiell (but more offensive)...warrick is like a lesser rudy gay (not as much of a scoring mentality.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:30 am
I think the PERFECT guy to go after is Kurt Thomas. He is old but he is a very good rebounder and defender. He expires at the end of the year so it would not hinder Wright's playing time next season

His presense in the post come postseason would be a HUGE addition and the Sonics are willing to trade him.

He would be a great fit!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:50 am
After signing Webber, I think it's safe to say that we can forget about trading for Villa. And keeping Watson means we won't be looking for a backup PG, either.

I think the focus will go towards a backup center, and, as Bada says, Kurt Thomas would be a good objective. I don't think Seattle is interested in trading him, tho. He might be more valuable as a expirer for them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 am
TMC wrote:I think the focus will go towards a backup center, and, as Bada says, Kurt Thomas would be a good objective. I don't think Seattle is interested in trading him, tho. He might be more valuable as a expirer for them.

I read today that Seattle is willing to move KT
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:06 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:I think the focus will go towards a backup center, and, as Bada says, Kurt Thomas would be a good objective. I don't think Seattle is interested in trading him, tho. He might be more valuable as a expirer for them.

who would we move to get him? His contract is for around $8.5 mil...?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 pm
badabing8888 wrote:

I'm talking for the sh*tty deal we may offer. Because we're not gonna trade one of our top 8-9 players for him.

After that, there's not much Seattle may want. And I wouldn't trade a pick for him, considering he's a expirer and might not be back next year.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:38 pm
badabing8888 wrote:

i'd love to get him...but like TMC said, not for one of our top 8-9. he's one guy that can guard the likes of a booz or duncan straight up. plus he wouldn't clog the middle since he's got a pretty sweet J. hmm...interesting.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 pm
TMC wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:

I'm talking for the sh*tty deal we may offer. Because we're not gonna trade one of our top 8-9 players for him.

After that, there's not much Seattle may want. And I wouldn't trade a pick for him, considering he's a expirer and might not be back next year.

Who knows what they would want but KT is the type of player that COULD be the difference between a one and out playoff appearance and a good playoff run. Who knows if BD is back next year. Nellie? AB?? Monta? etc. Gotta go for it when you can.

That being said, I would not give up Al or any of the main guys for him. But I would give up a draft choice and would include any players not named: Baron, Al, Stephen, Monta, Andris, Wright, Kalena. But if they woudl be interested in anyone else like MP, Barnes, etc with a draft pick, I would do it. SIEZE THE OPPORTUNITY!
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:12 pm
badabing8888 wrote:I think the PERFECT guy to go after is Kurt Thomas. He is old but he is a very good rebounder and defender. He expires at the end of the year so it would not hinder Wright's playing time next season

His presense in the post come postseason would be a HUGE addition and the Sonics are willing to trade him.

He would be a great fit!

I like your thinking and I've always liked what he could give us, especially after what he gave Phoenix. I reckom Pietrus and O'bryant would be ebough for KThomas and I think the salary works out about right. KThomas would probably resign here next season for veteran minimum, especially if he sees the possibility of the team being a contender, which I think they could be if him and Webber fit in well and supply needs

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:25 pm
How serious are the Warriors about getting Kurt Thomas?

...He would be a good fit on any team

Return to Trades