Trade Baron?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:50 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: There is no way that he gets a 6-7 year deal. That will take him into his 40's.... They are probably going to be hesitant to give him 3-4 due to his injury prone career.

Baron is 28 years old, he wouldn't go into his 40s signing a 6-7 year deal. Definately would only sign him for 3-4 more years and then see how things go

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 am
TMC wrote:First of all, welcome to the board, MadeULook. :hello2:

It's true you want to start with a bang. Let's go step by step with your post. A few points to discuss:

1.- Mem., N.O., Por., all got beater this off season and we got worst.

This is gonna be a pretty controversial point. The way I see it, we are a worse team right now, but may be better in the long run if the rookies pan out.

But you'll see lots of people on the board that consider that the team is improved even for next season. We'll have to wait and see.

2.- Monta is the future at point

I'm not sure of that yet. I'd like to believe it, because he doesn't have to body to be a full time SG. Looks like a better fit at PG. The problem is that his game is that of a SG. He still has lots of things to prove before we can talk about moving him to PG.

3.- Should we think about trading Baron?

Maybe... but he's the key to our success, so we better get an all star to replace him. Odom, Crittenton and two firsts?. I doubt that happens. The Lakers can get Jermaine O'Neal for that much.

Actually, it's not easy to think of a trade that works with Baron. Most of the players of his level are not available in trades, and trading to get worse doesn't look like an option.

Pretty much agree totally with you TMC.

Baron is a great player but he is injuryprone so Mullin will never get much back for him. It is a difficult situation because he plays 2/3 of the time and has recently come on strong, making him more valuable than ever to the team.

Odom I like but he is paid alot and getting him would require giving the Lakers a star and we just don't have any as I think they won't want Baron. If they would take BWright and Harrington for Odom and a player like Cook, I'd do that a then try to resign Odomfor a little less than what he makes as his production is worth closer to 10-11 million.

Very difficult now for Mullin to get that star big, I thought getting Gasol could be an option but if he is now happy in Memphis, not much of a chance

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:40 am
I would love if Baron just played out his contract, but I'm afarid he is going to put our Mullin in a tough spot. Does anyone want to extend Baron for 4 years? 55-60 millon dollars? Or let him opt out? Do we want to hand-cuff our future to Baron to be an 7th or 8th seed in the west and go out in the first round every year? **** that I rather not go then go and have no chance to win! Nellie will draft us a pg if Monta dosn't work out, it is what he does. Remeber Nellie traded A.J. to Washington for the rigths to get Devin Harris so he will trade a big name. I really don't want to see Baron go, like I've said I'm a huge fan and I know he is the only way we get into the playoffs. But we can't make Baron "untouchable" if it means one day maybe playing to be Champs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:39 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: There is no way that he gets a 6-7 year deal. That will take him into his 40's.... They are probably going to be hesitant to give him 3-4 due to his injury prone career.

Baron is 28 years old, he wouldn't go into his 40s signing a 6-7 year deal. Definately would only sign him for 3-4 more years and then see how things go

:oops: Same thing. :wink:

36 year old point guard to a 40 year old point guard.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:31 pm
Yeap. After all those injuries, you have to say that in 6-7 years he'll be playing like he's 40.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:41 pm
He won't get a 6-7 year deal. That's crazy talk.

In fact, I'll bet he won't get more than 4 years. Tops. Maybe 3.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:48 pm
32 wrote:He won't get a 6-7 year deal. That's crazy talk.

In fact, I'll bet he won't get more than 4 years. Tops. Maybe 3.

:shock: Scary thought, we agreed on something..... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeap. After all those injuries, you have to say that in 6-7 years he'll be playing like he's 40.

He will get that way in three or four years probably. Baron is a great player but it really is an issue what his health will be like in a few years and what Mullin will be able to do at that point to keep the team a very good one

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:41 pm
anyone miss Mitch Richmond or just me....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:43 am
NBA Live '97 was 10 years ago, dude.

Rock's done.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Trades