How about a trade that COULD happen!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:33 am
From reading this article =

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel ... _deal.html

And pulling this note worthy quote =

So, who will the Bucks try to acquire before the Feb. 21 deadline? That’s the $64,000 question. It’s no secret, though, the Bucks would like to acquire an athletic small forward like Golden State’s Mickael Pietrus, who not only has a small contract ($3.47M) but a willingness to play defense.

The Bucks, who are apparently open to dealing Charlie Villanueva, Bobby Simmons, Charlie Bell or Dan Gadzuric, will have a plethora of options besides Pietrus. That’s because seldom, if ever, has there been so many quality players available before the in-season deadline.

Who do you guys like out of those options?

Im thinking Villanueva, would fit into the offense well, can hit the 3, is tall and long and would give some options up front.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 am
I've always liked Villa, and if Pietrus is all it takes to trade for him, I'd go for it.

Still, I think Villa has to have more value than that. Maybe Pietrus and POB for him and fillers to make it work?.

Bell is also a good player, but he's signed til 2012, so I'd pass, even tho his contract is not really big.

Gadzuric and Simmons are overpaid role players. We shouldn't even consider trading for them.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:58 am
I could go for Chalie V. Brings another big to the team. Trade Pietrus and any combo of POB/trade exclusion/Croshere.

At the same time, don't foget this part of the article:

In conversations with several general managers and player personnel directors within the last week, here is a list of some “name’’ players besides the aforementioned Artest and Randolph who could be relocated to a different zip code by next month:

New Jersey guard Jason Kidd, Philadelphia guard Andre Miller, Memphis forward-center Pau Gasol, Memphis swingman Mike Miller, Lakers forward Lamar Odom, Cleveland guard Larry Hughes, Sacramento point guard Mike Bibby, Phoenix power forward-center Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix forward Shawn Marion, Atlanta forward Josh Smith, Chicago small forwards Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni, Chicago center Ben Wallace, Denver forwards Kenyon Martin and Nene, Houston shooting guard Tracy McGrady, Seattle power forward Chris Wilcox, Seattle point guard Luke Ridnour, Miami swingman Ricky Davis, Miami point guard Jason Williams and virtually anyone on the New York Knicks not named David Lee.

There are some nice names in there I would be interested in (at a fair price).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:08 am
Half of those names are not really available. Nobody in their right mind can expect the Suns to trade Amare, for example.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:25 am
The reason Charlie doesn't attract me is because I don't want another PF; I want another center.

Aquiring Villanueva for Pietrus would simply put another roadblock in front of Wright.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:34 am
32 wrote:The reason Charlie doesn't attract me is because I don't want another PF; I want another center.

Admitted true, but in the W's system I think he's more of a center than a PF. Think of him taking Croshere's spot instead of BWright.

Beside, W's don't have anyone truely ugly yet. And EVERY team needs a ugly player.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:52 pm
I like the trade, but as 32 said, I would rather have a Center. I still like the idea of trading for Stomile Swift, but Villanueva is extremely good value for Pietrus.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:43 pm
It's definitely an upgrade in talent, don't get me wrong. I'd take a bag of Cheetos for Mickael Pietrus.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:08 pm
Pietrus for Villa - Go for it immediately.

Villa would be the power player the team has always needed and would fit in well. Even throwing in O'bryant would be more than alright

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:32 pm
32 wrote:It's definitely an upgrade in talent, don't get me wrong. I'd take a bag of Cheetos for Mickael Pietrus.

Ah...for me, itd take some hot cheetos, because Pete is hot garbage.
DUBBBIN’ !
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:44 pm
I will ask for Yi.... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:55 pm
PVWarriorFan wrote:
32 wrote:It's definitely an upgrade in talent, don't get me wrong. I'd take a bag of Cheetos for Mickael Pietrus.

Are we talking like the big $2.99 bag, because I'm thinking they might offer the Elementary School Lunch sized bag :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:06 am
sleandres wrote:
PVWarriorFan wrote:

Are we talking like the big $2.99 bag, because I'm thinking they might offer the Elementary School Lunch sized bag :mrgreen:

how about a ziplock bag full :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:12 am
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:
PVWarriorFan wrote:

Can we add a big gulp to it? Can't eat hot cheetos unless I have something to down it with. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:24 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:
PVWarriorFan wrote:

Can we add a big gulp to it? Can't eat hot cheetos unless I have something to down it with. :mrgreen:

hot cheetos dipped in cream cheese...mmm...never tried it? go hit that up. HELLA GOOD...washed down with coke. the ultimate fat guy's snack
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Trades