Pietrus trades

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:34 am
I wouldn't say that. Baron is a keeper and the main reason why the team wins. Pietrus has ability and can play his role alright but he hasn't improved since entering the nba and that is a major negative and basically shows he won't be more than what he is right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:49 am
migya wrote:I wouldn't say that. Baron is a keeper and the main reason why the team wins. Pietrus has ability and can play his role alright but he hasn't improved since entering the nba and that is a major negative and basically shows he won't be more than what he is right now

I really don't understand some W's fans... Just look at last nights game stats. Davis shoot just 2-14... That's awful. Yes he has some big games, when he wins the game all by himself, but these bad games when he shoots about 30% from the field are far more often than those good ones. From my personal point of view Davis is too inconsistent, anyone of these players (Paul, D.Williams, D Wade) are much better than him. But that's not theme we're discussing about here in this topic. Back to the flying Frenchmen. First of all, Nellie has no trust in him so obviously Pietrus can't play as freely as he would like because he's always watching round his shoulder if Nellie isn't taking him out. That's one. The second argument is that he's just very suited to the W's game so we should keep him. He's very athletic, strong, and most of all versatile. Nellie likes that and I doubt that Smush Parker is half as good as Pietrus :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:53 am
The Q wrote: From my personal point of view Davis is too inconsistent, anyone of these players (Paul, D.Williams, D Wade) are much better than him.

And none of them are available for trades.

btw, welcome to the board, The Q. :hello2:
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 am
TMC wrote:
The Q wrote: From my personal point of view Davis is too inconsistent, anyone of these players (Paul, D.Williams, D Wade) are much better than him.

And none of them are available for trades.

btw, welcome to the board, The Q. :hello2:

That's a good point :mrgreen: Anyway glad to meet you guys. Some very interesting topics going on here :)

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:02 pm
The Q wrote:
migya wrote:I wouldn't say that. Baron is a keeper and the main reason why the team wins. Pietrus has ability and can play his role alright but he hasn't improved since entering the nba and that is a major negative and basically shows he won't be more than what he is right now

I really don't understand some W's fans... Just look at last nights game stats. Davis shoot just 2-14... That's awful. Yes he has some big games, when he wins the game all by himself, but these bad games when he shoots about 30% from the field are far more often than those good ones. From my personal point of view Davis is too inconsistent, anyone of these players (Paul, D.Williams, D Wade) are much better than him. But that's not theme we're discussing about here in this topic. Back to the flying Frenchmen. First of all, Nellie has no trust in him so obviously Pietrus can't play as freely as he would like because he's always watching round his shoulder if Nellie isn't taking him out. That's one. The second argument is that he's just very suited to the W's game so we should keep him. He's very athletic, strong, and most of all versatile. Nellie likes that and I doubt that Smush Parker is half as good as Pietrus :roll:

i completely disagree. baron is one of our most consistent players. you must be lookin at stats alone cuz baron may not have the best FG% but that almost never translates what he does on the court. kobe bryant could make 8 shots in a game where he attempted 35. does that mean the lakers should trade him? iverson could do the same, should the nuggets trade him? MAYBE deron, paul, and wade are better players...but baron is the perfect player for our team.

and about pietrus...nelly may constrict him and limit what he can do on the court but that doesnt discount the fact that pietrus doesnt fit on our team anymore. if he cant accept his role for what it is now, how is nelly ever gonna trust him with a bigger responsibility? its not like pietrus was EVER a consistent scorer (this includes the musselman and montgomery era)
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:02 pm
welcome to the board tho! :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:03 pm
EMan32 wrote:welcome to the board tho! :mrgreen:

Trashing someone's opinions.... nice way to make friends. :wink:
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:08 pm
Baron and Jax are the two most important players on this team. Everyone saw what was going down when Jax was out. I bet it will be similar with Baron out. Baron is setting up Warriors' offense. And he's one of their leading scorers. Paul and Williams have different supporting casts, and Wade is not a 1. He's a 2.
-----------------------------------
The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:11 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
EMan32 wrote:welcome to the board tho! :mrgreen:

Trashing someone's opinions.... nice way to make friends. :wink:

"like me or hate me, i dont care, as long as you respect me." :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:38 am
About pietrus, i've seen on a french website that he could be trade for or dooling or arroyo...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:44 pm
stronbe wrote:About pietrus, i've seen on a french website that he could be trade for or dooling or arroyo...

that is what most of us are hoping for :wink: [-o<

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 am
I wonder what a game like this does to Pietrus' trade value. Hopefully he can keep it up...especially if he is hitting key hoops to help the team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:11 am
stronbe wrote:About pietrus, i've seen on a french website that he could be trade for or dooling or arroyo...

Dooling sucks. If it's Arroyo, I'd be ecstatic...
Previous

Return to Trades