Yi Finally Signs with Bucks

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:05 pm
Glad the bucks finally got him to sign, if would have just caused more drama with the chinese govt. Now to see if this guy can ball or is just a bust.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:13 pm
should this be in the trades section?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:28 pm
Well one thing is for certain, he'll be getting a whole lotta playing time now. It'll be interesting to see what they do with CV...they've got a loaded frontline and he was injured alot last season, possible midseason trade in the making? Maybe we should be there to pinch him if his trade value drops and becomes available...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:39 pm
The Bucks do have a fairly loaded frontline but however goes to the bench, Yi or Villa, will be getting a raw deal. I'd like to try to get Villa and maybe the expiring contracts of Pietrus and Jask would do it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:39 pm
No way CV plays more time than Yi now...they've invested way to much in Yi now to see him fail. They have to give him playing time and let him develop, which will be interesting after the pathetic season the Bucks just had. Now that they're healthy I think people expect them to be a .500 team or there abouts, but with Yi making inevitable rookie mistakes it will be interesting to see how they go and what the fan reaction is. Maybe CV can become first man off the bench now that Patterson has gone to the clippers? Otherwise I just don't see him getting the playing time he needs as Bogut is a lock as starting centre now and Yi is a huge investment.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:06 pm
Could well be but they were really high on Villa. Either one being 6th man would be alright but if Mullin is smart, he'd call up the Bucks and see if they would bite on a Pietrus and Jask for Villa trade. The Bucks would get salary relief next offseason with Jask's contract and if they don't want to keep Pietrus, he expires as well but he would be good in a 6th man role

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:24 am
I'm pretty sure Villa will start and they'll play Yi from the bench this year. He's not ready for the NBA yet.

Also, I think Yi will play as many minutes at SF as at PF. I don't see a problem playing both Villa and Yi.

Return to Trades