WOULD YOU DO IT? JKIDD TRADE

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 pm
Kristic was injury prone last year! Kidd has two yrs left on the books...Kidd 2008 salary is $19,720.00!!! 2010 free agents Joe Johnson, Lebron, Ben Wallace, Camby, Hamilton, McGrady, Wade, Chandler, Amare, Manu, Bosh and Dirk.

OHHH! I would have traded Kristic last year for AB! He's bigger and wider with more of an offensive game! He just has injuries problems...

Kristic 7'0 260lbs.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am
J-Rich wrote:Kristic was injury prone last year! Kidd has two yrs left on the books...Kidd 2008 salary is $19,720.00!!! 2010 free agents Joe Johnson, Lebron, Ben Wallace, Camby, Hamilton, McGrady, Wade, Chandler, Amare, Manu, Bosh and Dirk.

OHHH! I would have traded Kristic last year for AB! He's bigger and wider with more of an offensive game! He just has injuries problems...

Kristic 7'0 260lbs.

krstic wasnt injury proned last year...he was INJURED. he's injury proned NOW. big difference.

you would have traded biedrins (in the middle of a break out year) for krstic (injured all year)??? you are crazy. so kidd has two years left on his contract. IMO he has two years left before he's dunzo. and like i said...we're not freeing up a lot of money by trading for kidd. just cuz we take on his contract doesnt mean we have that money to spend. all those people you wanted to trade...their contracts dont even add up kidd's let alone both his AND krstic. and we will not have enough money to sign any of those free agents that you are talking about (assuming they dont get extended, which i guarantee at least 10 of those guys will be staying with their current team (if not traded).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 pm
Well then you would make a terrible GM!!! Trying to not free up money. I would just let Kidd go. We wouldn't have to trade for Kristic. Just a Kidd deal. At Kidd age I wouldn't resign him just keep the money to use on someone else.

How can you say that ten of those players would stay on their teams! LeBron said himself they are not a great team. Wallace said he would welcome a trade, McGrady is unhappy in Houston and Bosh team is not as good as last yrs! You definitely can't be a GM! Or even a fantasy one for that being.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 pm
J-Rich wrote:Well then you would make a terrible GM!!! Trying to not free up money. I would just let Kidd go. We wouldn't have to trade for Kristic. Just a Kidd deal. At Kidd age I wouldn't resign him just keep the money to use on someone else.

How can you say that ten of those players would stay on their teams! LeBron said himself they are not a great team. Wallace said he would welcome a trade, McGrady is unhappy in Houston and Bosh team is not as good as last yrs! You definitely can't be a GM! Or even a fantasy one for that being.

so you let kidd go when his contract is up. we dont get money back for it! once money is spent, it's spent. it's not like it got magically replenished. we are a couple million over the cap as it is and kidd would just further that. so like i said IT DOESNT FREE UP MONEY.

and how can i say ten of those players would stay with their teams? EASILY. Lebron isnt gonna go anywhere and cleveland wont let it happen unless they get one or two STARS that they can build around. tmac isnt unhappy in houston, he's unhappy with the losing situation. ben wallace was one i could see leaving his team. manu is still cheap and winning championships in SA, hes goin nowhere. dirk is on a winning team and is close to a ring himself, hes not leaving. hamilton is both on a winning team and has won a ring and is relatively cheap for what he does, hes not leavign. joe johnson is only leaving if atlanta doesnt start winning, but i do believe theyll make it to the playoffs this year which will get him to stay a lil longer. amare, PLEASE, he's staying in phoenix. bosh, same case as lebron, toronto wont let him leave unless they get one or two stars to build around. chandler will stay in NO unless they can get a better center who can score more AND rebound AND block the same amount as him. wade i could see leaving ONLY if the heat dont get any pieces to help him out, namely a big man.

any more questions?
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:22 am
Wade has let it be known that he's need help! Watch 2010 a few of those players will be on different teams or asked to be traded!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:23 am
Amare I didn't say he was leaving. It was just a list that I showed to you...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 am
J-Rich wrote:Amare I didn't say he was leaving. It was just a list that I showed to you...

and i told you that most of those guys wouldnt leave. then i explained why they wouldnt leave. if you have a different opinion then good for you. im just telling you the trade proposal you showed us is unrealistic

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:31 am
J-Rich wrote:Wade has let it be known that he's need help! Watch 2010 a few of those players will be on different teams or asked to be traded!

EMan32 wrote:and we will not have enough money to sign any of those free agents that you are talking about (assuming they dont get extended, which i guarantee at least 10 of those guys will be staying with their current team (if not traded).

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:27 am
EMan32 wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Well then you would make a terrible GM!!! Trying to not free up money. I would just let Kidd go. We wouldn't have to trade for Kristic. Just a Kidd deal. At Kidd age I wouldn't resign him just keep the money to use on someone else.

so you let kidd go when his contract is up. we dont get money back for it! once money is spent, it's spent. it's not like it got magically replenished. we are a couple million over the cap as it is and kidd would just further that. so like i said IT DOESNT FREE UP MONEY.

and how can i say ten of those players would stay with their teams? EASILY. Lebron isnt gonna go anywhere and cleveland wont let it happen unless they get one or two STARS that they can build around. tmac isnt unhappy in houston, he's unhappy with the losing situation. ben wallace was one i could see leaving his team. manu is still cheap and winning championships in SA, hes goin nowhere. dirk is on a winning team and is close to a ring himself, hes not leaving. hamilton is both on a winning team and has won a ring and is relatively cheap for what he does, hes not leavign. joe johnson is only leaving if atlanta doesnt start winning, but i do believe theyll make it to the playoffs this year which will get him to stay a lil longer. amare, PLEASE, he's staying in phoenix. bosh, same case as lebron, toronto wont let him leave unless they get one or two stars to build around. chandler will stay in NO unless they can get a better center who can score more AND rebound AND block the same amount as him. wade i could see leaving ONLY if the heat dont get any pieces to help him out, namely a big man.

any more questions?

You make it sound like a lot of these people are on their rookie contracts meaning their team has matching rights etc. There's no such things for people coming off a regular contract (unless I'm very confused). In other words. Miam, Toronto, Cleveland and others has no more right to resign these players than anyone else. They'll have to want to stay to stay. (Assuming they're expiring. Didn't verify that that actually is the case).

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:39 am
cladden wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

any more questions?

You make it sound like a lot of these people are on their rookie contracts meaning their team has matching rights etc. There's no such things for people coming off a regular contract (unless I'm very confused). In other words. Miam, Toronto, Cleveland and others has no more right to resign these players than anyone else. They'll have to want to stay to stay. (Assuming they're expiring. Didn't verify that that actually is the case).

unless of course they sign extensions which is what i meant by it. you dont have to be on your rookie contract to sign an extension. besides, unless situations change drastically (in the cases of amare, manu, bosh, and lebron) im sure they will all re-sign if they arent extended.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:05 am
EMan32 wrote:
cladden wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

any more questions?

unless of course they sign extensions which is what i meant by it. you dont have to be on your rookie contract to sign an extension. besides, unless situations change drastically (in the cases of amare, manu, bosh, and lebron) im sure they will all re-sign if they arent extended.

Also, even tho their respective teams do not have matching rights, nobody will be able to offer them as much money as those teams. Wade, Bosh and Lebron only signed short contracts to be able to sign bigger ones as soon as possible.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:57 pm
If that was the case why did another team offer more money to Lewis?(max contract) Why wasn't he resigned by Seattle? If another team has enough cap space at that time. That team's player might not be able to retain that player if they are close to the luxary tax! I.E. Andrei or Marion will probably be going to different teams!

If the Bulls keep on losing another team will offer Gordon more money than what Chicago is willing to spend!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 pm
J-Rich wrote:If that was the case why did another team offer more money to Lewis?(max contract) Why wasn't he resigned by Seattle? If another team has enough cap space at that time. That team's player might not be able to retain that player if they are close to the luxary tax! I.E. Andrei or Marion will probably be going to different teams!

If the Bulls keep on losing another team will offer Gordon more money than what Chicago is willing to spend!

cuz they were rebuilding. having rashard would slow down any kind of growth of kevin durant because offensively its having almost the same player. tall, long, offensive minded, scorer.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:51 am
I already knew that! The pt is that another team was more interested in a player and they had the money to spend on him. Same goes for any other player on that list. Remember that Kobe could have signed with the Clips a few yrs ago.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:12 am
J-Rich wrote:I already knew that! The pt is that another team was more interested in a player and they had the money to spend on him. Same goes for any other player on that list. Remember that Kobe could have signed with the Clips a few yrs ago.

It's just something of a rarity though. Ofcourse Miami, shedding Wade's contract and grab Lebron or something like that but most teams don't have that kind of money. I am sure there's a team or two in there however.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades