GS/Portland trades

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:54 pm
Just for conversation and a little thought, I've come up with some trade proposals between the Warriors and Trailblazers:

1. Jarrett Jack for Belinelli - Jack fills nicely as backup PG. He isn't starting for the Blazers right now, is cheap and only has one year left on his contract. Jack is not a sensational distributor but a more than decent one and he can defend and score pretty well. The Blazers are not shy about getting foreign players (like they have with Sergio Rodriguez and many of their recent draft picks) and Belinelli could fit right in.

2. Sergio Rodriguez, Channing Frye and James Jones for O'bryant and Pietrus - Sergio Rodriguez can play PG pretty well and is a very good distributor, a good backup for Baron. Frye is expiring, though his contract is not that high in salary anyway, and can take O'brynt's spot on the roster. JJones is a good outside shooter that can take Pietrus' spot

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:59 pm
The first trade would be a steal for us and the second trade would be a highway robbery. I think we'd be getting a heck of a deal if we got just two of those three players for MP and POB.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:03 pm
Pietrus plays defense and O'bryant was a lottery pick that may be seen as a good fit as their Center backup for next season and even starting Center for them now. The first trade is dependent on what both GMs think of the players. Mullin may not like Jack at all. You never know

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:03 pm
I am with Pest on this. Damn, that second trade looks mighty good right about now. The first one is also pretty good, but let's throw in Pietrus, as well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am with Pest on this. Damn, that second trade looks mighty good right about now. The first one is also pretty good, but let's throw in Pietrus, as well.

Too much salary to make that trade, Portland would have to throw in another salary to make it work

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:14 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am with Pest on this. Damn, that second trade looks mighty good right about now. The first one is also pretty good, but let's throw in Pietrus, as well.

Too much salary to make that trade, Portland would have to throw in another salary to make it work

That is fine by me. Just get him outta here.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:40 pm
sergio rod. for pietrus
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:42 pm
dbwallace wrote:sergio rod. for pietrus

Salaries don't work

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:30 am
I can't see the Blazers interested in any of those trades... Sh*tty deals for them.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:25 pm
TMC wrote:I can't see the Blazers interested in any of those trades... Sh*tty deals for them.

Yeah, James Jones is the true Catalyst for their success. What do I mean by that? Jones is not one of the three best players on their team, but it's his improvement that has springboarded them into the playoff race and his involvement that put them on this run.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:32 pm
Yep, same slanted trades where the Warriors are screwing over another team. Won't work.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:08 pm
There's no reason to make these trades. Jarret Jack is one of their key players... and for the second trade, why do they need another center?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:11 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:I can't see the Blazers interested in any of those trades... Sh*tty deals for them.

Yeah, James Jones is the true Catalyst for their success. What do I mean by that? Jones is not one of the three best players on their team, but it's his improvement that has springboarded them into the playoff race and his involvement that put them on this run.

Really, you think? He was nice in Phoenix and seems to be more of a shooter than anything else

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:16 pm
JayPat wrote:There's no reason to make these trades. Jarret Jack is one of their key players... and for the second trade, why do they need another center?

Jack doesn't even start or play the most minutes at PG for them, Blake does. They could see O'bryant, the lottery pick, as better than Przyzbila as a backup Center to Oden

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Frye is a soft piece of **** *****. He shoots his crappy little jumper and thats all. He is Mr. Softy and would kill this teams state of mind, and I dont see Portland doing the trade because they are running hot. Maybe the first one, Frye was also a lottery pick at number 8. Maybe they'll do the first one tho.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Next

Return to Trades