Mike Miller Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:50 pm
On the contra costa times web they are talking about getting Mike Miller. Would you guys be interested? And who would you give up for him? On that site they said you get him for a bunch of expirers. I say go for it. He shoots over 50% from the field and 42% from three point range.
Go TMC!!! Those were the days!!!!!
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:53 pm
He'd be a solid addition. But what do you give up? Pietrus, maybe, but what else? And I am not sure Memphis will trade him for a bunch of scrubs either.
-----------------------------------
The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 pm
He is developing some offensive game to add onto his three point shot, but is still a one-trick pony. That said, Miller is a very good player, but I dont think we could get him. I would love to get him, but I doubt it happens.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 pm
You'll find the Grizz want to keep him as he is their second or third best player and very important to them. Saying that, I'd try to give Pietrus and Harrington at the most but what that would do is open up the PF spot for BWright, not that he is ready but it gives him the chance. MMiller is a good passer and rebounder, especially from the SG/SF spot and can score real well also, with a great outside shot.

Something like MMiller and Warrick for O'bryant, Pietrus and Harrington would be better, as you get two players you will use for one you don't, one that is on the way out anyway and another that is very good but not the PF the team could use, from a rebounding perspective more than anything

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 pm
migya wrote:You'll find the Grizz want to keep him as he is their second or third best player and very important to them. Saying that, I'd try to give Pietrus and Harrington at the most but what that would do is open up the PF spot for BWright, not that he is ready but it gives him the chance. MMiller is a good passer and rebounder, especially from the SG/SF spot and can score real well also, with a great outside shot.

Something like MMiller and Warrick for O'bryant, Pietrus and Harrington would be better, as you get two players you will use for one you don't, one that is on the way out anyway and another that is very good but not the PF the team could use, from a rebounding perspective more than anything

i dont think the grizz would go for it throw in a 2nd round pick and yeah we got the deal.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 pm
mista240sx wrote:
migya wrote:You'll find the Grizz want to keep him as he is their second or third best player and very important to them. Saying that, I'd try to give Pietrus and Harrington at the most but what that would do is open up the PF spot for BWright, not that he is ready but it gives him the chance. MMiller is a good passer and rebounder, especially from the SG/SF spot and can score real well also, with a great outside shot.

i dont think the grizz would go for it throw in a 2nd round pick and yeah we got the deal.

Bud, a second round draft pick is next to useless. Nobody wants it... they never make the team. Yeah, there are very few exceptions, but second round picks, for the most part, are wasted picks. A second round draft pick wouldnt clinch a deal. A first might, but not a second...
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:57 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
mista240sx wrote:

Bud, a second round draft pick is next to useless. Nobody wants it... they never make the team. Yeah, there are very few exceptions, but second round picks, for the most part, are wasted picks. A second round draft pick wouldnt clinch a deal. A first might, but not a second...

yeah you know what your right=(
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:59 am
don't you think Mike Miller has many same qualities as Dunleavy? the thing is i think both are not fit for fast paced teams... :|
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23 am
themind wrote:don't you think Mike Miller has many same qualities as Dunleavy?

Yeah, except Miller is actually a more reliable player.

I think he'd be a good fit, but I can't see it happening, as Memphis won't trade him for our scrubs. And I wouldn't trade Al Harrington for him, considering our lack of depth inside.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:28 am
And is Mike Miller REALLY better than Al? I think Al has the same scoring potential, but also has an inside game. Yes, Mike is a better shooter, but Al is better all around player and a better one for a quick team like ours. Just my 2 cents ;)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 am
themind wrote:And is Mike Miller REALLY better than Al? I think Al has the same scoring potential, but also has an inside game. Yes, Mike is a better shooter, but Al is better all around player and a better one for a quick team like ours. Just my 2 cents ;)

Look at the stats, MMiller does more and is a very good passer

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:44 am
themind wrote:And is Mike Miller REALLY better than Al? I think Al has the same scoring potential, but also has an inside game. Yes, Mike is a better shooter, but Al is better all around player and a better one for a quick team like ours. Just my 2 cents ;)

I didn't say that. Just that Al is one of the players the Grizzlies would consider (as we won't trade Monta). I'd also keep Al over Miller.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 am
man oh man, if we just traded Pietrus and POB for Miller (highly unlikely)... wow, that'd be a steal. Miller will thrive in Nellie's game real good. When I saw them play the warriors in Memphis couple days ago, Miller and that rookie from Spain just lit the 3 pointers from all over like it was some joint! haha
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:15 am
goldenstate0fmind wrote:man oh man, if we just traded Pietrus and POB for Miller (highly unlikely)... wow, that'd be a steal. Miller will thrive in Nellie's game real good. When I saw them play the warriors in Memphis couple days ago, Miller and that rookie from Spain just lit the 3 pointers from all over like it was some joint! haha

That's TMC's main squeeze, Navarro :mrgreen:

By the way, Conley is starting to go strong and will have a better season than Navarro :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:18 am
migya wrote:
goldenstate0fmind wrote:man oh man, if we just traded Pietrus and POB for Miller (highly unlikely)... wow, that'd be a steal. Miller will thrive in Nellie's game real good. When I saw them play the warriors in Memphis couple days ago, Miller and that rookie from Spain just lit the 3 pointers from all over like it was some joint! haha

That's TMC's main squeeze, Navarro :mrgreen:

By the way, Conley is starting to go strong and will have a better season than Navarro :wink:

Sure. Remember our bet, buddy. Remember our bet...

:mrgreen:
Next

Return to Trades