What about Sam Cassell

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:36 pm
On Hoopsworld he said that he is not having fun with the Clippers.
I think he would be a great one to pick up with his playoff experence. Plus he can not play the many minutes anymore, HE WOULD LOVE TO PLAY WITH THE DUBS, I have always like the ALIEN, he know how to ball.
My only thing is that the Clippers would not let him come to us.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:46 pm
You said it. The Clipps wouldnt trade him to a division rival. I wish, though. He can play. One bad thing, however, is his damn contract. I think he is making ten million or so. Dont quote me on that, though.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:You said it. The Clipps wouldnt trade him to a division rival. I wish, though. He can play. One bad thing, however, is his damn contract. I think he is making ten million or so. Dont quote me on that, though.

Not really. Actually, his contract is attractive, as he makes 6.1 million but is an expirer. It would fill our immediate backup PG need (assuming CJ Watson doesn't really pan out... he looks more like a scorer anyway), and we would clear out even more salary room. However, I don't see who we could offer that they would want without giving first round picks, which I would be opposed to at that point since he is basically almost done.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:23 pm
JayPat wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:You said it. The Clipps wouldnt trade him to a division rival. I wish, though. He can play. One bad thing, however, is his damn contract. I think he is making ten million or so. Dont quote me on that, though.

Not really. Actually, his contract is attractive, as he makes 6.1 million but is an expirer.

I didnt know he is an expirer. 6 million is still high for him, but I would be willing to get him for that, especially because he would be gone next year anyway.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:43 pm
Well for expirers, the more the contract, the more attractive it is.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:29 am
JayPat wrote:

Not really. Actually, his contract is attractive, as he makes 6.1 million but is an expirer. It would fill our immediate backup PG need (assuming CJ Watson doesn't really pan out... he looks more like a scorer anyway), and we would clear out even more salary room. However, I don't see who we could offer that they would want without giving first round picks, which I would be opposed to at that point since he is basically almost done.

Yeah, I like the idea, but trading him to a division rival?. It COULD happen, but I think it would be too expensive for us. I can't see it happening unless we trade them, at least, Azubuike and a first... and if that's what it takes, it would be a steal for the Clips.

I'd pass.

Return to Trades