Artest anyone?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:36 pm
Sacramento has got to be close to blowing that thing completely up because they're going nowhere. Anyone for this insanity? Artest for Barnes, Pietrus, O'Bryant & 2008 Number 1. We get a year and a half out of the crazed one at a decent number, $7 mil and change. I'd gladly substitute Artest's minutes for both Barnes and Pietrus, currently 40 between the two of them. I think an 8 man rotation of Biedrins, Al, Artest, Azuibuike, SJax, Wright, Monta and Baron gives us a fighting chance in the playoffs. We'd be tough-minded, I know that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:42 pm
That trade wouldnt work for the Kings. Artest is a very big name player, even though he is a punk. They would ask for Biedrins or Ellis most likely, and that wouldnt work for the Warriors. The trade you suggested would be great for the Warriors from a talent perspective, and I would like to see it happen, but it wont.

We would also be very gutted after that trade, trading away half the bench.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:59 pm
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as an impossibility Mr. SF Giants. No one is going to Arco these days to see Artest and the prospect of a number one pick plus freed up cap space has to be very appealing to them. They have to be in retooling mode now for 08-09 since the playoffs are in all likelihood an impossibility. As far as our bench goes it's really a 2 for 1 deal since O'Bryant is irrelevant to this franchise anyway. The trade works with or without him by the way. Brandan Wright needs to step up and take some minutes in this scenario and I think he's ready. Croshere, Watson, and Belli round out the bench. Not a bad team IMO.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:18 pm
Keep in mind they almost got Ben Gordon for him. First of all Artest does not have one and a half years, he is gonna opt out of his contract over the summer and im almost 100% sure he will sign the MLE and play for the knicks. Hes publicly said he wants to play for his hometown team, and has stated he will probably sign with them. Also, the only deal i see is if we give them two picks unprotected as well as expirings like pietrus and barnes and taking back their bad contracts like kenny with the trade exception. Lets say we dont make the playoffs and we end up without a pick. That really screws us over. We need to make deals that arent too risky, smart finacially sound moves that increase our talent in a more subtle way like bringing in someone to help our rebounding in a 2nd unit or a defensive minded player. Its moves like that that will get us to the next level and help us go deep in the playoffs. Sry I wrote so much :mrgreen:
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:37 pm
Artest wants to play in NEW YORK

Lets say the Warriors make the trade for him... he will opt out at the end of the year and most likely sign with Knicks.

Ron Artest is a Talent. Has a nice shot, he's a great Defender and he is freakishly strong

But Artest is a Basket Case

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:41 pm
Good points Jimbo, you're right he can opt out after this season. Artest says lots of crazy things. Remember he talked retirement last year also. I think it's a fairly safe bet with him on the roster, there's no way this team fails to reach the playoffs. Thus I'd take the risk with the 2008 number one. Being on a winner in Oakland might make rethink going into that mess at MSG. Granted it would be a bold move, but absent anything bold by Mullin, we stand a solid chance to be completely out of this year's playoff picture. We need toughness, Artest provides it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:23 pm
Even if he would opt out after the year, his playmaking ability would push this team over the edge. We would be giving up Pietrus, who everybody wants gone, Barnes, a guy that has been strugging, O'Bryant, a guy that doesnt play, and a late draft pick. I like our chances. Again, though, Sac-town wouldnt go for it.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:45 pm
Im positive they will do it if we use the trade excpetion to et kenny thomas and they get draft picks and xpirings. We need the finicial flexibility to secure biedrinis ellis and baron.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:37 pm
The one player the fucked up knicks do not need is Artest....that will be straight up comedy to see Artest added to that team....I don't want him on the Warriors either **** that guy....
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:42 pm
Im conflicted. It really comes down to how much we have to give up to get him. Maybe a three way trade could work better so we could also pick up a good rebounder.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:12 pm
hell yeah. do that ****. i've been pushing to get a defensive player since forever. i said yes to the AK trade rumors, i said yes to the matrix trade possibilities, and now imma say yes to this. i seriously think we're just one defensive player away from being a championship contender. im not saying that we dont have any defensive players on the team. i think stephen, baron, and monta are all great on-ball defenders, but their offense is much better than their defence. ask yourself this question; would you keep baron, monta, or jackson for JUST for their defensive capabilities? maybe, maybe not. would you keep artest just for his defensive capabilities? definately.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:18 pm
and also, how fun would it be to reunite artest with al and stephen? and another thing; i wouldnt trade barnes. i love the dudes heart too much and he's also one of our captains.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:19 pm
I think a three way trade with toronto could work. They need another point guard so they could get bibby while we pick up humphries from toronto and artest also. Sacremento could get expirings and two year contracts from us and toronto while we would give one draft pick to sacremento and the other to toronto. Something along those lines. I just dont kno if toronto is willing to give up humphries or if they think they r getting enough back.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:44 am
I doubt the Kings are willing to trade Artest to the Warriors. I really, really doubt it. And if they do, it would cost us an awful lot.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 am
ive always liked artest and have always wanted to see him in a warriors uniform. however, i know that this trade wouldnt happen. a couple of you make compelling arguements about our bench getting ripped in this trade, but i dont believe so. this trade would give wright an opportunity to play more. yes, we're trading away 3 of our guys to get 1, but one of those guys we never use anywayz in POB. so essentially its a 2-for-1. you got baron, monta, jax, artest, biedrins starting. off the bench comes buike, watson, harrington, wright, belinelli and croshere.

the reasons that this trade wont happen is cuz it really does nothing for the kings and the kings wouldn't make this kind of trade to a division rival. it'd be a once in a lifetime thing...kinda like when the giants traded sweeney to the dodgers.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Trades