Harrington

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:39 pm
I bet alot of W's fans here would not have been happy to see Harrington here! I'll give you the reasons: 1) If I recall Atlanta almost traded him to GS but Harrington would have had a much larger contract due to a contract ext.2) We wouldn't have been able to make that trade involving Murphy, Dun Dun and Diogu.
3) Harrington would have had a bad contract almost as large as J-rich!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:45 pm
J-Rich wrote:I bet alot of W's fans here would not have been happy to see Harrington here! I'll give you the reasons: 1) If I recall Atlanta almost traded him to GS but Harrington would have had a much larger contract due to a contract ext.2) We wouldn't have been able to make that trade involving Murphy, Dun Dun and Diogu.
3) Harrington would have had a bad contract almost as large as J-rich!

actually he had the contract extension either way. the pacers werent gonna take him without an extension and neither would the warriors when we were talking to atlanta for him. secondly, if we got harrington back then, it would have involved murphy in some way. we'd probably still have dunleavy, but murphy woulda been gone.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:08 am
From what I remember Eman32. Harrington was looking at getting at least 10 million a yr upfrom his 7 million a yr. The most that GS could afford to offer him was 5.1 million a yr. That's why we could not acquire him rt away.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:09 am
He took a pay cut to play back in Indy.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:11 am
J-Rich wrote:From what I remember Eman32. Harrington was looking at getting at least 10 million a yr upfrom his 7 million a yr. The most that GS could afford to offer him was 5.1 million a yr. That's why we could not acquire him rt away.

that was as a free agent. with a contract extension he was cheaper
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to Trades