Sarunas to Boston

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:28 pm
On warriorsworld.net there is a rumor of Sarunas to Boston for Big Baby/ and or Leon Powe. I would definitely pull the deal for this trade! Those two bigs for Sarunas. Hell ****ing yeah!

Franchise Player
» Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:45 pm
Yeah, I've heard this, but why in the hell would Boston do this? They get a megastar European superstar who cant play in the NBA for two young big men with a future? I would love to see this go through, but it wont happen.

*Edit* I just read that on there, and if there is any truth to this, and we dont try and pull this off, I will be f'n pissed. That would really help us, but I still just dont see why Boston would want him...

All Star
» Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:55 pm
Boston does this because they get their experienced PG for two young players. Ainge's approach is getting more solid veterans and relying less on younger talent.

I love this deal for the W's!!!

If we get Big Baby and Powe all of a sudden we are deep at the PF slot!

Franchise Player
» Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:40 pm
He said that they werent going to make any more moves this offseason. Like I said though, if we could make a trade like this, it would be awesome. We get rid of a bad contract, get some young players that can help our rebounding, and get Leon Powe back in the bay. :headbang:

We still need to address our backup point guard position, though.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:58 am
J-Rich wrote:On warriorsworld.net there is a rumor of Sarunas to Boston for Big Baby/ and or Leon Powe. I would definitely pull the deal for this trade! Those two bigs for Sarunas. Hell ****ing yeah!

Doesn't make sense for Boston. They're pretty short on bigs, and would trade two for a backup PG who has never had a good season in the NBA?. I think it's be pretty stupid for them... but after the Indy trade last year, I'm not gonna say it can't happen.

All Star
» Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:00 am
TMC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:On warriorsworld.net there is a rumor of Sarunas to Boston for Big Baby/ and or Leon Powe. I would definitely pull the deal for this trade! Those two bigs for Sarunas. Hell ****ing yeah!

Doesn't make sense for Boston. They're pretty short on bigs, and would trade two for a backup PG who has never had a good season in the NBA?. I think it's be pretty stupid for them... but after the Indy trade last year, I'm not gonna say it can't happen.

It would give them an expirer but I can't see it happen either.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:01 am
The team has enough big men but why not, Powe is from Oakland. Need to get another PG definately then

Role Player
» Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:53 pm
I really don't see the Celts' doing this, they're not only short on bigs, but just personnel period. But if they did, that would be f'n sweet. After the Dun-Murph unload and Foyle gone, almost any prayers can be answered.