i cant believe the warriors arent using the trade exception

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:16 pm
or are they?
is there still time?

"The one-year life on the $2.1 million trade exception the Warriors got in exchange for forward Ike Diogu expires Thursday."
contra costa times
Marcus Thompson II

why didn't we get a trade done?

we should trade for a P.F/C or a P.G
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm
Well, we want financial flexibility to be able to sign Monta, Biedrins, and Azubuike.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:06 am
there arent many people of value out there that we can get for only 2 million. we'd be almost better off just letting it expire.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am
EMan32 wrote:there arent many people of value out there that we can get for only 2 million. we'd be almost better off just letting it expire.

Yeah, as exceptions can't be combined with other contracts, there was nothing we could do with that one.

Now, the one we got from the J-Rich trade is a different matter...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:03 am
Those trade exceptions are good, either way.

Either we aquire somebody with them, via trade, or we let them expire, as EMan pointed out, and get financial flexibility to resign Biedrins, Ellis, Wright, Barnes, Azubuike, Watson, and even O'Bryant (if they feel the need). We're not short on players that we need to retain.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:57 am
dont worry. we still have jrich's 9million TE if we still wanted to make a move.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 am
Here's a question: can TE's be combined?

I know you can't package a player with a TE, but can you combine TE's together? Can JRich's $10 million turn into a $12 million one with Ike's?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 am
Next time read prior postings! I've already asked this question...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:32 am
You're right. I'll be sure to comb through the tens of thousands of past topics archived on this board whenever I have any kind of query whatsoever, despite the fact that duplicate questions are inevitable and it's not like I was creating a topic dedicated to that thought - I was merely asking a question that has, apparently, already been put forth by a user that I, frankly, have learned to tune out anyway. What was I thinking?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:56 am
I don't think they can be combined, but I could be wrong.

I hope the Warriors just let them both expire and wrap up all the young guys in long term contracts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:10 pm
32 wrote:Here's a question: can TE's be combined?

I know you can't package a player with a TE, but can you combine TE's together? Can JRich's $10 million turn into a $12 million one with Ike's?

No. You can divide them, tho. So, for example, an exception of 10 million can be used to acquire two players of 6 and 4 million respectively.

Or, being more creative, you can trade your exception to acquire a certain player and generate a trade exception, that can be used on further players.

But combining the two exceptions we had?. Nope. Can't be done.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:24 pm
32 wrote:You're right. I'll be sure to comb through the tens of thousands of past topics archived on this board whenever I have any kind of query whatsoever, despite the fact that duplicate questions are inevitable and it's not like I was creating a topic dedicated to that thought - I was merely asking a question that has, apparently, already been put forth by a user that I, frankly, have learned to tune out anyway. What was I thinking?

That is one of my pet peeves that fortunately I dont see happen here very often and that is the flaming of people that ask a question that has already been asked before.

I just dont get why people get so fired up about that. I have posted on boards where these "forum police" dudes just go nuts on people that ask a question whos answer may be buried in thousands of threads. "USE SEARCH NOOB!!!"

As 32 said, it is not always feasible to spend half your day looking to see whether your question has been asked before. Doesn't hurt anyone and at worst you can politely point out where the answer is to that question. Especially considering the question was on topic.

Return to Trades