Trade Scenarios 5.0

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:27 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 pm
The Warriors have yet to drastically improve this summer. Their only objective should of been to get a power forward that can rebound and Brandan Wright isn't that guy yet or may never be. He wasn't a great rebounder at UNC. They trade away the teams third best rebounder in Richardson so if anything, they've gotten worse. I acknowledge the potential of a guy like Monta Ellis, but if he can land us a power forward with just as much potential, then I'd give hiim up in a heartbeat. A team that fits into what the Warriors are looking for as well as what they're trying to do is Portland. They have a nice young talented core of players and things are looking bright for this team. What they lack is another scorer to go with Brandon Roy. Oden isn't an offensive juggernaught and Jack is more known for his defense. They have talent at the power forward spot even with the departure of Randolph. Wright maybe a project right now, but a guy like Aldridge should be ready to go from day one. Frye is having a great summer and could be fighting for a starting spot.

GS sends Monta Ellis, Jaskevicious, and Patrick O'Bryant to Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge and Jarrett Jack. This gives the Warriors a solid back up point in Jack and a PF of the future with Aldridge, especially if Brandan Wright doesn't work out. Aldridge can also play some center as well for Nellie. At 6'11, he's athletic, mobile, has a nice jumper, and an improving back to the basket game.

Portland gets a nice young player in Ellis. How about a starting line up of Ellis, Roy, Webster, Frye, and Oden?

Another idea would involve moving the young buck, Brandan Wright. New Jersey is looking for power forwards and may not be in the running for the services of Jermaine O'Neal. Brandan Wright could be a nice piece to the puzzle there as a decent rebounder isn't as necessary as having a great one since Kidd and Carter are the best rebounding guard tandem in the league. Sean Williams looked lost during summer league. The Nets are aging and need some new talent. They're also looking for a shooter.

GS sends Brandan Wright and Al Harrington for Richard Jefferson and a future 1st round pick. Kidd, Carter, and Harrington would make a nice trio still.

This would give the Warriors a very nice line up that may even content for a championship sometime down the line. The line up?

PG Davis - Jack
SG Jackson - Belinelli - Azubuike
SF Jefferson - Barnes
PF Aldridge - Croshere - Lasme
C Biedrins - Foyle - Perovic

They've improved their rebounding with Aldridge and versatility with the addition of Jefferson which are two things they need to run and gun.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13528
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:40 pm
Damn, dude. broe revoked the Guru status before and I think this post does nothing but drive his point home.

Your whole point is to trade potential for potential (Brandan Wright out, Lamarcus Alderige in)... along with giving up way too much talent (Ellis AND Harrington in two different deals) for one solid player (Richard Jefferson) who plays a position that Stephen Jackson currently has covered... and our only incentive is a mid-to-late 1st rounder from Jersey???

NO DEAL!
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:46 pm
Not to mention Portland wouldn't take part in that trade. Why would they trade for Monta when they have Brandon Roy at his position? (as Monta still has to prove he can play at PG). Also, why would they trade Aldridge, who they're extremely high on, after dealing Zach Randolph?.

That part makes no sense. As for the trade with the Nets, I'm with 32. Why would we deal Al and Wright for Jefferson when we have a player than can do as well as him in S-JaX?
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:51 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
boooooooooooooooo
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:21 am
6 rebounds a game off the bench isnt a good rebounder? hmm...

iono man...15 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks a game from a bench role in college looks pretty good to me.

32 basically made my arguement before i could...lamarcus gets a no go from me homie.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21378
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:36 am
NO!

Don't want to make other teams better while making ours worse
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: The Peninsula
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm
EMan32 wrote:6 rebounds a game off the bench isnt a good rebounder? hmm...

iono man...15 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks a game from a bench role in college looks pretty good to me.

32 basically made my arguement before i could...lamarcus gets a no go from me homie.


hmm... if you guys are so high on him, why wasnt he starting in college? he really wasnt a bench player, he just didnt start... and if you are 6'10 and playing almost 30 minutes a game, why wouldnt he get that 6 boards? he should be getting more than that...

oh and for the record, im not for this trade as it would be a dumb move on portlands behalf...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13528
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:32 am
hcop33 wrote:hmm... if you guys are so high on him, why wasnt he starting in college? he really wasnt a bench player, he just didnt start

Didn't start? :sad1:

Where did you get that from? Wright started in 37 of the 37 games he played in. Just because he played less than 30 MPG on a stacked UNC team AS A FRESHMAN doesn't mean he was a bench player.

By the way, 6 RPG in 28 minutes a night is damn good. Harrington played 32 MPG last year and only collected 6 RPG. Barnes played in 23 MPG and collected 4 RPG. Brandan Wright has, roughly, the same RPG clip as Ike Diogu, whom most of you Brandan Wright doubters were jacking off one year ago.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21378
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:58 pm
Comparing a so called future PF and supposedly very good rebounder to Harrington is not a good way to boost him :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13528
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:15 pm
What..?

A kid one year removed from high school whose already rebounding at a higher clip than an 8-year, proven, veteran NBA power forward isn't impressive...? ::lol: :mrgreen:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21378
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:49 pm
32 wrote:What..?

A kid one year removed from high school whose already rebounding at a higher clip than an 8-year, proven, veteran NBA power forward isn't impressive...? ::lol: :mrgreen:



Not when that veteran is a bad rebounder :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13528
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:What..?

A kid one year removed from high school whose already rebounding at a higher clip than an 8-year, proven, veteran NBA power forward isn't impressive...? ::lol: :mrgreen:



Not when that veteran is a bad rebounder :wink:

He averaged 8 boards a game when he played center. That's not THAT bad. :roll:

Anyway, I'm sure this Brandan Wright thing is gonna be just like the Stephen Jackson aquisition, and the Warriors making the playoffs, and Chris Mullin running the office: in the beginning, when things are rocky and unsure, you're panicking... but as soon as Brandan Wright starts tearing it up, I'm sure you'll be riding his jock like everybody else. :mrgreen:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21378
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:44 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:What..?

A kid one year removed from high school whose already rebounding at a higher clip than an 8-year, proven, veteran NBA power forward isn't impressive...? ::lol: :mrgreen:



Not when that veteran is a bad rebounder :wink:

He averaged 8 boards a game when he played center. That's not THAT bad. :roll:

Anyway, I'm sure this Brandan Wright thing is gonna be just like the Stephen Jackson aquisition, and the Warriors making the playoffs, and Chris Mullin running the office: in the beginning, when things are rocky and unsure, you're panicking... but as soon as Brandan Wright starts tearing it up, I'm sure you'll be riding his jock like everybody else. :mrgreen:



8 rebounds when he played Center :mrgreen: way to prove a point


If BWright does play well, I'll definately say so and hope he keeps it up and the team wins, I just don't see it happening any time soon
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13528
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:23 am
:roll: I guess I gotta spoon feed it you yet again:

If Harrington's limit is 8 rebounds a game at center

And Brandan Wright is inherantly better than Harrington

That means Wright will average 9-10 rebounds a game in starter's minutes

Which is pretty good
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21378
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:46 am
32 wrote::roll: I guess I gotta spoon feed it you yet again:

If Harrington's limit is 8 rebounds a game at center

And Brandan Wright is inherantly better than Harrington

That means Wright will average 9-10 rebounds a game in starter's minutes

Which is pretty good



IF!

If Adonal Foyle averaged a heap of rebounds and blocks per 48 minutes than maybe Nelson should have used him more :roll:

It will be seen just what BWright can give the team straight away
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest