3-Team Trade Idea (Warriors, Bucks, HEAT)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:34 am
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:It's realistic, but I don't wanna throw out that TE for Yi.

Yeah, even if we can't land anybody by the deadline, I'd rather keep it and use that money to re-sign Beans and Monta...

The only money we're committing is for Yi. JWill expires after this season so I don't see the money issue. Are you so low on Yi that you wouldn't sign him if we had the rights? If I understand the trade exception correctly it can only be used for being traded for a player without the other team taking back salary (but I might be wrong)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:07 pm
cladden wrote:The only money we're committing is for Yi. JWill expires after this season so I don't see the money issue.

I'm talking long term. We can't just re-sign everybody. In a few years, and with Monta and Beans just starting to play their new contracts, and probably with Baron still under contract, we'd have to re-sign Yi, Brandan Wright and Belinelli (probably not all of them, tho). Other players, like Al Harrington, also have long contracts... It wouldn't be a problem in a couple of years, but long term, it'd be (if Yi lives up to his hype).

cladden wrote:Are you so low on Yi that you wouldn't sign him if we had the rights?

Well, let me think about it... :mrgreen:

cladden wrote:If I understand the trade exception correctly it can only be used for being traded for a player without the other team taking back salary (but I might be wrong)

That's what I think, too.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:55 pm
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:The only money we're committing is for Yi. JWill expires after this season so I don't see the money issue.

I'm talking long term. We can't just re-sign everybody. In a few years, and with Monta and Beans just starting to play their new contracts, and probably with Baron still under contract, we'd have to re-sign Yi, Brandan Wright and Belinelli (probably not all of them, tho). Other players, like Al Harrington, also have long contracts... It wouldn't be a problem in a couple of years, but long term, it'd be (if Yi lives up to his hype).

cladden wrote:Are you so low on Yi that you wouldn't sign him if we had the rights?

Well, let me think about it... :mrgreen:

cladden wrote:If I understand the trade exception correctly it can only be used for being traded for a player without the other team taking back salary (but I might be wrong)

That's what I think, too.

In other words. Using part of it (since it can be split) for JWill is pure gravvy if the alternative is to just not use it and trading Pietrus and Cabbages (both of which we're perfectly willing to let walk) for Yi is pretty cool to me. Just realized there was a first rounder in there too but frankly I have more faith in Yi than our first rounder next year which hopefully shouldn't be a lottery pick. I believe!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:24 am
Yi is not being traded for the trade exception. Yi is being traded for Cabbage & Pietrus. The trade exception simply morphs into Jason Williams (a $9 million expirer).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:12 pm
32 wrote:Yi is not being traded for the trade exception. Yi is being traded for Cabbage & Pietrus. The trade exception simply morphs into Jason Williams (a $9 million expirer).

I guess Cabbages is gone now. I don't think the Bucks wants to give up on Yi anyway actually but it would have been a sweet deal for us.
Previous

Return to Trades