this will work?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 pm
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

baron davis
steven jackson
hakim warrick
pau gasol
andres biedrins

this gives us a bigger front line with gasol and beans together on the floor that would be fun to watch and an exiting small forward in warrick as well
i know we lose harrington and our future power foward in wright but we get rid of pietrus and obryant in the process hey i would even throw in a 1st rd pick as well to get this deal done i mean baron and jack arent getting any younger and need to win now i think this trade would help that cause.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 pm
No way the Warriors would be willing to trade Brandan Wright. You can throw that out right now. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:12 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:No way the Warriors would be willing to trade Brandan Wright. You can throw that out right now. :wink:

bet you they would for a chance to win a championship.... thats the whole point of this trade i mean look at it this way with this trade we can beat dallas again i mean right now brandon wright cant help us this year pau can and he could be our own dirk you feel me :)

like i said baron and jax aint gettin any younger
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:15 pm
Pau would not make us a championship team, in my opinion. The way we run the game hinders us too much.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:23 pm
I agree, Pau wouldn't make us champions. Not to mention, if they were only worried about this year, I'm not even sure they would have traded JRich...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 pm
it works...but it's not realistic. we're not gonna give up all that to get pau and warrick. and the trade really wouldnt be appealing to memphis. you gotta remember that we cant just trade hella garbage (or unused/unproven players) to get good players.

plus, i agree with the other guys. pau wouldnt make us a championship team. i actually think he would hurt our team, making it slower...and let's face it, we're not at our best when we play slow. we can play a somewhat slow game no doubt...but our odds of winning that way are slim to none
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:30 pm
EMan32 wrote:it works...but it's not realistic. we're not gonna give up all that to get pau and warrick. and the trade really wouldnt be appealing to memphis. you gotta remember that we cant just trade hella garbage (or unused/unproven players) to get good players.

plus, i agree with the other guys. pau wouldnt make us a championship team. i actually think he would hurt our team, making it slower...and let's face it, we're not at our best when we play slow. we can play a somewhat slow game no doubt...but our odds of winning that way are slim to none

well i just cant wait and see what mully has up his sleeve now first off he made the first step this year signing watson hopefully he pulls off another
move that will take us over the top cause to be quite honest if the roster stays the same after the trade deadline we wont have a chance probably not even make the playoffs like nellie said on knbr "we need help" we are just to small.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:31 pm
EMan32 wrote:it works...but it's not realistic. we're not gonna give up all that to get pau and warrick. and the trade really wouldnt be appealing to memphis. you gotta remember that we cant just trade hella garbage (or unused/unproven players) to get good players.

well i just cant wait and see what mully has up his sleeve now first off he made the first step this year signing watson hopefully he pulls off another
move that will take us over the top cause to be quite honest if the roster stays the same after the trade deadline we wont have a chance probably not even make the playoffs like nellie said on knbr "we need help" we are just to small.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:42 am
i cant wait to see what nelly and mully do to our team either. but i wouldnt count us out of the playoffs already. yes, the west is as closely contended as ever, but i still have faith that the warriors would make the playoffs even with the current roster. i just hope we dont get all hyped up for a trade and once it happens its like "oh...thats it?" or "wtf was that?"
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:54 am
Haha i know i was like wtf? when they traded tim hardaway for bimbo coles lol no more trades like that man haha in other words no more WTF? trades.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:09 am
mista240sx wrote:Haha i know i was like wtf? when they traded tim hardaway for bimbo coles lol no more trades like that man haha in other words no more WTF? trades.

WORD! no more WTF trades.....MAN LAW! haha
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:27 am
It's not such a terrible trade. Under the right circumstances, it may happen. I mean, it requires several things to happen:

For Golden State:

1.- Commitment to pay a sh*tload of money to Gasol for the next few years. I don't know if that would be the case, tho.

2.- Not be too high on Wright. He won't be traded if the front office thinks he can develop into an all star.

For Memphis:

1.- They should be high on Wright, because Pietrus is garbage, POB is a free agent at the end of the year and the other valuable piece is Al Harrington, who's nowhere near Gasol in terms of impact on the game.

2.- This trade also frees up a lot of money. In that sense, it helps a lot with the rebuilding plan the Grizzlies are into.

Would this trade make us a contender?. Maybe. Maybe not. It would surely force us to change a bit the way we play. But there's no doubt we'd be a better team right now.

For the future?. It depends on Wright's development. That's why he's so important for this trade to happen. If the front office is as high on him as some members of this board, there's no way he's traded. (As for me, I'm more curious than anything. Wright has showed enough flashes of talent, but I still don't have a clear idea of his ceiling. Not until I see him play more, and meaningful, minutes)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:16 am
... am I the only person who'd rather see what we have in Brandan Wright, before we mortgage our future on an all-star big man through a trade? All these ideas for Jermaine, Pau, Amare, KG... and even other overpaid trade ideas, like Stromile Swift, all involve us giving up Wright AND Harrington.

Can we not just be happy that, at the moment, we have a budding all-star on the bench, with a 20 PPG scorer filling our gap at PF in the meantime...? It's a perfect situation if the Warriors are willing to be patient. Imagine if the Lakers had a center like Chris Kaman to play, while Andrew Bynum was maturing? That's what its like to have Harrington AND Wright.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:27 pm
32 wrote:... am I the only person who'd rather see what we have in Brandan Wright, before we mortgage our future on an all-star big man through a trade? All these ideas for Jermaine, Pau, Amare, KG... and even other overpaid trade ideas, like Stromile Swift, all involve us giving up Wright AND Harrington.

Can we not just be happy that, at the moment, we have a budding all-star on the bench, with a 20 PPG scorer filling our gap at PF in the meantime...? It's a perfect situation if the Warriors are willing to be patient. Imagine if the Lakers had a center like Chris Kaman to play, while Andrew Bynum was maturing? That's what its like to have Harrington AND Wright.

Obviously you're not since everyone's rejecting the deal :-)

I gotta say I'd be pretty psyched about what this team could do though. Not sure I'd go for it since it would put a lot of faith in Gasol's ability to run and stay healthy but I think we could be a really good team with him.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:28 pm
I thnk everyone knows I'm big on AB. But, I'd be happy with Gasol in the paint too.

How about:
AB
Al
+filler

For:
Gasol (may need to use trade exemption)

This gives W's an All-Star potential ceter, who runs a similar offense in Memphis, and gives the Grizz TWO new starters (replacing Darko and Gasol) that combine for an average that is more points and rebounds than their current starters.

W's:
Baron, Monta, Jack, BWright (down low), Gasol (top key)

Then, pull off the Pietrus-for-Charlie V (to play back-up 4/5) trade, and W's are suddenly very solid down low. It raises the team salary, but gives the W's a fairly guarenteed post presence on both O and D, and gives the rooks the PT many are screaming for.
Next

Return to Trades