Arroyo, Reidieck

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 am
dbwallace wrote:is jose on the market?

No. And he never was available. Toronto wanted to add Pietrus, but as a free agent. Since the Warriors tendered MP in the offseason, they never talked with him again.

And at this point, Calderon is the second most untradable guy in Toronto's roster (after Bosh, that is). Nobody knows what will happen to TJ Ford. For all they know, he could be back in a couple of weeks or may have to retire, so they're not gonna trade their only PG.

As for the proposed trade, I like Arroyo a lot, and he'd be the perfect backup for Baron. Also, his contract works perfectly in a trade for Pietrus. The problem is that Jameer Nelson is having a lot of personal problems this year and Arroyo is playing a lot in the last games. I don't know if he's available anymore.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:13 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
PistonsFan73 wrote:Calderon is one of the better point guards in the East today and it will take too much to pry him from Toronto if they will be willing to let him go.

As I said earlier, there were rumors in the offseason about a sign and trade between Toronto and Golden State about Pietrus for Calderon straight up. I'm not sure if they are still looking to move him, but if so, the Warriors should jump all over it. He would be the perfect guy to spell Baron.

That was in the offseason. Now Toronto needs a PG and it doesn't look like Toronto is in the position to move Calderon with Ford out.
-----------------------------------
The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:07 pm
if not arroyo or boykins then williams
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:42 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:We already have a Reddick and his name is Belinelli. He just doesn't play.

Bellinelli is nowhere near as good a shooter or scorer as Reddick.

What has Reddick done to say that? He has done sweet fkall so far

Reddick scored 27 ppg in college and was a 90% free throw shooter. Bellinelli scored 13 points per game in Italy and was a 75% free throw shooter.
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:48 pm
Coach Stan Van Gundy said after Tuesday's practice that he'll give Carlos Arroyo his third consecutive start and again bring on Jameer Nelson in relief tonight against the New Jersey Nets at Amway Arena.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:53 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:We already have a Reddick and his name is Belinelli. He just doesn't play.

Reddick scored 27 ppg in college and was a 90% free throw shooter. Bellinelli scored 13 points per game in Italy and was a 75% free throw shooter.

either way it doesnt really translate to the NBA. theyre both the same kind of player with different backgrounds...both of whom dont get any playing time. reddick has yet to prove in the NBA that he is a better scorer and shooter than belinelli and vice versa.

speaking of reddick...i think him having a dvd teaching people how to shoot is stupid. if im gonna learn about how to shoot from a good shooter how about someone who actually plays? id be watching ray allen, michael redd, or larry bird or someone of that sort...not redick
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:10 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Yea, I was thinking about what they've done in the nba

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:46 am
Why would you be basing it off that? Neither of them have had any sort of role in the NBA...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:10 pm
I'd take a flyer on Redick but I can't stand Carlos Arroyo. That bastard bugs me as much as Devin Harris. What a whiner.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:26 pm
EMan32 wrote:no more Dukies. everyone that comes out of Duke has a sort of spoiled attitude when it comes to playing in a certain system. id say about 90% of them dont have the flexibility to play with just any NBA team, and reddick is no exception. i wouldnt mind arroyo here, but we can most certainly do without him as well. i think we could get better for pietrus n POB

I completley agree about Reddick. I also would like to see Jose Calderon, assuming he would be willing to play less minutes
Previous

Return to Trades