Mikael is waiting to Exhale

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:13 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus played his role well last season. There are better players but for 3 million a year he is good to keep

I really dont like Pietrus, but if there is no one else, I know that he is the best option for us.

He makes some stupid plays but he plays his role well enough

For me, it is those stupid plays that I hate about him. I know that when he gets hot, he can knock down the threes as good as anyone on the team, and on the break, he can get the dunk, but his dribbling scares me, and his free throws scare me. I really hope he improves with us, because I would love to like him, but right now, I am not sure that he is our best option.

He won't get more than 3-4 million a year by Mullin if he does get a contract at all because the team now has much more talent than two years ago. Pietrus had a better season than Dunleavy ever had here and played his role far better and yet Dunleavy got a contract worth 8.9 million a year. With players like Barnes, Monta and SJackson playing like they did last season, Mullin likely wouldn't have offered dun any contract at all let alone a big one. Pietrus showed he can play within his role and not try anything more so that aspect is in his favour but whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen

He has his skills. If he were to stay in them, I would be happy with him, but sometimes he goes out of his skills. Dribbling the ball on the break scares me with him. It seems like he cant make discisions with the ball. If he would work on that, he could be a pretty good player, but not until he gets much better at that.

Pietrus really exposes his weaknesses when he goes outside his role. After four years in the nba he still has the same weaknesses and so it is likely he will never fix those. He plays well alongside playmakers like Baron

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:21 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus played his role well last season. There are better players but for 3 million a year he is good to keep

I really dont like Pietrus, but if there is no one else, I know that he is the best option for us.

He makes some stupid plays but he plays his role well enough

For me, it is those stupid plays that I hate about him. I know that when he gets hot, he can knock down the threes as good as anyone on the team, and on the break, he can get the dunk, but his dribbling scares me, and his free throws scare me. I really hope he improves with us, because I would love to like him, but right now, I am not sure that he is our best option.

He won't get more than 3-4 million a year by Mullin if he does get a contract at all because the team now has much more talent than two years ago. Pietrus had a better season than Dunleavy ever had here and played his role far better and yet Dunleavy got a contract worth 8.9 million a year. With players like Barnes, Monta and SJackson playing like they did last season, Mullin likely wouldn't have offered dun any contract at all let alone a big one. Pietrus showed he can play within his role and not try anything more so that aspect is in his favour but whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen

He has his skills. If he were to stay in them, I would be happy with him, but sometimes he goes out of his skills. Dribbling the ball on the break scares me with him. It seems like he cant make discisions with the ball. If he would work on that, he could be a pretty good player, but not until he gets much better at that.

Pietrus really exposes his weaknesses when he goes outside his role. After four years in the nba he still has the same weaknesses and so it is likely he will never fix those. He plays well alongside playmakers like Baron

Yeah, he needs someone to set him up for points instead of creating his own. That is okay if you can really score if they set you up, but he really isnt that great scorer. With no one to set him up, he plays like crap.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:04 pm
There is obviously a bigger picture with Pietrus, after him & Cabbages having multiple deal's turned down by Mullin & also denying Cabbage a buyout of his contract, Mullin is playing hard ball & is not willing to settle for anything less than what he is targeting. After Miami lost Posey to Bean Town they are reportedly still after Pietrus & had a deal recently vetoed by Mullin, Miami is also rumored to be after Bibby so maybe a three team deal :dontknow: But it definitely looks like Pietrus & Cabbages are a package deal & I doubt this drag's on much longer...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:07 am
What I read and what the article you recently posted in the news section also states is that Jask kept the final year of his contract to get the 4 million for this upcoming season. It was him and not Mullin or anyone else that kept his contract. What he wanted was to get paid out and then go and earn even more money from another team, be it in Europe or whatever

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:35 am
migya wrote:What I read and what the article you recently posted in the news section also states is that Jask kept the final year of his contract to get the 4 million for this upcoming season. It was him and not Mullin or anyone else that kept his contract. What he wanted was to get paid out and then go and earn even more money from another team, be it in Europe or whatever

Yeah, seems like his agent is traying to force a trade, while not leaving any money on the table. That might force him to stay for one more year riding the pine if they can't find a taker Mullin likes.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:36 am
O.G. Broe wrote:There is obviously a bigger picture with Pietrus, after him & Cabbages having multiple deal's turned down by Mullin & also denying Cabbage a buyout of his contract, Mullin is playing hard ball & is not willing to settle for anything less than what he is targeting. After Miami lost Posey to Bean Town they are reportedly still after Pietrus & had a deal recently vetoed by Mullin, Miami is also rumored to be after Bibby so maybe a three team deal :dontknow: But it definitely looks like Pietrus & Cabbages are a package deal & I doubt this drag's on much longer...

I hope you're right.

Pietrus and Cabbage are dead weight, to me, so getting any productive player in return for them would be a welcomed bonus. If Mullin can turn our garbage (aka, those 2) into a decent player, he's an even bigger wizard than I thought...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:20 am
32 wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:There is obviously a bigger picture with Pietrus, after him & Cabbages having multiple deal's turned down by Mullin & also denying Cabbage a buyout of his contract, Mullin is playing hard ball & is not willing to settle for anything less than what he is targeting. After Miami lost Posey to Bean Town they are reportedly still after Pietrus & had a deal recently vetoed by Mullin, Miami is also rumored to be after Bibby so maybe a three team deal :dontknow: But it definitely looks like Pietrus & Cabbages are a package deal & I doubt this drag's on much longer...

I hope you're right.

Pietrus and Cabbage are dead weight, to me, so getting any productive player in return for them would be a welcomed bonus. If Mullin can turn our garbage (aka, those 2) into a decent player, he's an even bigger wizard than I thought...

How is Pietrus garbage? He's not better than Jackson, but he will be good for a second-string forward at a reasonable price.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:37 am
Barnes for sure will be ahead of him, and Azubuike could play ahead of him, too. He is a third stringer, and cant stay within his skill set, which isnt very broad to begin with.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:38 pm
He just came off a productive season, his best so far. He is a good fit for the system is useful but not sure how much court time he will get this season, especially if Azu is put ahead of him

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:09 am
I would rather have Azu see more playing time than Pietrus simply because I think Azu has more room for growth. In the short amount of time Azu got, he showed he can provide valuable minutes. Pietrus on the other hand, has already peaked as far as skills go. He is extremely explosive, but too erratic and his erroneous plays make him less appealing. I wish he would've translated that explosiveness and raw athleticism into consistency, but it didn't work that way. I hope he rides the bench behind Jackson, Barnes, and Azu.
Been a fan since the C-Webb n' Spree days... never a winning record, but you gotta love the W's.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:17 am
If Azu can provide strength in a couple of areas, I'm all for him being ahead of Pietrus but if Azu tries to create too much and/or his shooting is not consistent AND Pietrus is more consistent and provides rebounding and defense still, then Pietrus should be put ahead of Azu. Azu showed very good skill and potential but the team doesn't need another playmaker, just another hard worker and consistent guard

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:29 pm
migya wrote:If Azu can provide strength in a couple of areas, I'm all for him being ahead of Pietrus but if Azu tries to create too much and/or his shooting is not consistent AND Pietrus is more consistent and provides rebounding and defense still, then Pietrus should be put ahead of Azu. Azu showed very good skill and potential but the team doesn't need another playmaker, just another hard worker and consistent guard

When was Azu a playmaker?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:43 pm
JayPat wrote:
32 wrote:

I hope you're right.

How is Pietrus garbage? He's not better than Jackson, but he will be good for a second-string forward at a reasonable price.

Mickael Pietrus can't dribble. Can't pass. Can't shoot anywhere except for the corners. Can't make free throws. His defense is hillariously overrated. He rides his athletic ability to weakside rebounds and Sportscenter dunks, but thats all he's good for. I agree with you, he's 2nd-string quality. Good for 15-20 minutes per night.

The problem is, Pietrus fancies himself as a budding star. He wants more money than he's worth. He wants more minutes than I'd like to give him. Pietrus, by any and all indications from his camp, see's himself as a starter on most any other squad in the league. For that reason, I label him as garbage. The guy would be one of the sorrier starting 2's in the league if he started. For 15 minutes a night? Sure, we can use him. But for $3.5 million a year and 30 minutes a night? Hell no.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:37 pm
cladden wrote:
migya wrote:If Azu can provide strength in a couple of areas, I'm all for him being ahead of Pietrus but if Azu tries to create too much and/or his shooting is not consistent AND Pietrus is more consistent and provides rebounding and defense still, then Pietrus should be put ahead of Azu. Azu showed very good skill and potential but the team doesn't need another playmaker, just another hard worker and consistent guard

When was Azu a playmaker?

Azu likes to dribble more and create a bit, that's all I meant. If he does this and stays within the system, not taking away from anyone else and not stuffing things up, he can create a little bit definately. The thing is, the team doesn't need anymore guys wanting the ball in their hands often, what is needed is role players that want to defend, rebound and spot up or fill the lanes while Baron, Monta and SJackson create for them

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:21 am
Miami Herald ... 9-9-08.
Restricted free agent small forward Mickael Pietrus' agent informed Golden State he prefers a sign-and-trade to Miami, and the Heat has been trying to find a third team with something the Warriors want.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
PreviousNext

Return to Trades