Artest anyone?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:50 am
Location: Oregon Coast
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 am
TMC wrote:I doubt the Kings are willing to trade Artest to the Warriors. I really, really doubt it. And if they do, it would cost us an awful lot.


Don't you think the Kings are forced to do something here? He says he'll opt out after the season to go the Knicks. The Maloofs get nothing for him and a disgruntled Sacramento fanbase gets angrier. They're almost have to move him given the playoffs are out of reach. I'd certainly be willing to "rent" him for the balance of the year and give up that probable high-teens No. 1 pick and fringe players who probably play elsewhere next year. If the move pans out he might stay longer. Toughness and an inside presence is all that is lacking on the W's. Artest provides 1/2 of that equation.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:29 am
i don't think the kings are as bad as their record shows.

with everyone getting healthy and soon to return, that's a lineup of bibby, martin, artest, miller, and maybe moore?

i mean if i were a kings fan i wouldn't start making playoff plans, but that's not a bad lineup once everyone gets back into the groove.

martin's been tearing it up the last two games since his return. salmon's been getting some good run - and not sure if you saw him come through last night vs. dallas. miller's been averaging 20/10 over the last oh i don't know, the last handful of games. garcia's also been getting some good run in.

so if i were the maloofs, i'd see how well these guys play together first.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:35 am
8th ave wrote:hell yeah. do that ****. i've been pushing to get a defensive player since forever. i said yes to the AK trade rumors, i said yes to the matrix trade possibilities, and now imma say yes to this. i seriously think we're just one defensive player away from being a championship contender. im not saying that we dont have any defensive players on the team. i think stephen, baron, and monta are all great on-ball defenders, but their offense is much better than their defence. ask yourself this question; would you keep baron, monta, or jackson for JUST for their defensive capabilities? maybe, maybe not. would you keep artest just for his defensive capabilities? definately.


i say yes to those too except the matrix. he's never done anything for me. shoots WAAAAAAY too many 3's for someone who can't shoot. i've always thought that he better count his blessings that he's playing with nash.

as for jax and bd being great on-ball defenders, that's pretty accurate. monta on the other hand - he's far from being a good defender. he has the physical tools, but he's got much to learn on defense.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 pm
JoBarelyCares wrote:
TMC wrote:I doubt the Kings are willing to trade Artest to the Warriors. I really, really doubt it. And if they do, it would cost us an awful lot.


Don't you think the Kings are forced to do something here?


Sure, what I doubt is that they'll trade him to us.

If I were the Kings, I'll try to trade him to the Knicks first, since he wants to go there (and, for example, David Lee is a much more enticing trade bait than anybody we might be willing to trade). If not, I think they'd be able to get a better offer from several teams in the east. I doubt they'll want him to stay in the West, much less in a division rival.

Can it happen?. Sure, nothing surprises me anymore. I just think it's a looooong, long shot.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:20 pm
aletha33 wrote:i say yes to those too except the matrix. he's never done anything for me. shoots WAAAAAAY too many 3's for someone who can't shoot. i've always thought that he better count his blessings that he's playing with nash.


WOW, how can a career 18.4 pts (on 48.1% shooting), 10 rebounds, 1.9 steals, and 1.4 blocks per game guy not do ANYTHING for you? Those are outstanding numbers. I agree he does shoot too many 3's but those numbers dont lie. The guys is a great defender and fills up the stat sheet.

Sure he benefits from Nash. But how to you explain that the 4 years prior to Nash coming to Phoenix he put up almost identical numbers as since Nash has arrived.

Here were his numbers for the 4 seasons before Nash arrived:

Season/Pts/Reb/Steals/Blks
03-04/19.0/9.3/2.1/1.3
02-03/21.2/9.5/2.3/1.2
01-02/19.1/9.9/1.8/1.1
00-01/17.3/10.7/1.7/1.4

His numbers over his whole career are amazingly consistent.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:25 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
aletha33 wrote:i say yes to those too except the matrix. he's never done anything for me. shoots WAAAAAAY too many 3's for someone who can't shoot. i've always thought that he better count his blessings that he's playing with nash.


WOW, how can a career 18.4 pts (on 48.1% shooting), 10 rebounds, 1.9 steals, and 1.4 blocks per game guy not do ANYTHING for you? Those are outstanding numbers. I agree he does shoot too many 3's but those numbers dont lie. The guys is a great defender and fills up the stat sheet.

Sure he benefits from Nash. But how to you explain that the 4 years prior to Nash coming to Phoenix he put up almost identical numbers as since Nash has arrived.

Here were his numbers for the 4 seasons before Nash arrived:

Season/Pts/Reb/Steals/Blks
03-04/19.0/9.3/2.1/1.3
02-03/21.2/9.5/2.3/1.2
01-02/19.1/9.9/1.8/1.1
00-01/17.3/10.7/1.7/1.4

His numbers over his whole career are amazingly consistent.


Yeah, I agree. The only bad thing is his contract. Over 16 million this year and over 17 the next (he can opt out at the end of this season, but he won't do it). That's almost 5 million over his real value. Still, he's a wonderful player, that may shoot too many 3s, but hey, you can't have it all.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:29 pm
badabing8888 wrote:WOW, how can a career 18.4 pts (on 48.1% shooting), 10 rebounds, 1.9 steals, and 1.4 blocks per game guy not do ANYTHING for you? Those are outstanding numbers. I agree he does shoot too many 3's but those numbers dont lie. The guys is a great defender and fills up the stat sheet.

Sure he benefits from Nash. But how to you explain that the 4 years prior to Nash coming to Phoenix he put up almost identical numbers as since Nash has arrived.


just think he's a bit overrated.

not a big marion fan...never was, never will be.

i just don't care for his game. sure he hustles, plays defense (though I would hesitate to say he plays great defense), fits well within phoenix's style. however, he's been fortunate to have played with some quality PG's: kidd, marbury (we laugh at him now but he was solid back then), and now nash.

i'm not saying i wouldn't love to have the dude on my team...i'm just saying he's lucky to have been paired up with some good PGs.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:01 pm
aletha33 wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:WOW, how can a career 18.4 pts (on 48.1% shooting), 10 rebounds, 1.9 steals, and 1.4 blocks per game guy not do ANYTHING for you? Those are outstanding numbers. I agree he does shoot too many 3's but those numbers dont lie. The guys is a great defender and fills up the stat sheet.

Sure he benefits from Nash. But how to you explain that the 4 years prior to Nash coming to Phoenix he put up almost identical numbers as since Nash has arrived.


just think he's a bit overrated.

not a big marion fan...never was, never will be.

i just don't care for his game. sure he hustles, plays defense (though I would hesitate to say he plays great defense), fits well within phoenix's style. however, he's been fortunate to have played with some quality PG's: kidd, marbury (we laugh at him now but he was solid back then), and now nash.

i'm not saying i wouldn't love to have the dude on my team...i'm just saying he's lucky to have been paired up with some good PGs.


fair enough.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 pm
marbury was never solid
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:55 pm
EMan32 wrote:Kinda like when the giants traded sweeney to the dodgers.


But the talent differential between Sweeney and Artest is astounding. Sweeney was a decent pinch hitter at best. He was struggling before they traded him, anyway. Dont want to get too far off topic here, but I hear Giants talk, I get in on it. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:09 pm
jimbob631 wrote:marbury was never solid



Narbury was a top 5 PG before he let Phoenox for the jail Knicks. I believe the Marion subject in the opinion that he is very good and somewhat worth the money he is paid, as very few players produce what he does (only JSmith and GWallace that I can think of and they are also one of a kind). He has had some great PGs but if he ever came here, he would have Baron
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:59 pm
I think Marion would be great here. It would be amazing if we could get Josh Smith tho. He would make us 10x better. So would Gerald Wallace.
And about marbury, he is a career loser. Hes never won anything, doesn't make players around him better (dont let his 7 assists fool u) and has always whinned from day one. Marion and Stoudmire requested his removal from the team and the bottom line is he has never won a playoff series and has only been to the playoffs 3 or 4 times in his whole 11 year career.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 pm
He did carry his team and was a borderline superstar. He's definitely solid... but not the kind of guy I would want to build my team around, for sure.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:35 pm
i'd give up harrington, pietrus, and barnes for marion. too bad pheonix wouldnt go for it. dont you guys hate it that we have to throw in beans or monta to make ANYTHING happen? HMPH
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:56 pm
8th ave wrote:dont you guys hate it that we have to throw in beans or monta to make ANYTHING happen? HMPH


That's what happens when you have talented young players. No trade will happen unless you give them up. That is all anybody wants. I dont like it either. :|
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron