Warriors - Detroit

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:58 pm
Warriors give: Harrington, Belli, POB
Warriors get: Maxiell, McDyess, Hunter.

Net result - Warriors get 2 bangers (+filler) to help inside. Detroit get scorer/shooter plus 2 younsters that could still turn out alright.

McDyess teaching BWright how to bang a bit would be nice as well. Don't want him learning too much from Harrington!

[/url]
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 pm
i vote NO...too much for us to give away....
AL can do more than maxiell,Belinelli is still can do more he just need time.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:30 pm
i dont think id wanna do this trade, tho i do like maxiell. im sure the pistons wouldnt do the trade as mcdyess is their starting center and they dont wanna put sheed at starting center. plus they wouldnt wanna lose maxiell. in their system, al harrington would be more of a backup forward than a starting small forward. basically theyd be getting a mini sheed in al.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 am
god no
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 am
Meh. This is a trade I'd prefer to make a year or two from now, when Wright's ready to start and we're trying to move Al Harrington. Harrington's value is split in 2, in the form of McDyse and Maxielle, but neither of them are on his level, so we'd be giving up a starter for bench players. I'd love for Wright to learn from Antonio, though.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:59 am
Not crazy about the trade, but I do love the idea of Maxiell...but I don't think he's going anywhere.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm
This would be a steal for us. Maxiell is a beast, there is no way detroit does this.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:32 am
jimbob631 wrote:This would be a steal for us. Maxiell is a beast, there is no way detroit does this.

I dunno about that.

They get the best player in the deal (Harrington) and Belinelli's not a bad throw-in, too. Young, nuts-on shooters don't come around THAT often.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:42 am
Maxiell impacts the game more than harrington does. HArrington is a scorer, not a great rebounder or a defender. Although his three point shot is extremely important. Maxiel blocks shots, he can run the floor well for his size, rebounds, defends, has a decent post game, and brings attitude.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:57 am
Maxiel would bring more to our team than Harrington does, purely because Harrington is a scorer and we have a surplus of scorers... but I doubt anybody would label Jason Maxiel as an upgrade in talent over Al Harrington. Detroit would take that deal, no questions asked, from a purely talent standpoint.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:52 pm
More talented offensively but not overall. Maxiell is younger than Harrington and still has room to grow and his game is more complete while Harrington is just a good scorer. I doubt they would do the trade but I would do it in a second.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:37 pm
To me this clearly makes the Warrior better NOW. We can definitley cover Harringtons scoring being gone and the other two, while still having potential, don't get a chance to play.
We get 2 blokes (one young and will get better) that will be happy to throw some weight around in the paint. No more getting defiled by Boozer maybe!

Plus the fact that this isn't a ridiculous trade. Detroit would consider, maybe not take but would consider.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:28 pm
Detroit would not consider this. They lose two big men. They would have to give Brezac more minutes then they would like to.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:03 am
jimbob631 wrote:Detroit would not consider this. They lose two big men. They would have to give Brezac more minutes then they would like to.

Yep. Maxiell alone... maybe. But not with McDyess. They wouldn't have enough depth inside.

Also, they may consider it, but I doubt they'd do Maxiell for Harrington, even tho Al is more talented. Maxiell is just a better fit for that team concept.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:08 am
jimbob631 wrote:More talented offensively but not overall. Maxiell is younger than Harrington and still has room to grow and his game is more complete while Harrington is just a good scorer. I doubt they would do the trade but I would do it in a second.

Okay, now we're just in total disagreement. Either you're overrating Jason Maxiell or you're severely not giving Al his dues. Harrington is among the best (read: Top 3) handling and passing 4's in the game today. Sure, scoring is his greatest asset, but to say that's all he brings is just not true. He's not the rebounder or defender that Maxiell is, but Jason can't hold a candle to anything Al does on offense. Long range shooting, creating his own shot, taking people off the dribble, finding the open man, getting to the foul line, fading away... plus, to Al's credit, he draws a ton of charges and fronts bigger defenders extremely well (see Yao Ming, for proof).

If this were a video game, I'd rate Jason Maxiell a 75 and Al Harrington an 82. It's that sort of difference. I'd be happy to get Maxiell, cause he addresses a lot of our needs, but he's definitely a talent-downgrade, in comparison to Harrington.
Next

Return to Trades