Getting Camby

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:47 pm
Getting Camby for the trade exception might not be possible and would likely mean the team will definately be over the luxury tax after Biedrins and Monta get resigned next offseason. He could be attainable through trades though.

Warriors give Harrington, BWright and O'bryant to Denver for Camby and a future 1st rounder.

Denver get a PF that can run and shoot in Harrington, a young PF that is seen as having great potential and a young Center that may also have potential but is yet to get much court time. Nugs get some much needed depth up front as KMart is always injured.

Mullin gets the DOY and who is a great rebounder. Camby will likely only be around for another 6 years or so but he contributes right away and would be good alongside Biedrins

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:01 am
I like Camby, but I would rather us get an offensive type player to go along with defensive minded Andris.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:27 am
Yeah, Camby is the same kind of player Beans is (a lot better, of course) so going with a more offensive oriented PF would add some balance. Playing both Beans and Camby inside, while impressive defensively, wouldn't help much on offense.

TRADE FOR 'SHEED!!! :wink:

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:11 pm
Puh-Leaze... I seriously doubt that Denver is shopping Camby. Even if they were I think thats a little much to be giving up. Basically thats like trading J-rich and harrington for Camby since we got Wright by trading for J-rich. I doubt anyone on this forum would have agreed that J-rich and Harrington for Camby was a good trade about 2 months ago.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:02 am
I just think that the defense and rebounding would be so good with those two inside that the other players would score even better. There are many good shooters on the team and defense and rebounding are big weaknesses

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:51 am
Our defence would be stacked, but like they say, especially in college, you cant win just on shooters. You need a big man who can score inside. If we have both Camby and Andris, we have absolutly no inside scoring. I mean our two centers would score, what, 10 points a game.

It would work if we had a dominating PF who can score inside, but it wont work with us, playing SF Al Harrington at PF.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:02 am
LMAO. You created 2 different trade ideas just to sell Harrington and Brandan Wright...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:30 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Our defence would be stacked, but like they say, especially in college, you cant win just on shooters. You need a big man who can score inside. If we have both Camby and Andris, we have absolutly no inside scoring. I mean our two centers would score, what, 10 points a game.

It would work if we had a dominating PF who can score inside, but it wont work with us, playing SF Al Harrington at PF.

It would work. You need players to play their roles and that would mean Biedrins scoring off of great passers and putbacks, like he did last season, Camby doing the same but with a nice jump shot and better allround offensive skills AND both doing the job rebounding and defensively. Guys like Baron, Monta, Belinelli, SJackson and Barnes would score easier and they have more than enough ability to score. Croshere can score some as well so the team will get their points

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 am
so in theory you think its logical to trade J-Rich, Harrington, and O'Bryant for Marcus Camby....? lol i think id have 2 pass
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:50 am
Seriously.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:22 am
tallboy12321 wrote:so in theory you think its logical to trade J-Rich, Harrington, and O'Bryant for Marcus Camby....? lol i think id have 2 pass

Literally, the trade of JRich for an underdevleoped college PF that will be a backup was not logical. As is, this trade would reinforce weaknesses of the team, namely rebounding and defense

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:55 am
LMAO!

"Underdeveloped" :mrgreen:

Return to Trades