Sonics and Suns complete a trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:46 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:This was a salary dump.

That's what I think, too.

Ehhh... I think it was another last ditch attempt at getting back in the Garnett race.

Its no secret, Minnesota wants youngsters and cap relief. The Suns had the pieces to get the deal done, but they needed some salary room to appease Minny. Now, they have it.

Mullin: play your cards carefully.

I am hoping that Mullin doesnt freak and try and get the deal done quick before Phoenix gets a chance at him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:21 pm
Unless the Warriors include all 3 of their studs (Wright, Ellis, and Biedrins) or Baron Davis, there's no way they can overpay for Garnett. Baron, Garnett, Jackson, and one of the studs is a better team than we had last year.

Garnett's THAT good.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:26 pm
32 wrote:Unless the Warriors include all 3 of their studs (Wright, Ellis, and Biedrins) or Baron Davis, there's no way they can overpay for Garnett. Baron, Garnett, Jackson, and one of the studs is a better team than we had last year.

Garnett's THAT good.

We know that he is THAT good, but the question I have is how long will he be THAT good? Three, four years? Five at the most. If we dont make it to the finals, it isnt a good trade because we just traded two of our great young players. It is a tremendous amount of pressure on three people.

1. Baron is always hurt. If he were to stay healthy, they will be awesome.
2. Can Steven Jackson stay out of trouble and stay on the court?
3. Garnett will be awesome.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:43 pm
The Phoenix Suns reaquired Steve Nash when he was about as far in his career as KG. Was that a mistake?

Ditto for Kidd in New Jersey. And how did the Shaq trade work out for Miami?

Even if Garnett is only dominant for another 4 seasons, that's a helluva long time. And I guarentee you the Warriors would hit the WCF at least one (probably twice) in that time.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:47 pm
I think Baron will be fine. They just have to watch his minutes. Remember at the beginning of the season he played 40+ minutes nearly every game. And everyone agreed that it was going to hurt him and the team in the long run.

Jackson should stay out of trouble. I have no concerns for him. He understands what he's done... hell, he's talked to his neighbor in Indiana, Tony Dungy, about the issue. He's a changed man, I don't think we'll hear his name for the wrong reasons anymore. He learned to control his anger with the fans in the Utah series with the bum who held up the "The NBA could use more money" and repeatedly told Jackson to hit him but he didn't.

And yes... Garnett would be awesome. Even if Baron went down, we'd have others to fill in for him and continuously take the pressure off of KG on the block such as Belinelli's shooting, Jackson's offense, ect.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:52 pm
If we had Garnett in the playoffs against Utah, we'd either have gotten axed in the WCF or we'd be NBA Champions right now. Absolutely no question.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:10 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:Unless the Warriors include all 3 of their studs (Wright, Ellis, and Biedrins) or Baron Davis, there's no way they can overpay for Garnett. Baron, Garnett, Jackson, and one of the studs is a better team than we had last year.

Garnett's THAT good.

We know that he is THAT good, but the question I have is how long will he be THAT good? Three, four years? Five at the most. If we dont make it to the finals, it isnt a good trade because we just traded two of our great young players. It is a tremendous amount of pressure on three people.

The thing is... there is no guranteed:

A:Monta, Wright, AB is the future. For all we know, they can suck once Baron and Nelson leaves...

B:Wright will ever be as good as Garnett (PERIOD)

C:we will make the final with Garnett, Baron, SJax but that is as good as it gets. You have 3 players in possibly their prime (or Prime +1) hehe.... I take my chances... In it to win it!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:36 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Garnett's THAT good.

A:Monta, Wright, AB is the future. For all we know, they can suck once Baron and Nelson leaves...

C:we will make the final with Garnett, Baron, SJax but that is as good as it gets. You have 3 players in possibly their prime (or Prime +1) hehe.... I take my chances... In it to win it!!

I guess that is what you are supposed to do, get in it to win it. :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:08 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Garnett's THAT good.

And just because a player's in his prime doesn't mean it's gotta be over in 2 seasons.

How many years have the Nets been contenders, purely due to Jason Kidd? Ditto for Shaq's teams. Ditto for Steve Nash. A combination of Baron Davis and Kevin Garnett is unfair. Imagine Baron going off like he did in the first round... and having a 20/12/2 machine backing him up. Its the ultimate inside/outside duo.

Garnett and Baron is some NBA2K7 sh*t. The kind of trade you've dreamt about, but never thought was REALLY possible. Its possible now. I'd pull the trigger on it any day of the week.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:33 am
32 wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Garnett's THAT good.

And just because a player's in his prime doesn't mean it's gotta be over in 2 seasons.

How many years have the Nets been contenders, purely due to Jason Kidd? Ditto for Shaq's teams. Ditto for Steve Nash. A combination of Baron Davis and Kevin Garnett is unfair. Imagine Baron going off like he did in the first round... and having a 20/12/2 machine backing him up. Its the ultimate inside/outside duo.

Garnett and Baron is some NBA2K7 sh*t. The kind of trade you've dreamt about, but never thought was REALLY possible. Its possible now. I'd pull the trigger on it any day of the week.

I would love to get Garnett and worry about his length of play later. I agree, BD and KG is DEADLY!!! DO it, dammit, I m goin gto make the trade on nba2k7 :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:12 am
The way Baron played in the 1st orund and in the 2nd round really is the best he has played in his career, definately since coming to the Warriors. He doesn't do this often :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:58 am
He played like that the entire 2003-'04 season.

Baron is an absolute beast when he's healthy. Don't forget; Baron played like this in the beginning of the season, too. There was a point in the 1st ten games when he was averaging something crazy like 25 points, 10 assists, 3 steals, and 4 rebounds a game on 50% from the field.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:29 am
When he is on, he is really really on.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:24 pm
When he's on, nobody in the NBA can stop him.

How many players can you say that about? Kobe, LeBron, DWade... and that's about it. Not Shaq anymore, as proven by the playoffs. Definately not Dirk's bitch ass.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:34 pm
:shock: Sounds like you're a Dirk fan. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Trades