check this trade out....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:17 pm
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

i think this will help both teams this will give the raptors a wing man that they need in pietrus and a future big man in o'bryant
this trade will give the warriors a solid foward
that can up the warriors three point percentage
plus he is a winner at that and toughness to go along with it.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:29 pm
The Raptors gave Kapono a fat contract for a reason: they are high on him. They arent going to trade him away for two scrubs that nobody wants. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:37 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Raptors gave Kapono a fat contract for a reason: they are high on him. They arent going to trade him away for two scrubs that nobody wants. :wink:

thanks for your opinion.... you think the warriors gonna pull a trade before the deadline? they need help they lost against the twolves today of all teams
who would you wanna see the warriors trade and for who? i want your input giants fan.... go giants by the way.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:42 pm
We dont need Kapono and his big contract. They dont need Pietrus or POB. The only player I want that might be available from toronto is humphries.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:56 pm
mista240sx wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Raptors gave Kapono a fat contract for a reason: they are high on him. They arent going to trade him away for two scrubs that nobody wants. :wink:

thanks for your opinion.... you think the warriors gonna pull a trade before the deadline? they need help they lost against the twolves today of all teams
who would you wanna see the warriors trade and for who? i want your input giants fan.... go giants by the way.

I think that a trade will happen but I dont think anything will happen for a while. We need to find our needs, and we cant do that until Watson gets his chance. Nothing will happen until they either resign him or let him go.

If we let Watson go, I could see a trade for Nate Robinson or one of the three in Portland, (Jack, Rodriguez, or Blake) or possibly Damon Stoudamire.

If we decide to keep Watson, we need an athletic rebounder. Maybe Hakeem Warrick?

I am not going over who they would need to give up for each of these guys because they are all different but Pietrus is the cornerstone of it.

I'm not blasting you, man, but you have to be realistic. You have to give up guys to get guys.

The main reason I dont like this trade for Kapono is because we dont need him. We have Pietrus, Barnes, Jackson, Harrington, and Azubuike who all do exactly what he does: shoot. We need to either address our rebounding or our backup point guard position. Either way, Kapono doesnt help us.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:56 pm
dont like kapono...he gets paid over 5 million to stay behind the 3pt line and shoot. no matter how much i wanna get rid of pietrus i wouldnt make this deal.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 pm
Both Pietrus and Kapono were FA's during the offseason... they chose Kapono. Not that I would do this trade anyway, but why would they trade for MP now?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
mista240sx wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
If we let Watson go, I could see a trade for Nate Robinson

Robinson is untouchable right now, but I could see a trade for jack.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 pm
Yeah, I just cant imagine the Trail Blazers keeping all three guys. Three point guards seem like overkill. I hope that they do deal for one of them. They are all very talented.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:33 am
Thanks for the input guys really i think we have our clean up big man thats kosta perovic think im crazy but i think he should get back up to biedrins trust me they would win alot more if nellie just put them all in and play the whole team as a team you guys agree? i mean looks like the warriors are getting burnt out in the fourth or they slack the first part of the game so they can have energy in the 4th because they are not playing the whole bench honestly im tired of seeing this. the twolves game is an example they got out hustled in the first half because they were slacking so they can have energy in the 4th to little to late anyways bottom line is im tired of seeing the same 7 man rotation seems like to me on display night in night out anybody agree?
BUT STILL TRADE PIETRUS THOUGH LOL TIRED OF SEEING HIM STEPPING OUT OF BOUNDS shooting a three on the wing OR TRYING TO SET SCREENS OUT OF BOUNDS THAT FREAKING IDIOT.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 am
badabing8888 wrote:Both Pietrus and Kapono were FA's during the offseason... they chose Kapono. Not that I would do this trade anyway, but why would they trade for MP now?

Only because Pietrus was restricted and they would have had to overpay by a lot more to be able to sign him.

Actually, I can see the Raptors going for that trade. I'm pretty sure they're regretting signing Kapono to such a deal. After all, Carlos Delfino makes 1/5 of what Kapono makes and is a lot more effective.

But I don't think we should go for it. Adding such a long contract (that also increases each year) won't help us re-sign our young guys, and Kapono won't improve us that much. He's just a shooter, after all.

Return to Trades