Trades.............

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:52 am
Can someone PLEASE...........come up with a trade that is actually worth discussing???.............realgm is great and all but all these repetitive threads with deals that simply wouldnt happen, are getting a little annoying.

Plus, please please please, if you gonna suggest a trade with lets say, the Grizz, then if you get rebuffed then just post back in THAT thread, not start a new topic for each player youve swapped out of it and re-suggested.

Sorry, dont mean to be rude..........I just want to read/discuss a trade thread that makes sense and not see this board flooded with 5/6 reply topics.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:06 am
Pretty hard to do. It has to make sense for both teams, and to get something of value, you gotta give equal, or more, value. If we don't include any of our valuable guys, we're gonna have to settle for trades like Pietrus for Hakim Warrick or the like... Anything else would be a pipe dream.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:06 pm
bigstrads wrote:Can someone PLEASE...........come up with a trade that is actually worth discussing???.............realgm is great and all but all these repetitive threads with deals that simply wouldnt happen, are getting a little annoying.

Plus, please please please, if you gonna suggest a trade with lets say, the Grizz, then if you get rebuffed then just post back in THAT thread, not start a new topic for each player youve swapped out of it and re-suggested.

Sorry, dont mean to be rude..........I just want to read/discuss a trade thread that makes sense and not see this board flooded with 5/6 reply topics.

Agreed...the trade forum is getting out of hand. Most of the trades mentioned could be in one subject (i.e. trades for Pietrus)

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:16 pm
theres only a couple people that are making threads with unrealistic trades. i agree it is getting out of hand tho.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:32 am
when baron jackson biedrinis and ellis r off limits in trades for the most part it gets hard to make a trade that helps both teams.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:50 am
I been here for 2 years, chief. If you're looking for realistic trade ideas, you're in the wrong place. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:38 am
32 wrote:I been here for 2 years, chief. If you're looking for realistic trade ideas, you're in the wrong place.

Fair enough............but its never been as annoying, un-real and repetetive as this latest bunch.

T Prince for Barnes and Pietrus??? that just sealed the deal on my annoyance and had to say something.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am
I've seen somebody seriously propose we offer Minnesota the package of Troy Murphy, Chris Taft, Zarko Chaparkapa, and a future 2nd round pick for Kevin Garnett. And he defended that trade for weeks.

It gets BAD around here.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:59 am
Pietrus for a ham sandwich is a fair trade . . . and realistic.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:08 pm
Yes, most of the trade scenarios are very unrealistic, but I try to just get a chuckle out of them and move on.

The problem is that as Warrior fans, we tend to over value our own players cause we have some sort of emotional tie to them. That perceived value does not always correspond the the general opinion around the league of that player.

Also trades are very uncommon because for a GM to pull the trigger, they are going to need to feel that they are getting the better side of the deal (unless it is dumping a player becuase of off the court issues or salary dump).

Return to Trades