Sonics and Suns complete a trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:57 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
32 wrote:Nowitski and Nash share 3 MVP awards. Name another lineup that does that.

Name the year that the Mavericks had those two with 3 MVPs between them. Actually, name the year they had 1 MVP between them :wink:

2003-'04.

Dirk Nowitski and Steve Nash.

At this point, you're just playing devil's advocate. Dirk Nowitski was surrounded by one of the most loaded lineups of all-time, but (in true Nowitski fashion) choked a fat one and couldn't deliver. Oh well.

By the way, you still haven't answered my question. I'm gonna guess its because you can't.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:46 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Nowitzki has always been the best player on a loaded Dallas team. He was their best when they rose up from being real bad and is a superstar, just not as much as most superstars are, especially stepping up when he could have perhaps taken his team to championships. In fairness to him, he always had Duncan and Robinson of the Spurs in front of him, as well as now the Phoenix machine. Sacremento was loaded a few years ago when they had Webber and Divac also. The Heat were on a mission with Shaq, Mourning, Payton and Walker looking for a championship and Wade becoming a superstar

Nash and Finley were all stars at the time. Finley wasn't as washed up as he is now and Nash wasn't worth MVP over guys like Shaq in his prime just yet. There might've been a team blocking his path, but a player like him shouldn't have to play like crap and whine about it.

My point is that he's not that bad and didn't exactly make his team just average. Nowitzki is responsible for most of Dallas' success (more than any other at least) and is a star. He could have been more mature in the series against the Heat

I agree that he's not that bad. If it weren't for Nelson, Nowitzki would've been a "Who that?" in the league. Remember, it was Nelson that requested a trade to bring in Dirk from Milwaukee after a miserable rookie season. I know Yi sucks, but it gets me wondering... if he could bring out the best of a terrible rookie, then what can he do with Jianlian? I think of Yi as a garbage time player. I'm not saying we should trade for Yi, I'm just saying I'd wonder what Nelson could bring out of the kid.

Dirk has never played for Milwaukee. He was traded on draft night (I believe).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:08 am
cladden wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Nowitzki has always been the best player on a loaded Dallas team. He was their best when they rose up from being real bad and is a superstar, just not as much as most superstars are, especially stepping up when he could have perhaps taken his team to championships. In fairness to him, he always had Duncan and Robinson of the Spurs in front of him, as well as now the Phoenix machine. Sacremento was loaded a few years ago when they had Webber and Divac also. The Heat were on a mission with Shaq, Mourning, Payton and Walker looking for a championship and Wade becoming a superstar

Nash and Finley were all stars at the time. Finley wasn't as washed up as he is now and Nash wasn't worth MVP over guys like Shaq in his prime just yet. There might've been a team blocking his path, but a player like him shouldn't have to play like crap and whine about it.

My point is that he's not that bad and didn't exactly make his team just average. Nowitzki is responsible for most of Dallas' success (more than any other at least) and is a star. He could have been more mature in the series against the Heat

I agree that he's not that bad. If it weren't for Nelson, Nowitzki would've been a "Who that?" in the league. Remember, it was Nelson that requested a trade to bring in Dirk from Milwaukee after a miserable rookie season. I know Yi sucks, but it gets me wondering... if he could bring out the best of a terrible rookie, then what can he do with Jianlian? I think of Yi as a garbage time player. I'm not saying we should trade for Yi, I'm just saying I'd wonder what Nelson could bring out of the kid.

Dirk has never played for Milwaukee. He was traded on draft night (I believe).

Woops, my bad. Yeah he was. Looks like Milwaukee has a knack for drafting international players... but usually never keeping them.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:08 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
32 wrote:Nowitski and Nash share 3 MVP awards. Name another lineup that does that.

Name the year that the Mavericks had those two with 3 MVPs between them. Actually, name the year they had 1 MVP between them :wink:

2003-'04.

Dirk Nowitski and Steve Nash.

The answer is = No year :wink:
Nowitzki and Nash had not won any MVP at all while on the same team.

As I said above, they had zero MVPs but just to give you an example of teams that had better talent:
Portland TrailBlazers from 1998/99 to 2003/04,
Phoenix Suns from 1992/93 to 1995/96,
Houston Rockets from 1994/95 to 1998/99

The current Suns team of the last three years has better talent, especially the starters

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Exactly. You can't even answer a simple question. :)

Have a nice day.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:54 am
What question was that? Can't be the one I just answered, another attempt at making stuff up from ya :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades