Mike Miller Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:13 am
I don't want Mike Miller. He's in the same mold as Mike Dunleavy, Adam Morrison, and JJ Reddick.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:21 am
32 wrote:I don't want Mike Miller. He's in the same mold as Mike Dunleavy, Adam Morrison, and JJ Reddick.

They're all white? lol.

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:51 am
aaustria wrote:
32 wrote:I don't want Mike Miller. He's in the same mold as Mike Dunleavy, Adam Morrison, and JJ Reddick.

They're all white? lol.

That, along with being highly touted college players that were suppose to be franchise material in the NBA, but ended up being streaky role players that never reach their potential.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 pm
32 wrote:
aaustria wrote:

They're all white? lol.

That, along with being highly touted college players that were suppose to be franchise material in the NBA, but ended up being streaky role players that never reach their potential.

I think Mike Miller definitely reached his potential. He looked like a shooter and a good scorer in Florida, and he's a shooter and a good scorer in the NBA.

If anybody expected more than that, they were being delusional.

As for the rest of those guys, they still have to prove anything in the NBA, something that Miller already did.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:19 pm
I like mike millers game better then dunleavy, morrison and reddick

When Miller played/practiced with the USA team his confidence and game reached another level

He would make a nice addition to the WARRIORS but who do the warriors need more...

MIKE MILLER VS. CHARLIE VILLANEUVA

or

Can we have both?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:22 pm
I'd go for Charlie. He's only making 2,7 million (still on his rookie contract) for 8 (9 next year and almost 10 the next) that Miller makes.

With that difference, it's a no brainer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:
aaustria wrote:

They're all white? lol.

I think Mike Miller definitely reached his potential. He looked like a shooter and a good scorer in Florida, and he's a shooter and a good scorer in the NBA.

If anybody expected more than that, they were being delusional.

As for the rest of those guys, they still have to prove anything in the NBA, something that Miller already did.

He's still streaky. Mike Miller's not a scorer that you can rely on to score every night; he has big, 30 point games on some night and disappears on others. I wouldn't trade Al Harrington for him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 pm
32 wrote:He's still streaky. Mike Miller's not a scorer that you can rely on to score every night; he has big, 30 point games on some night and disappears on others. I wouldn't trade Al Harrington for him.

Sure, and slightly overpaid. But he's productive, something that none of the other players you mentioned (except maybe, and only considering this season, Dunleavy) are.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:40 pm
Well, thats not fair. Reddick and Morrison are in their 2nd seasons... and Morrison is out for the year. Its also worth mentioning that Dunleavy, this season, is superior to Mike Miller... which is where my opening example came from. If you want another Mike Dunleavy, trade for Mike Miller.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 pm
he'd be a nice addition sure. he can handle a bit, pass and shoot. i'd rather have gasol. biedrins sidekick.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 pm
he'd be a nice addition sure. he can handle a bit, pass and shoot. i'd rather have gasol. biedrins sidekick.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:53 pm
To get Mike Miller, you'd have to trade somebody out of our starting lineup (Harrington, Davis, Jackson, Ellis, Biedrins). Would you be willing to do that?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:09 pm
32 wrote:To get Mike Miller, you'd have to trade somebody out of our starting lineup (Harrington, Davis, Jackson, Ellis, Biedrins). Would you be willing to do that?

No, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 pm
so keeping with the Memphis theme, I know a few of us have talked about the possibility of Stromile Swift. Anyone know if he is being shopped?

The guy does not get many minutes so certainly Memphis WOULD trade him, but are they ACTIVELY trying to trade him? Any rumors linking the Warriors and Swift.

I think Swift would make a good acquisition without having to give up any critical pieces to the puzzle.
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:17 pm
WOULD YOU DO IT?

Pietrus for Villanueva

and

Harrington for Miller

Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Charlie Vliianueva
Andris Beindras

Mike Miller