Earl Watson

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:18 pm
What would it take to get him? He would be the PERFECT backup to Baron and could comfortabley reduce his minutes. Pass first PG with that UCLA scrappiness that would mix perfectly with Baron/Barnes style of play.

I doubt Seattle would have too much interest in Pietrus with Durant holding down the swingman spot but you never know. Maybe him with a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal.

I almost think Watson would be worth our 1st round pick next year (likely 15-19). I think with him on the floor Monta would get fed picture perfect dimes and alleys akin to how CP3 was feeding him during the rookie/soph game. I think Earl could work very well with Andris and Al as well.

Thoughts? I really can't think of a more fitting yet feasible plan for a backup PG.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:21 pm
Whilst Watson would be a decent pass first guy to get others involved while Barons resting up...........I dont think this can happen =

E Watson Salary = 5,800,000, 6,200,000 and 6,600,000 over the next 3 years.

Pietrus = 3,470,770.

Plus, Watson is waaaaaaaaaaay overpaid for what he is, I would consider that a bad contract to take on and one that would be hard to shift (unless he blew up of course)

Unless our trade exception is large enough to cover the gap (not sure what it is/how much it is), this cant happen.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:44 pm
bigstrads wrote:Unless our trade exception is large enough to cover the gap (not sure what it is/how much it is), this cant happen.

We have a ten million from Richardson and a three million from Ike.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:52 pm
seattle isnt gonna trade watson to us. theyre tryin to figure out which PG is the right fit for them right now and if anything theyre gonna get rid of luke ridnour and his ridiculous contract, not watson.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:22 pm
Watson has done very well this season and is an ideal backup but he does make to much money

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:06 pm
Basically everything's been said in this thread. If he made 2-3 million, I would really be interested in pursuing him. But he's making a lot more. Considering we have some major signing to do these next couple of years I would hold off.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:27 am
JayPat wrote:Basically everything's been said in this thread. If he made 2-3 million, I would really be interested in pursuing him. But he's making a lot more. Considering we have some major signing to do these next couple of years I would hold off.

Yep. No point in going for an overpaid backup PG.

Return to Trades