bucks trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:05 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

baron davis
steven jackson
al harrington
brandon wright
yi jianlian

biedrins
pietrus
1st round pick

for
yi
cv
ramon sessions(filler)

fair trade i think well i think it should be 2 for 2 straight across but i dont think the bucks wont bite unless we give up the 1st rnd pick, ramon sessions
is there as a money filler to make this trade financially work.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:42 am
I'd do it. If we do I'd move Patrick to the starting lineup to see what he can do. Harrington, Yi, POB, and Brandan coudl share minutes between the 4 and 5.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:40 am
PG : Boom-Dizzle SG: Montastic SF: Super Mario PF: S-Jax C: Andretti

who's super mario?
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:58 am
no way. biedrins owns all of those guys
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:30 am
EMan32 wrote:no way. biedrins owns all of those guys


we get yi imagine yi and wright on the floor together that also gives perovic more minutes i think this trade will improve our roster plus more playing time for the young guys look at the front line after the trade.
jackson
harrington
villavueva
jianlian
wright
croshere
perovic
o'bryan't

along with the guards this team can go far remember yi can shoot threes and free throws consistent and is only gonna get better come on captain
this trade does make sense for both sides.

on the bucks side you got biedrins playing along side bogut and the bucks get there wing man in pietrus.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:01 am
biedrins is a piece that you can build a franchise around. with him and monta we have our team pretty set for the future, all we have to do is find players to compliment them two and build around them. yi has yet to prove that a franchise can be built around him. charlie v isnt as good as most people on this board give him credit for, and the other guy (obviously a throw in) doesnt give us anything in return as far as talent and we'd probably just end up dropping him anyway. so basically its a POB and biedrins for charlie v and yi trade, as pietrus is an expirer. which is a complete downgrade in talent. id rather wait on POB as biedrins is already a beast and POB has that potential (and we saw that in the game in milwaukee). charlie has been in the league for about 4 years or so now and has proven that no team wants to keep him. yi has proven nothing.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 am
I like Biedrins but the franchise you build around him would be a shitty one
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:50 am
Quazza wrote:I like Biedrins but the franchise you build around him would be a shitty one


:?: A franchise built around Biedrins is a shitty one? Are the Warriors a shitty francehise? Last time I check Andris and Monta are the two we were building around...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:08 am
sleandres wrote:Last time I check Andris and Monta are the two we were building around...


Not yet. Without Baron and S-Jax, this team is between the five worst of the NBA.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 am
I wouldn't give them Biedrins for Yi, straight up... let alone in the BS Pietrus-for-Charlie deal.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 pm
mista240sx wrote:PG : Boom-Dizzle SG: Montastic SF: Super Mario PF: S-Jax C: Andretti

who's super mario?


i made that sig before the season started. It's a reference to Marco.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:15 pm
sleandres wrote:
Quazza wrote:I like Biedrins but the franchise you build around him would be a shitty one


:?: A franchise built around Biedrins is a shitty one? Are the Warriors a shitty francehise? Last time I check Andris and Monta are the two we were building around...


Biedrins is not a franchinse player. And we're not building around Biedrins, he's one of our role players.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:48 pm
8th ave wrote:
sleandres wrote:
Quazza wrote:I like Biedrins but the franchise you build around him would be a shitty one


:?: A franchise built around Biedrins is a shitty one? Are the Warriors a shitty francehise? Last time I check Andris and Monta are the two we were building around...


Biedrins is not a franchinse player. And we're not building around Biedrins, he's one of our role players.


and i agree with you...for now. but as far as the furture of our franchise, biedrins is one of the players we are going to build around along with monta, and hopefully wright. kinda like aldridge, roy, and oden in portland...only our guys are slower to mature and we have a playoff team already (im not saying that portland isnt a playoff team right now, but im not saying they are either...thats yet to be seen).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:25 pm
EMan32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:
sleandres wrote:
Quazza wrote:I like Biedrins but the franchise you build around him would be a shitty one


:?: A franchise built around Biedrins is a shitty one? Are the Warriors a shitty francehise? Last time I check Andris and Monta are the two we were building around...


Biedrins is not a franchinse player. And we're not building around Biedrins, he's one of our role players.


and i agree with you...for now. but as far as the furture of our franchise, biedrins is one of the players we are going to build around along with monta, and hopefully wright. kinda like aldridge, roy, and oden in portland...only our guys are slower to mature and we have a playoff team already (im not saying that portland isnt a playoff team right now, but im not saying they are either...thats yet to be seen).


Good point, our success last year with our more established players may slow the development of our future (except Monta). The Blazers have been able to play their future the past year and a half.

Thank you for seeing my opinion on Biedrins for what it is. He may not be the franchise player, but an athletic big is a key part to the history of this franchise. Need we remember the other guys we've had?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:50 pm
Ok let's clear this things oke..

Biedrins is more than Yi and CV
Only Pietrus are equal with CV

The trade is fair if

Biedrin
Pietrus

for

Yi+CV+2 years first round pick (bucks)...that's W's probably will go for it but Biedrins future is BRIGHT and u can't let him go with getting junk players.

I would say keep Biedrin and Monta unless u can get a guy like Dwight Howard or Amare....
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron