Mikael is waiting to Exhale

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 pm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... R24791.DTL

Why haven't we pulled the trigger on any of these trades yet?

Thoughts?
Been a fan since the C-Webb n' Spree days... never a winning record, but you gotta love the W's.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm
I can understand Pietrus' frustrations. Mullin is definately playing the corporate man role and not deciding on anything until he gets his big deal done. Hopefully things will get worked out because the last you want is disgruntled players on your team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:59 am
Mullin probably hasn't seen a trade he likes... MP will have to sign with some team under the cap or keep waiting.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:12 am
Looking more and more like Mullin will resign Barnes and Pietrus for cheap and if he does, he'll again have done well

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:59 am
No, resigning Pietrus would be a mistake, regardless of how low his money is. He has no talent. He's dead weight. Far better to trade him for someone else. Or just let him go and save the money.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 pm
Pietrus played his role well last season. There are better players but for 3 million a year he is good to keep

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm
migya wrote:Pietrus played his role well last season. There are better players but for 3 million a year he is good to keep

I really dont like Pietrus, but if there is no one else, I know that he is the best option for us.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:22 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus played his role well last season. There are better players but for 3 million a year he is good to keep

I really dont like Pietrus, but if there is no one else, I know that he is the best option for us.

He makes some stupid plays but he plays his role well enough

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

For me, it is those stupid plays that I hate about him. I know that when he gets hot, he can knock down the threes as good as anyone on the team, and on the break, he can get the dunk, but his dribbling scares me, and his free throws scare me. I really hope he improves with us, because I would love to like him, but right now, I am not sure that he is our best option.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:41 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

For me, it is those stupid plays that I hate about him. I know that when he gets hot, he can knock down the threes as good as anyone on the team, and on the break, he can get the dunk, but his dribbling scares me, and his free throws scare me. I really hope he improves with us, because I would love to like him, but right now, I am not sure that he is our best option.

Mullin GET KG already!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:25 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Mullin GET KG already!!!

:D Yes please, Mullin pull the trigger!

Yet, according to Mully's history with trades... patience will get us there.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

He won't get more than 3-4 million a year by Mullin if he does get a contract at all because the team now has much more talent than two years ago. Pietrus had a better season than Dunleavy ever had here and played his role far better and yet Dunleavy got a contract worth 8.9 million a year. With players like Barnes, Monta and SJackson playing like they did last season, Mullin likely wouldn't have offered dun any contract at all let alone a big one. Pietrus showed he can play within his role and not try anything more so that aspect is in his favour but whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:14 am
migya wrote: Pietrus showed he can play within his role and not try anything more so that aspect is in his favour but whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen

Keep in mind that he already does have a contract so to speak. We make him a qualifying offer of 3.4 million to make him restricted so he is essentially under contract.

He can go out and find a new deal, or he can sign the qualifying offer.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:20 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

He won't get more than 3-4 million a year by Mullin if he does get a contract at all because the team now has much more talent than two years ago. Pietrus had a better season than Dunleavy ever had here and played his role far better and yet Dunleavy got a contract worth 8.9 million a year. With players like Barnes, Monta and SJackson playing like they did last season, Mullin likely wouldn't have offered dun any contract at all let alone a big one. Pietrus showed he can play within his role and not try anything more so that aspect is in his favour but whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen

He has his skills. If he were to stay in them, I would be happy with him, but sometimes he goes out of his skills. Dribbling the ball on the break scares me with him. It seems like he cant make discisions with the ball. If he would work on that, he could be a pretty good player, but not until he gets much better at that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:11 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
migya wrote: Pietrus showed he can play within his role and not try anything more so that aspect is in his favour but whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen

Keep in mind that he already does have a contract so to speak. We make him a qualifying offer of 3.4 million to make him restricted so he is essentially under contract.

He can go out and find a new deal, or he can sign the qualifying offer.

Yes he does have the qualifying offer given to him and he is not worth more money than that right now

Next

Return to Trades