Moving Andris Biedrins

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:41 pm
It maybe time for the Warriors to take a pick on who they want to re-sign. With Baron Davis, Ellis, Pietrus, and Biedrins all up for extensions, the chances are that they won't sign all of them. Davis is the only must to re-sign. Pietrus should be let go. Both Ellis and Biedrins will command a contract thats starts at $8,000,000 a year or something close whether its $7M or $9M. Biedrins has some good value out there and could be dealt for a potential rising star for a team looking for a center. Nellie is underutilizing AB right now, which doesn't make sense, but thats the case.

Here is a good trade for both teams involved. Bogut, a former #1 overall pick, is a smart center that would fit into Nellie's style of play much better than Biedrins. He's not as athletic, but he's able to post up and can guard the bigger centers in the league. A great passer from the post.

Send Biedrins, Ellis, and Wright to Milwaukee for Bogut and Yi Jianlian.

Milwaukee gets some nice young talent to rebuild with, especially if they choose to move Redd at some point before the trade deadline which has been rumored. With Yi being in a huge Asian market and community, it may not be imperative to start him and he could come off the bench for Nellie. This would also open the door for Belinelli to get more minutes. This will also allow them to concentrate on re-signing BD.

Bucks Line up:

PG Williams / Ivey
SG Ellis / Bell
SF Redd / Mason / Simmons
PF Wright / Ruffin
C Beidrins / Gadzuric

Warriors Line up:

PG Davis / Watson
SG Jackson / Belinelli
SF Azuibuike / Barnes
PF Harrington / Yi / Croshere
C Bogut / O'Bryant
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:53 pm
#1) You answered this one yourself, Bogut is not athletic enough.

#2) I think Wright will be much better than Jianlian will ever be.

#3) Read numbers 1 & 2, and ask yourself why we would give away Monta in this trade.

Also, one thing to remeber. Monta and Andris might not end up costing as much as one might think. What teams will be able to outbid us for them?
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm
I'd take Ellis over Andris anyday. I'm just not satisfied with Andris' play this season. I wasn't expecting him to be a superstar or anyting, but seeing him get pushed around is really demoralizing. I honestly think it's time to let O'bryant play some extended minutes. Im not suggesting that we bench Andris, but we need to see if Patrick can offer us better play than Andris. Anyone agree?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:04 pm
first of all... our concern is only for Davis, Ellis, and AB... NOT QUITE SURE HOW MP got on that list.

Secondly, AB is perfect for our offense. Now... I'm not quite sure how anyone can measure talent between Yi and Wright at this point because I haven't seen enough of Wright to decide if he will ever be as good as we think he can. Yi, looks solid if nothing else... So i leave that up to everyone to decide...

Monta is our fastbreak in case u haven't notice. I give him credit for working on his mid range game this year, which has improved drastically. To give up on Monta, Warriors SHOULD DEMAND for an up and coming star. Maybe Yi... but I wouldn't do it...

Only players I would like to see are David Lee and Hakim Warrick... pick you combination below to obtain them:

MP
POB
Kosta
Barnes
Azu
Watson
Croshere
Marco
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 pm
This is one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen. It would still be highway robbery if we only gave Biedrins and Ellis... throwing in Wright takes away any further discussion I want to put into this topic.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:07 pm
JayPat wrote:This is one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen. It would still be highway robbery if we only gave Biedrins and Ellis... throwing in Wright takes away any further discussion I want to put into this topic.

I wouldn't give away any one of our three guys in this trade for any of their two guys.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:36 pm
or we re-sign baron and biedrins this year, re-sign monta next year, and let pietrus go since he is a non-factor as far as team contract situations are concerned. if anything, we trade pietrus this year before the deadline.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:02 am
JayPat wrote:This is one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen. It would still be highway robbery if we only gave Biedrins and Ellis... throwing in Wright takes away any further discussion I want to put into this topic.

truth.

Bogut has been a big dissapointment, not terrible but certainly not a #1 pick, and Yi is unproven. giving up Biedrins, Ellis and Wright? :crazy:

now if we added Bogut to compliment Biedrins? might have somethig there...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:24 am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:36 pm
Since the Bobcats run the risk of losing Emeka. I'd trade AB and either Buke or a combo for AB, MP or AB, Barnes for Okafor and their 1st round pick unprotected!

Okafor is a physical defender and rebounder! Much more physical than AB! With the 1st round pick I'd pick either Hardin or draft a backup PG for BD.

AB has proven that he can't guard 5's in the league. And he's already been in the league for 4 yrs. When Howard came into the league at a young age he was able to workout and add quality muscles to his frame! I don't see AB being able to gain this weight plus he plays too soft! I don't ever recall him giving anyone a flagrant foul or giving a hard foul! He's a slightly above average big man.

I'd let Harrington play out his contract and sign another big time FA who can help us out.

Long term I'd have BD and Jackson for just another 3 yrs tops! Getting rid of Harrington to make room for Wright. I'd like a combo for Okafor, Wright, and DeVon Hardin to backup either Okafor or Wright. When BD and S-Jax have played out their contracts the W's will have enough money to sign two big name FA's and have Monta, Wright and Okafor with a cheap big like Hardin waiting in the wings!

Wright, Okafor, S-Jax, Monta and BD. Plus we have another young cheap big in DeVon Hardin who can run the floor who will just concentrate on reb and blocking shots!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:38 pm
Shiitt they can have POB to develop in their wings as well!!! 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:53 am
Jesus H Christ there's some horrible trades on this board atm. This one rates right up there
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:30 am
are we having a BUCKS fans here

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:59 pm
I love watching that highlight of Emeka stuffing and knocking down Shaq on a wide open dunk attempt! 8)
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:56 am
GSWGuru wrote:Send Biedrins, Ellis, and Wright to Milwaukee for Bogut and Yi Jianlian.

L O L
:shock:

Yi Jianlian is a FLOP.

Bogut is okay... but to me, he's Biedrins +20 pounds.

So to this trade... a laugh and a no.
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
Next

Return to Trades